Edmunds dealer partner, Bayway Leasing, is now offering transparent lease deals via these forums. Click here to see the latest vehicles!

2013 and Earlier - Audi Q5 Prices Paid and Buying Experience

1111213141517»

Comments

• q5audiq5audi Member Posts: 3
    Hi Boothie,

I am looking to buy New 2014 Audi Q5.
    I know you have mentioned you got the nice deal with Princeton Audi for $42,700 + $300 documentary fees + tax & registration fees (7% + $371).

May i know the salesperson name please?
  • suirsuir Member Posts: 5
    2014 Q5 2.0T
    Premium Plus
    MMI Navigation Plus
    Wheel lock kit
    Trunk liner
    Color charge

Edmunds Invoice $43,250
    Paid $42,000
  • pmendupmendu Member Posts: 14
    Suir - great deal!! could you pls provide the dealer and the person there so I can check! Thanks!
  • martin2498martin2498 Member Posts: 22
    edited September 2013
    MSRP of $50,195

Q5 Gas, 3.0L V6
    - 895 destination charge
    - 500 paint
    - 3,550 navigation
    - 850 B&O sound system

getting it for $45,595 with discounts - before TTL and any extended warranties

Do you think this is a good deal?
  • vision_txvision_tx Member Posts: 13
    Now that the 2014's are flowing pretty well, I'm wondering what kind of deal might be made on a 2013. Let's assume I could lease a 2014 for 5% off MSRP, what would be a good deal for a 2013 version configured the same way? In my view, the car is a year older and should be discounted heavily but not sure what "heavily" is in the mind of a dealer about now.

Bonus points....would there be any (significant) differences in equipment between a 2013 and 2014 that had the same packages on them? They didn't change much did they?

Super bonus....what' the MF and residual on 2013 Q5 36mo/15mi Prestige (I have the 2014 info). Thanks in advance to those in the know!
  • rick5262rick5262 Member Posts: 3
    I think it's a pretty good deal, where did you get it?
  • martin2498martin2498 Member Posts: 22
    Audi Peabody in Massachusetts.
  • navin1navin1 Member Posts: 6
    Vijaykrishna - great deal!! could you please provide the dealer and the person name there! Thanks! I am from Austin, TX
  • next2000next2000 Member Posts: 16
    edited September 2013
    Got a quote for a Used 2013 Audi Q5 2.0T with Premium Plus, MMI Navigation Plus, Advanced Key, All Weather Floor mats, Premium Paint with 10,000 miles for $39,580 + $300 Doc Fees = $39,830 + TTL

Is this a good deal?

Thanks
    No
    New 2014 with the same eq. could cost you only 2k more
    Are you sure? The MSRP for the equivalent 2014 model is $48k.
    Yes
    MSRP is about $46.5 K for what you listed.
    I just purchased
    Q5 2T with premium, mmi, color, protection mat, wheel locks
    For $42k
    What did you say to the dealer to get a 12% discount of MSRP. Did it include loyalty, supplier discounts, trade-in ?
    It's actually about 10%.
    I believe that negotiating skills is just one of the aspects. Timing is a critical factor and never underestimate luck.
    GOOD LUCK!
  • kairyukairyu Member Posts: 1
    Hi,
    Any comments will be appreciated in advance!

2014 Q5 2.0T
    Premium Plus,
    MMI,
    Bang & Olufsen

MSRP : $48,125 (How?)
    Invoice : $45,200

I forgot to ask why the MSRP is high? It supposed to be around $46,995.
    They said the price can't be lower than the invoice price &
    give me 2.9% for 60 month financing.
    FYI, I have excellent credit over 750.

