Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

2013 and Earlier - Audi Q5 Prices Paid and Buying Experience

Comments

• foodyfoody Posts: 11
    Just bought a '12 Q5 2.0T Premium Plus. Options include:

MMI Navigation, Exhaust Tips, Cargo bench mat, and wheel locks.

MSRP: $44,600
    Price Paid: $43,300 + TTL

I'm sure that if I waited until the '13 models started arriving, I would have gotten a better deal. I liked the car so much that I decided to take the plunge! This was one car I was willing to accept a "so so" deal. The 2.0Ts are very scarce here in Southern California. Happy hunting!
  • phiaphia Posts: 1
    Just received the following quote for leasing a 2012 2.0T Q5 Premium Plus black on black, with Nav, Audi Advance Key, Exhaust Tips , All Weather Mats/Trunk Liner, Splash Guards, Bang and Olufsen Sound System.

Price is $44,447.00. With $5,000 down including 1st payment, a 36 month lease with 10,000 miles per year of $637.13. The money factor is 0.00194 and Lease End Value is $23,881.00.

Does this sound too high? I saw some lease money factor quotes on the forum that were much lower. And the price is much higher than $38,000 that someone else posted on this forum.

The dealer does not want to budge though. Any feedback would be much appreciated.
  • sleepybubbasleepybubba Posts: 54
    I've got an offer from a local stealer for the following 2 models (color is not my first choice, but I could live with). Looks like they've taken an MSRP, deducted the rebate (according to Edmunds up to $1500) and pitched it as a huges last year inventory reduction.

2012 AUDI Q5 2.0 4-DR AUTO QUATTRO
    Exterior: Monsoon Gray Metallic
    Interior: Black
    Options:
    Exhaust Tips, All-Weather Floor Mats & Trunk Liner, Ipod Cable For Audi Music Interface, Navigation Package, Premium Plus Package
    MSRP $44,700, SALE PRICE $43,048

2012 AUDI Q5 2.0 4-DR AUTO QUATTRO
    Exterior: Ice Silver Metallic
    Interior: Black
    Options: Exhaust Tips, All-Weather Floor Mats & Trunk Liner, Ipod Cable For Audi Music Interface, Navigation Package, Wheel Locks, Premium Plus Package
    MSRP $44,780; SALE PRICE $43,122
  • I have pricing for the 2012 Q5 Prestige line- MSRP=$53,700 (it has the luxury leather package). they are offering it to me for $53,000, trading in my 2007 Audi A4- silver, black interor, cold weather package, premium plus w/o navi for $14000. I will also get the additional $1500 for loyalty.

Do I have more room to negotiate?
  • jlin1028jlin1028 Posts: 2
    Hi guys,

The dealer gave me an offer for Audi Q5 3.2 Quattro MSRP $47,175 for $44,900
    Options Includes: Navigation Pk
    All weather floor mat & trunk liner
    ipod cable
    S-Line Pkg (its all 3.2 has S-Line Pkg?)

My 2007 lexus with 64525Mildes trade in of $14,000

Reg fee: $396
    Doc fee: $349

How's sound for the deal?? Thanks for reply
  • carnewbie2carnewbie2 Posts: 3
    edited June 2012
    Here is a deal that 1 dealership has offered and another has matched for a moonlight blue/cinnamon 2012 Q5 2.0 Premium Plus with Navigation and floor/trunk all-weather mats for 36 month lease 10k miles/yr:
    1st month $597.89
    Tax $1987.55
    Inspection $10
    Tire Tax $12.50
    Doc Fee $75
    Bank Fee $695
    Total due at signing $3,377.94
    Residual 52%
    Buy Back $23,160.80
    Money Factor .00134
    MSRP 44,550
    Sell price 42,317.13

Does this sound like a good deal or should I wait for 2013s to be delivered? This deal includes the $750 loyalty rewards. I am on Long Island, NY. Thanks for your help!!
  • sirjo36sirjo36 Posts: 3
    Hi Carnewbie2,

