Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Volvo XC60 Lease Questions

Comments

• I haven't kept up since trading back in August; but I was told by a Volvo salesperson that the leases were either 10k or 15k with no 12k on the 'menu'.
  • Congrats on winning the World Series sfgiant. I'm not a Giants fan, but this year's team was such a likable group that I found myself rooting for them. What they were able to do after losing an MVP candidate mid-year is impressive.

Anyhow, Volvo is not providing lease support on 2012 models any longer. As a result, if you really went to lease you should go with a 2013 model.

If you just want the 2012 XC60 and don't really care whether you lease it or not, you can always finance it at 2.49% for 6 years and take advantage of the $2,000 dealer cash that is currently available on it.

Car_man
    Host
    Prices Paid: Buying & Leasing Experiences Forum
  • $2000 dealer cash is good money. You can get 0.49% for 48 months and 0.99% for 72 months from Pen Fed. Anyone can become a member of that credit union. Deal expires Dec 31.

https://www.penfed.org/PenFed-Car-Buying-Service/?intcid=ad-ZAG-ProductPages-208- x173
  • Hey Carman,

Could you provide the lease factors for November 12k miles 36 months XC60 platinum T6?

Thanks in advance,
  • mgarcmgarc Posts: 1
    Hello, I'm in South Florida and looking to lease a 2013 XC60 T6. Can anyone please provide the depreciation rate and money factor for top tier credit, 36 month 15k mile lease?

Thank you!
  • Hey Car_Man,

Great forums and super helpful info as I am shopping for our first luxury SUV. We were looking at Q5's and your info helped us a bunch, but it turns out we prefer Volvo XC60's.

I could use your help with some numbers, specifically around December, now that Volvo seems to have moved from USBank to Volvo's own financing.

I'm looking at: Volvo XC60 3.2 AWD, Platinum Trim, AWD and Climate Package.

36 MO
    15K m/yr
    MSRP: 45,760 (include $895 destination charge)
    Selling Price: 42,011
    Residual: 48%
    Lease Factor: 0.00025
    NY Sales Tax: $1585
    DMV: $265
    Bank Fee: $795

Monthly - $572.83 (without taxes)
    Total Due at Delivery - $3305

There is a sign and drive event going on that should reduce first payment by $500 or so.

I'm impressed by the lease factor, but the residual value seems low. Perhaps because of the Platinum trim? What can I do better on? Selling Price, Residual Value, remove bank fee? Also, is it preferred to roll in taxes to monthly payment or pay up front?

Thanks!
  • I'm not Car Man and I've never played him on TV; but I'll chime in. With 15K miles/year, I wouldn't expect the residual to improve...in fact, that seems a little high since I got that kind of number on a 10K lease :surprise: That's one reason I'm driving an RDX instead of another XC. I'd be very interested in the 'sign and drive' numbers you'll get, since paying up front on a lease defeats some of the advantage of leasing(especially at the current interest rates).

Also, like any 'down payment', paying the taxes up front is a 'no-no' in my book. May be a requirement where you are, but I would roll taxes into the monthly payment, if possible.

A sign and drive deal should be just that, IMO(perhaps with first payment due immediately, but not over three grand :( ).

The Safe and Secure program from Volvo is worth a fair amount(more in the fourth year), so that's something to consider. A cycling acquaintance recently paid over $1500 for her Audi Q brakes(around 30K miles, IIRC).
  • Thanks for the feedback. Safe and Secure is actually a great selling point, though the salesperson said that on leases I will only get 3/36, so if i do a 15k lease i will be at risk for 9k miles...

I'll ask about pulling all the upfront costs into the lease payments, given that the moneyfactor seems to be pretty good.

Curious what Car_Man's thoughts are still....
  • Hey Car_Man -

Curious what the current rates are - we don't need much by way of mileage, so curious as to residual and MF for a 10K/12K '13 XC60 3.2 with AWD. If you have the data handy for the upgraded trims that'd be great too, but my wife is most interested in less options this time around.

thanks!
  • Hello Carman
    I would like to know the residuals and money factor for 24, 36 months for 10K and 12K per year.
    I'm in the market for one of this SUV with almost all the options.
    Thank you.

Regards. Miguel
  • Hi,

can someone help me with the numbers for 24, 30, 36 and 39 months MF and residuals?
    10K and 12K miles per year.
    thank you.
  • Hi drdrakeramore. Volvo Finance's January buy rate lease money factor and residual value for a 36-month lease of a 2013 XC60 3.2 AWD with 12,000 miles per year are .00025 and 53% for consumers who qualify for its top credit tier.

The residual value for a lease with only 10,000 miles per year would be 1% higher.

the money factors for the Premier and Premier Plus would be the same, but the residual values would be 1% and 2% lower, respectively.

Car_man
    Host
  • Hello Miguel. Volvo Finance's January buy rate lease money factor and residual value for a 24-month lease of a 2013 XC60 T6 with 12,000 miles per year are .00005 an 69% for consumers who qualify for its top credit tier.

The numbers for an otherwise identical 36-month lease are .00040 and 55%.

If you were to lease with only 10,000 miles per year, this car's residual value would be 1% higher.

Car_man
    Host
  • Hey mdrivero. Volvo Finance's January buy rate lease money factor and residual value for a 24-month lease of a 2013 XC60 R-Design with 12,000 miles per year are .00005 and 66% for consumers who qualify for its top credit tier.

The numbers for an otherwise identical 36-month lease are .00040 and 53%.

The numbers for an otherwise identical 39-month lease are .00040 and 51%.

The residual values for leases with 10,000 miles per year would be 1% higher.

Car_man
    Host
  • starsfstarsf Posts: 3
    I was given this quote on a lease for a 2013 xc60 (Premier Plus w/ Climate and BLIS). I'm wondering if and/or where there is room to negotiate on this deal:

10K mi/36 months
    Money Factor: .0041
    Residual Value: 52%
    Cost of Car: $39,898

This is my first experience leasing so I have no idea if this is a good deal. Any advice would be very much appreciated!
    I forgot to mention, the monthly payment was quoted at $570 per month. No drive off fee and volvo pays first payment as part of their sign and drive promotion, so only $500 for dmv fees etc due before I get the car.
    Does anyone know how I can locate that information? I'm trying to figure out if the money factor I am being offered is good or if it's being marked up.
  • I'm not car_man, but looking at his responses earlier this week the numbers you have are in the ballpark, if one assumes that the MF you quote (".0041") is actually .00041, that your monthly includes taxes and that it's spread over 35 payments (not 36).

Residual seems to be right on based on what car_man told me, but I'm not sure how AWD (which I asked for) affects the %.

Anyway, one thing you can do is work on your price (cap cost) - you were quoted ~4% off MSRP. By my rough math, each % point off MSRP will reduce your monthly by about $12, so the more you reduce that, the better. Make sure you're good with 10K miles too.

Oh, you can plug your numbers into www.shrewdlease.com and see what you think. Most of the improvement is in the discount.
  • jbariljbaril Posts: 25
    Climate, Tailgate, Remote Start. White / Beige. $44244 MSRP
    24-mo. lease/10K $0 out of pocket; 23 payments of $480.14 + tax = $515.95
    Metro Denver area.

I was pleased; I spent a month having three dealers fight. Looking forward to trying out the remote start early tomorrow morning.

John
  • Hi starsf. Volvo Finance's February buy rate lease money factor for a 36-month lease of a 2013 XC60 is .00001 on the 3.2 FWD, .00025 on the 3.2 AWD and .00040 for the T6 for consumers who qualify for its top credit tier.

Car_man
    Host