Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

2011 Hyundai Sonata

Comments

• m6userm6user Posts: 2,952
    Does any non-luxury midsize sedan that does offer cooled seats? I know you can get them in the new Taurus(full-size vehicle) and some luxury cars but not in this category that I know of. I realize all these things wouldn't be that costly but they add up and push base MSRP past certain price points that manufacturers want to stay beneath to be competitive.
  • smarty666smarty666 Posts: 1,503
    well the Maxima is a oddity car, its not quite a luxury car but more than just a regular family sedan, not sure what you would call it but its dimensions classify it as a mid-size and you can get heated/cooled seats on that!
    well if heater coils costs so little then why don't other competitors offer them? that is another example where it doesn't make sense, yet they can afford to have a power front passenger seat? go figure, the logic of all this escapes me!
    trust me, your not missing anything! I have coin holders in all of my cars and they all suck! they never hold the coins or they come out and go all over!
    edited March 2010
    Yeah, I'm not really sure what category the Max is trying to be in. I had a 1996 Max and loved it. Traded it in on an Infiniti but should have kept it rather than a different car that I did keep. Didn't know it had cooled seats but it seems to be in a different category pricewise versus a Hyundai, that's why I wasn't sure.

Seems like the Max is a large car but I know it's really not. I guess it has that perception because the Altima is Nissan's midsize entry and then you have.........the Maxima. :confuse:
    I actually got one of the new Maxima's, I didn't load it up because I didn't want it to be into Infiniti territory with price but Nissan has given big incentives on the car making it sell pretty well (typically 4-6k per month since its debut, not to shabby!) I do agree though the Maxima, kind of like the Genesis is a oddity, it doesn't quite feel like a Nissan but definitely not a Infiniti either! but, I liked the exterior bodystyle better than the Altima and it has a power front passenger seat, as you heard be go on about before so it was a easy decision, plus the front seats are some of the most comfortable I've ever sat in, plus they are heated!

I don't know though, had the 2011 Sonata been out last summer when I was shopping I might have been in a entirely different car then the one I am in now!

oh well though, kudos to Hyundai for the ten times better styling on the 2011!
  • houdini1houdini1 Kansas City areaPosts: 5,862
    Not having a power passenger seat has killed more than one deal for me. Why? Because of my wife. I drive 99% of the time when we are together and she, of course, uses the passenger seat. Any time we test drive a car that is the first thing she looks for. No power seat, no deal.

Men purchase most cars but women influence them. The car makers are missing a big selling benefit here.

2013 LX 570 2010 LS 460 2002 Tacoma 4x4

• Thanks. Won't you know I actually found it on my own...I got in the car yesterday and starting pressing buttons and found it. Now, I just need to check into the phone.
  • Does anyone know when they are coming out with the camel leather interior on the Limited?
  • lancep97lancep97 Posts: 36
    edited March 2010
    The reality of it all is that most Americans drive solo in their cars for daily commutes or quick trips for errands. Very few of us actually carry passengers the majority of the time. Hyundai probably figures the lower overall cost with the exclusion of a power passenger seat is a better incentive to customers than including such a feature.
  • shabadoo25shabadoo25 Posts: 216
    My wife has no problem adjusting the manual seat to her liking whenever she gets in, but the first thing she hits is the heated seat.

Even if the temp isn't that low, she loves the feeling on her lower back. That's a far bigger selling point to us than power.
    edited March 2010
    A power passenger seat is just not a player for me. My wife never adjusts her seat hardly at all(most have recline feature which is enough for her). To tell you the truth, I don't even know if one of our cars has a power passenger seat or not. I know one does and one doesn't but the third I don't even know. Heated seats(even though we live in Chicago area) are simply not a big deal for us either. Like em but don't really care that much.

When we have looked for new cars I can't remember once that we even checked for that feature. I understand that it is a major issue for a lot of people and also understand that it is perfectly logical for them. But for me and probably a lot of other people it's not an issue at all. I don't what the percentage breakdown might be but I have to believe that if the majority of people were really hot about it the automakers would be listening.

In the old days just about all these things could be ordered optional but since the "package system" came into being you have to kind of take what you get to a degree. I realize that this makes manufacturing faster and cheaper and the cars can offered for less MSRP but it certainly limits your options(no pun intended).

I personally like the Homelink feature and it can be a dealbreaker for me. That probably sounds silly to most people but it is just something that I really like so I understand about the power passenger seat completely.
  • jerryk33jerryk33 Posts: 6
    I am in complete agreement that the Limited Model should INCLUDE passenger power seat. Other Model (SE) optional! Any news yet about the Turbo 4?? I am still leary of the 4 and its "freeway power"!
  • meikmeik Posts: 63
    For me, bluetooth, auto-dimming mirror, heated front seats, and auto-climate control. I really love them.
    Most likely late summer for the turbo and fall for the hybrid.

As a 2011 driver, the car has plenty of freeway power.
  • syitalian25syitalian25 Posts: 303
    edited March 2010
    The power from the regular 4 cylinder is very good. I have only driven V6s before getting my SE and have been very impressed with getting so much power out of so few cylinders and so little fuel. Aside from the extra HP, the engine has good torque and feels almost like some of the turbocharged engines from a few years ago without the turbo lag. And since the compression ration is 11:3:1, the output is not technically that far off. Its not a race car, but I do a lot of passing and drive at 75-85 mph. most of the time, trust me the car goes to 100+ with no effort at all. This was one of my most important considerations when I bought the car - the other 4 cylinders I've driven (like the Accord and Malibu) were just too weak when you really hit the gas.
  • mgw1mgw1 Posts: 11
    I must say I absolutely love my new Limited -- looks, performance, economy, special features. Can anyone clue me in on mounting the front license plate without damaging the finish? I don't see any holes or other obvious way to do it.

Thanks!!
    I don't have any holes, either. Front plates aren't required in this state, so maybe they just drill them where they are needed?
  • backybacky Twin CitiesPosts: 18,682
    I'm surprised your dealer didn't mount the front plate for you. The dealer did that for me for every new car I've ever purchased, when I picked up the plates. It's especially important if hole drilling is required, as it is here. There may be certain places to drill--are there any "dimples" on the bumper showing where the bolts should go?
  • cmunizcmuniz Posts: 604
    Does anyone know when they are coming out with the camel leather interior on the Limited?

I understand that they are installing them now at the Montgomery plant and should be at dealers in one to three weeks.