What dealership did you go to in LI ? I saw much higher quotes from Brooklyn and NJ audi. I think your numbers look good. I was quoted w/o any negotiating 36mth / 10k $630 w/ 3300 upfront. I told them both they were way off.
  • I went to Atlantic and Huntington. Atlantic quoted the deal and I had Huntington match it since they have a better reputation and my husband got his A4 from them. 2 salesmen with the names starting with the letter J, 1 being the manager at Huntington Audi are great to deal with, very patient and they know not just Audi's but Mercedes and BMW. Beiner also got within a few bucks of their offer but I wasn't thrilled with their attitude. Research dealers on wwwdealerrater.com I am still wondering if I might pay up a little for the 2013 X5 as they are offering great deals. I wonder if German car manufacturers are having a hard time moving cars with what is happening in their economy and the Euro.
  • aramanaraman Posts: 3
    Hello,

I am trying to negotiate 2012 Audi Q5 3.2L Premium Plus SUV with the following pkg:
    5PK ALL-WEATHER FLOOR MATS & TRUNK LINER
    PNK NAVIGATION PACKAGE

to $43,000 + tax + title. Is that a reasonable price to go far.

Thanks
  • mbusa123mbusa123 Posts: 1
    You're trying to get the car for $1,000 BELOW invoice which I really don't think will happen when people are struggling to get the car for anything close to invoice. That said, $100-200 ABOVE invoice is possible if you try hard enough. However, if you are eligble for the $1,500 Audi loyalty bonus, then you might have a shot.
  • Got the price down to $43,000 +tax+title on a new 2013 Audi Q5. Is this reasonable?
  • dcamesdcames Posts: 4
    Hi Chanjim3,

Can you please post the specs? And also the state and dealership. I am also shopping for a 2013 Q5. Thanks.
  • nj875nj875 Posts: 2
    Hello all,

Just purchased a 2013 (Moonlight Blue metallic) with premium plus and navigation for an out the door price of 45,480.
  • dcamesdcames Posts: 4
    Hi nj875,

Can you please post the complete specs? And also the state and dealership. I am also shopping for a 2013 Q5. Thanks.
  • u2fan1967u2fan1967 Posts: 19
    edited October 2012
    Hooray! Just picked up our 2013 Q5 2.0T from our local dealer and its sure is gorgeous (it was the one one display on the showroom floor :-) ). The interior is just beautiful to look at and be surrounded by. Wow, those new headlights are already turning heads on the road..LOL

The vehicle is so much better than my 2008 LandRover LR2 I traded in (of course they are different vehicles, but still). The Range Rover Evoque is wayyy too overpriced, X3 and MB GLK350 was another $6k comparably equipped. The 2.0T is plenty of power for normal driving, its 2s faster than my LR2 (I6) and has more torque. so its quick off the line and smooth with the 8 speed transmission. We love the integrated WiFi Hotspot and Google/online with the T-mobile (6 months free) online data service.. Wow!! I feel like the 2013 changes really "make" this vehicle now what it should be. Great job Audi.

This is my wife and I's 4th Audi. We love the brand.

Deal Details
    $35900 2013 Audi Q5 2.0T quattro tiptronic Ibis White, Black Leather
    $4300 Q5 Premium plus (sunroof, xenon, heated seats, power tail gate, etc.)
    $3550 Audi MMI Navigation Plus package
    $850 Bang & Olufsen Sound
    $800 19" 5-Double Spoke Design Wheels
    $550 Audi Advanced key
    $895 Destination charge
    = $46845 MSRP
    - $2757 Supplier Discount - my company makes the LEDs :-)
    - $1000 Audi Loyalty
    ---------------------
    = $43088 before tax, title, etc. An excellent deal.

Got rubber all weather floor mats thrown in.
    Even got 2.75 for 72 months from dealer for loan.
    Now for some fun driving. Can't wait to open up that large panel sunroof!
  • scott_njscott_nj Posts: 5
    edited October 2012
    Hi,

I just signed for 2013 Q5 2.0T with the following:

1. Metallic Paint
    2. Roof
    3. Heated Seats
    4. Lighting package
    5. Convenience Package

Cost is $38,000; before DMV/Taxes, etc.

Did I get hosted?
  • nj875nj875 Posts: 2
    Hello all.

Just brought home my 2013 Q5 and we love it.
    Moonlight metallic blue
    2.0 TFSI Premier Plus
    Naviagation Plus Package

MSRP= 45,170
    Price= 41,867 (which included a delivery fee since the car had to be sent from a different dealership) + taxes and fees

We couldn't be happier
  • rknjrknj Posts: 3
    Hi,

Congratulations. I am also in the market to get a Q5. Can you please share the dealership info.