How much do you think I can get?
  • mlevinemlevine Member Posts: 581
    Have them send you a copy of the vehicle pricing sheet with all the options/breakdown of charges. I would also line up financing at a credit union which should have a better rate than 2.9%.
  • karhill1karhill1 Member Posts: 165
    For financing, it is always good to line up financing before going to the dealer. However, very often dealers can beat that financing. Always good to give the dealer an opportunity to better the financing. Nothing to lose

However, always better to let the dealer believe you will finance with them. If the dealer believes it will make some profit on the back end from the financing they may be more likely to reduce the selling price. Best to wait until the price is set before letting the dealer know about your financing. Do not mention it until you are sitting with the smarmy F&I manager. The F&I manager will do everything possible to get you to finance through the dealership.
  • srikanthgsksrikanthgsk Member Posts: 6
    Hi, I am also looking same as your options
    Q5 2T with premium, mmi, color, protection mat, wheel locks

where do you purchased for 42k ?

Thanks
    Srikanth
  • mlevinemlevine Member Posts: 581
    I usually finance through dealer as they are comparable or better than outside financing. I do believe one must have outside financing available as a backup.
    Audi Springfield, MO listed a new q5 with premium plus, nav, advanced key for $38k. I couldn't believe my eyes. It was all over on their website, cars.com etc.

When contacted they claimed it was an error and could not sell it for that price. Next day the price corrected. 2 weeks later its back at that price. I think they do this to attract Internet customers.

In my opinion, its deceptive advertising and Audi USA should investigate this - are you listening Audi ?
  • hesskr4hesskr4 Member Posts: 1
    Q5 Premium Plus with all the discounts they will give me a purchase price of $39K and even agreed to 59% residual value on a 36 month lease, BUT they want to charge me a .00205 buy rate....seems ridiculous to me! I noticed the buy rate posted in the forums a few months ago was .00139, is that correct? I am definitely top tier credit so why is the buy rate so high? I walked out on what otherwise was a good deal because I thought they were ripping me off.
    Has anyone used the Audi Club of America (ACA) discount. Can I just buy the 1 year membership and then give the dealer my ACA# to get the 6% discount or is there a waiting period before you can do that.

Thanks
  • mw12mw12 Member Posts: 5
    What should I pay for a 2013 2.0T Premium plus with Navigation package and Audi Advanced Key? The dealer's price is 45.5K. How much discount on this 2013 should I ask for? Thanks.
  • roadrageeroadragee Member Posts: 138
    @next2000

there is 6 month 'waiting' period.
  • kurtisblo1kurtisblo1 Member Posts: 2
    Hi. I am looking to buy a specific Certified Pre Owned Q5 and wanted to get your thoughts on price and the offer made. The details of the care are;

- Premium Plus package
    - Monsoon Gray
    - Navigation Plus Package
    - S-line package
    - Bang & O Audio
    - Sport Interior package
    - the car has 7,500 miles on it

The original sticker price was $52,670. Dealer has offered it to me for $49,852 + TTL

What do you think about that price? Any input would be appreciated. Any tips to help me negotiate would also be appreciated.
  • kyfdxkyfdx Moderator Posts: 236,760
    6% off MSRP on a car with 7500 miles on it?

I'd pass... I'd rather pay $1000 more for a brand new one..

Edmunds Price Checker
    Edmunds Lease Calculator
    Did you get a good deal? Be sure to come back and share!

Edmunds Moderator

• karchkarch Member Posts: 45
    I have to agree, but I recently found out I get 6% off for a supplier discount.
  • mihaidanilamihaidanila Member Posts: 8
    I got 6% on a new 2.0 Q5 PP + Nav. And a friend got the same discount on a new 2.0 Q5 Premium. There you have it. I think 6% off is invoice price. So for this price, get it new. ;)
  • kurtisblo1kurtisblo1 Member Posts: 2
    Thanks for the feedback guys. VERY much appreciate it. A few follow up questions.

- What do you think is a good price on the above-mentioned CPO 2013 Q5? What should I offer them? is there any way to know what they cost is in a used car?

- What do you think a good price is on a new 2014 Premium plus with Nav, S-line, Bang and O, Sport interior? I am eligible for the Audi loyalty program ($1,000)