Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Volvo XC60 Lease Questions

Comments

• CarMan@EdmundsCarMan@Edmunds Posts: 38,518
    Hi ganunk. Sorry for the delay in my response...I went away on vacation this month and I am almost caught up.

US Bank charges a $695 acquisition fee on every vehicle that it leases. It appears as though the dealer that you are working with is marking this base fee up by $300...in addition to marking up your money factor a little. See if you can get the dealer to use the buy rate money factor and base acquisition fee on your deal.

Having said that, a selling price of under dealer invoice is excellent, especially if it isn't taking into account the conquest or loyalty cash...so overall this may still be a good deal even with the mark-ups.

Car_man
    Host
    Prices Paid: Buying & Leasing Experiences Forum

Car_man
    Host
    Greetings expertbi. Since you are new to leasing, you definitely should check out the following informative articles on the subject that are available here at Edmunds.com: 10 Steps to Leasing a New Car and Calculate Your Own Lease Payment.

In short, the easiest way to get a good deal on a leased vehicle is to shop around for the lowest possible selling price and then have the dealer that you decide to go with calculate your vehicle's monthly payment using its buy rate lease money factor. It's really as simple as that.

Car_man
    Host
  • dps06dps06 Posts: 8
    Carman,

Could you also provide the lease figures for 36 and 48 months and 15k miles per year on the XC-60 3.2 AWD and T-6?

Thanks
  • zheckszhecks Posts: 34
    Car_man,

Could you also provide the lease figures for 36 and 48 months and 15k miles per year on the XC-60 3.2 FWD ?

Please let me know the money factor and residual.

thanks
    Here's the information that you're looking for dps06.

US Bank's May buy rate lease money factor and residual value for a 36-month lease of a 2012 XC60 3.2 AWD with 15,000 miles per year are .00035 and 48%, respectively for consumers who qualify for its top credit tier.

The numbers for an otherwise identical 48-month lease are .00128 and 38%.

The numbers for the 2012 XC60 T6 Base model are .00035 / 48% and .00128 / 38%.

Car_man
    Host
    Hi zhecks. US Bank's May buy rate lease money factor and residual value for a 36-month lease of a 2012 XC60 3.2 FWD with 15,000 miles per year are .00035 and 46%, respectively for consumers who qualify for its top credit tier.

The numbers for an otherwise identical 48-month lease are .00128 and 37%.

Car_man
    Host
  • rhubesrhubes Posts: 1
    Car Man,

I am interested in leasing a 2012 XC60 T6 AWD with Platinum package in the DC area. I saw your message that:

US Bank's May buy rate lease money factor and residual value for a 36-month lease of a 2012 XC60 3.2 AWD with 15,000 miles per year are .00035 and 48%, respectively for consumers who qualify for its top credit tier.

Are the numbers the same for a 12K mi/year lease and for the Platinum package (or does that matter)?

Any info is much appreciated!

Thanks in advance.
    Hi rhubes. The money factors for an XC60 with the Platinum package would be the same, but the residual values would be 2% lower...until they are adjusted for 12,000 miles per year. I believe that the 12k residual value would be 1% higher than the 15k residual.

Car_man
    Host
  • radoncgsradoncgs Posts: 58
    Thanks Car_man for the message. Am I correct that a money factor of .00035 equals an APR of 0.84%? That sounds too much a good deal? or is my calculation wrong? Thanks.
    Your calculation was right on the money radoncgs. Volvo is offering very low interest rates on leases right now.

Car_man
    Host
  • radoncgsradoncgs Posts: 58
    I assume it is a good time to lease a XC60 then. Thanks Car_man for your help, as always.
  • Well, we've been planning to OSD a '14 late next summer, but I'm tempted by the 'deal' offered by Volvo for leasing a '12. Our '10 has 55K miles and we haven't driven a vehicle out of warranty in the last 5 or 6. I wonder about dropping by the dealer, selling our '10 and working a lease on a '12 with MSRP of ~$51K. The stock of well-equipped '12s is fairly low and we don't want to give up the T6 or goodies we've enjoyed on the '10. The online inventory for our local dealer doesn't give packages or details, just the MSRP and 'model'. I'm thinking the $51K might indicate an R-design. Just might have to drop by but would love to know some ballpark numbers. Thanks.
  • Well, things just got really complicated. DW had a little dust-up with the rear end of a Subaru in 'rush hour' traffic and we are awaiting the results of the evaluation. This was in our '11 C70. SLIGHT chance it will be totaled :cry: , in which case we will need to replace the 'fun' car before considering the XC60 swap. SLIGHT chance there was no significant damage to the mechanicals of the C70, meaning five grand or so and we're on our way. Then, we could get back to the business of possibly selling our '10 XC60 and leasing a '12. :confuse:

Stay tuned!
  • wawzj619wawzj619 Posts: 31
    Hi Car_man,

Would you tell me the money factor and residual value for XC60 FWD Premier package with 15K miles per year and 36 mons term? The dealer quoted me for 0.00126 and 50%, is that correct? :confuse:

Thanks! :)
  • lsr2k12lsr2k12 Posts: 16
    Carman,

Could you provide the money factor and residual for the following vehicles for 36 months and 15k miles per year?

2012 and 2013 XC-60 3.2 Premier Plus
    2012 and 2013 XC-60 T-6 Premier Plus
    2012 and 2013 XC-60 T-6 R-design Premier Plus

Thanks in advance.
    Hi wawzj619. US Bank's current buy rate lease money factor and residual value for a 36-month lease of a 2012 XC60 3.2 Premier FWD with 15,000 miles per year are .00092 and 50%, respectively for consumers who qualify for its top credit tier.

Car_man
    Host
    Hello lsr2k12. US Bank's current buy rate lease money factor and residual value for a 36-month lease of a 2012 XC60 3.2 Premier Plus AWD with 15,000 miles per year are .00092 and 50%, respectively for consumers who qualify for its top credit tier.

The numbers for an otherwise identical lease of a 2012 XC60 T6 Premier Plus AWD are .00092 and 51%. The R-Design factor is the same, but that trim level knocks 3% off of the residual value.

I'll have to ask around to find out what the 2013 version of this vehicle's lease program is currently like. Please check back with me in a day or two and I'll let you know what I was able to find out.

Car_man
    Host
  • wawzj619wawzj619 Posts: 31
    Thanks Car_man, I ended up purchasing the XC60 last week. Thanks for your help. ;)
  • lbr2013lbr2013 Posts: 5
    Does anyone know the money factor and residual for a Volvo XC60 at 10K Miles 36 months?
    We see a lot for 15K miles, but not 10K. And do the BLIS feature and climate packge affect the residual value?
    Thank you for the help.
  • Am I the only one who didn't know the Summer Sales Event has been extended through the end of August? I figured they might do that and I tracked down a 3.2 Platinum that might work for the next three years.

For our regular readers, our C70 is put back together except for the bumper cover on back order. Hopefully, it will be back home this week and we can concentrate on the possible new XC60. ;)