Thanks
    Hi,

Can you please share the dealer info. I am in NJ.

Thanks
  • rknj:

Hi,

I thought I posted the info. Anyways, it is Paul Miller Audi in Parsippany. The guy I worked with is Paul Cheng - good guy - patient and straight forward. The prices are pretty good too - I compared.

Not sure if putting phone number up will get the post erased, so I advise you to google the dealer, and ask for Paul Cheng.

Please let him know that Scott from Randolph recommended him.

Hope that helps.

-Scott
  • Hi rknj,

I actually posted the info, but included last name of salesperson, which is not allowed by Edmunds.

Anyways, the dealership is Paul Miller Audi, and is in Parsippany, NJ.

The guy I worked with is Paul (not the owner) - he's a good guy: patient and straight forward.

If you do speak with him, please let him know that Scott from Randolph recommended him.

Thanks.

-Scott
    Thank you very much for the info.
  • j2222j2222 Posts: 1
    Hi,

I'm negotiating for the same vehicle right now. They are stone walling me at 38,200 + tax/title.

Specs:
    Q5 Premium 2.0
    Phantom black exterior
    Black interior
    Convenience Package
    Lighting Package
    Panorama Sunroof
    Heated front seats
  • rrq5rrq5 Posts: 1
    2013 Audi Q5

Premium Plus 2.0T
    Audi Advanced Key
    MMI Navigation
    B&O Sound System
    19" wheels

MSRP $47,320. Done at $45,800 + tax + DMV fees.

No trade ins, no loyalty rebates, purchased. no lease.
  • Just leased and drove home the above vehicle tonight after going through the Costco Auto program in South Florida. Dealt with Tyler at Prestige Auto. Great guy.

Costco program requires them to show you the invoice price for the car, and charge $400 above invoice. Invoice was $36,763, so total cost was $37,163.

Dealer added acquisition cost of $695, dealer fees of $697.50, doc fees of $60 and various other taxes and fees.

Originally offered money factor of 0.00189 but thanks to this forum (thanks guys!), I knew the MF was .00159. He said that is only for prior owners of VW and Audis or with payment of security deposit. I agreed to security deposit of $550.

This resulted in payment of $499 and change plus inception charges of $2,890 (incl. sec dep).

Dealership was closed, salesman, detail guy, finance man and manager were all waiting to go home. I wanted to keep out-of-pocket at $2K (incl sec dep). He agreed and pointed out to me he was selling me the car at $300 below invoice to make those numbers work. Personally, I think that dealer fee makes up for that loss.

When finance guy did the paperwork, no sec dep was included but inception charges were still at $2k. After some back-and-forth via phone with manager and at my suggestion, finance man took out the sec dep so my inception charges were $1450 and payments were at $499.

Buttons feel a little plasticky but car feels great to drive. Very solid. And great visibility. Thanks for all the info on the forums. :)
  • tp2009tp2009 Posts: 7
    Is $38.5K + (NY) taxes + fees a good price for following vehicle?

Q5 Premium 2.0
    Convenience Package
    Lighting Package
    Panorama Sunroof
    Heated front seats
  • tp2009tp2009 Posts: 7
    Hi,

Wondering if you closed this deal? I'm in the market for a similar config and the dealers first quote was close to $39.5K + taxes and fees....
  • ken117ken117 Posts: 194
    FWIW:

According to Edmunds, the TMV of this vehicle is $37,490. TMV is an average price which, by definition, means half of the vehicles purchased are purchased at a higher price and half are purchased at a lower price.

Dealer fees (additional profit) of $697.50 added to the Costco price of $37,163, results in an acutal price of $37,860.

Just one example of why people should avoid car buying services like Costco.
  • Paid for same exact config for $38K even, with $299 dealer fee (got punked on that one).

This deal is in North NJ.
  • In my experience, both the TMV and TrueCar overpriced their estimates - I am not sure where the heck they get the data from - the dealers, maybe?

I purchased two cars in the last 3 years and both times, the dealer appears to be somewhat surprised at the price I was willing to do the deal.