Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

2013 and Earlier - Audi Q5 Prices Paid and Buying Experience

Comments

• kantuckidkantuckid Posts: 4
    edited November 2012
    I need dealer names when you post a deal & also say if it was on lot or ordered & don't include taxes but do state dealer doc. fees. I want 2013 Q5 in Ibis White,2.0 Quattro,Chestnut lthr.,htd. frt. seats,rear bags & am in E.KY will do fly & drive within ~1,000k of me
    -help on discounting dealers???
    It's amazing that so many people have posted here with zero mention of a dealers name /location!!!
  • TrueCar is not out to secure the best deal for buyers. TrueCar makes money from dealers. It does not take much analysis to realize TrueCare is mostly concerned with its relationship with dealers. Funny thing is most of the large buying services are tied to TrueCar. Dah!

The best way to price a vehicle is to start at invoice, reduce by dealer incentives (holdback, etc.), reduce by customer incentives, and add a reasonable amount for dealer cost and profit. Smart buyers start from that point.

It amazes me how many people seem to blindly accept dealer (documentation) fees of several hundres dollars as if those fees are an actual cost. Regardless of what a dealer claims, such fees are not a cost. They are simply an increase to the selling price. In reality, anything over $50 or so is outrageous.

Customers should not be concerned about any dealer cost. The only thing important is the price, which covers all dealer cost and profit.
  • Which car is better? 2012--3.2L V6 versus 2013--2.0T V4

I'm interested in buying (or leasing) a Q5 but I cannot choose between a 2012 V6 3.2L engine or a 2013 2.0T engine. A nearly fully loaded 2012 Q5 is being offered to me at $45K + tax. Does that still seem too high? Why would I buy that versus a cheaper and yet with some of the same add ons 2013 2.0L Q5? (Around 43K). Any insights would be helpful.
  • Just signed for a 2013 Q5 2T:

Moonlight Blue
    Premium Plus
    MMI Nav
    19" Wheels
    Audi Advance Key

MSRP=$46,470
    Paid=$42,290 + Taxes/DMV Fees

Couldn't believe I was able to get them down this low.
    Great price??
  • lma9lma9 Posts: 2
    Hi rfmetz25:

Sounds like an awesome price. Which dealer is this? I can barely get 6% off MSRP using the supplier program and that's it.
  • I know this is common with BMW dealers (ordering a car direct from the factory) and they don't make attempts to sell you something on their lot. But with Audi, I am seeing very little inventory (at least here in the SF Bay Area) and am wondering if I should try putting together a custom order instead. While admittedly I haven't talked with more than one dealer, I get a feeling that Audi dealers want to have you pick something from their lot. What downsides could I expect with this type of order?

On a related question, I see places far off from the Bay Area- such as Bakersfield Audi- have a lot of inventory. Is it reasonable to drive there to do the deal or have a local dealer get the car from them and deliver it locally?
  • please share dealer info, I'm very close to purchasing a q5 and the numbers you have in your post are outstanding. Thanks!
  • Never saw a response to my questions, but just bought a 2013 Q5 at Bakersfield Audi for $200 over invoice. Absolutely worth the drive from the Bay Area as the dealers here allow you no price flexibility due to the high demand.
  • Hi Jay: I live in Marin (SR) and am thinking of buying the Q5..I am 'retired', 'female' and already dread the trip to the local dealer...any info re your experience would be so appreciated..just wonder how to get in contact with you as E. doesn't want email addressess posted..???
  • Thanks much, I will..still 'configuring'....Ellen
  • sorry not a leasing question, but hoping someone can clarify.. AFS has a special 1.9% for 48month for it's top tier credit. 2 question?
    1) what does AFS consider top tier, min FICA of 690? Anything other variables?
    2) at 1.9% @ 48months, is this this real APR? The reason I ask is because I ask my personal bank and they're offering 3.99% with APR of 4.19%. Thus, the clarification needed on the AFS rate of 1.9%, and if the local Audi dealer will mark up from there?
    TIA.. cautious buyer
  • buzzy8buzzy8 Posts: 31
    This is a second 3rd vehicle (2nd SUV) so I didn't want to spend the big bucks but LOVE this Audi...we have 3 kids so was looking for something they could sit in the back which is what made us look at the Q5 instead of the A4. Looking at the Q5 Hybrid Prestige with pricing of $54,000. I am getting the sense that Audi does not deal much. I got a Sequoia $14,000 off of invoice but wishful thinking on the Audi. My question is, should I wait for a non Hybrid to save money and what can I expect to see on money off of the Price? Thanks!
  • hit22hit22 Posts: 5
    Went to Audi dealer and got this deal from the grand wizard:
    Metallic Paint
    Audi Advanced Key

10k Miles
    36 months
    56 residual
    .0014 money factor
    $3,000 down
    $42,120

$475 per month
  • I was looking at the Q5 Premium with Convenience Pkg, Lighting Package, Heated Seats. MSRP of $40,795. I wanted to go no higher than $38,500 and by reading this forum, I thought it was possible.

Best price I was offered was $39,201. Not close enough to make a deal, so it looks like I will go with the Acura RDX. The RDX is the AWD w/ Tech package. MSRP $40,315 and final negotiated price of $37,360. Too many extra options and about $2,000 cheaper.

If anyone knows of a dealer that can come down to the $38,500 on the Audi in NJ in the next 24 hours, let me know. I want my new vehicle before the weekend. Thanks.
  • I live in Northern NJ and got this offer from a dealer and while it seems good I always feel I could do better. Please let me know. I might buy vs lease so interested in what current rates for financing might be too.

2013 Q5 Audi Black/Beige Premium Plus w/Nav and Xenon
    MSRP: $44600
    Discount 6% = $41924 = $340 above Invoice.
    Residual Value: $53% = $23638
    Money Factor: .00151
    Lease Term: 36
    Acquisition Fee: $695
    Doc Fees: $299
    Plates: $380
    Tire Tax: $8
    Miles: 15K
    Monthly Pymnt $662.51
  • cnumb1cnumb1 Posts: 1
    Negotiating certified pre owned Q5 Premium in Jersey City
    Year 2011
    Miles 25800
    Color Blue
    Panorama View, Heated Seats, All weather mats, iPod ready

Dealer asking price $33300

What could be the good price? Its in par with KBB but two thousand more than Edmunds.
  • cscamp20cscamp20 Posts: 9
    edited March 2013
    Just to let u know I got my 2012 q5 for 37000. With heated seats and pano sunroof. So I don't think that's a good deal I had to wait for it for 2 and a half months. Jack Daniels in Paramus. Ask for Tal. Tell him Chris sent you :P

btw, mine is an ibis white. 2.0t, premium with heated seats. No other options installed
  • Obviously you can argue with a dealer about whether to pay the holdback, doc fees, destination fees, etc. It does come down to price. However, Audi Q5s are pretty hard to get and therefore, talking about getting a Q5 (or any other desirable Audi, for instance my A5 convertible) below, at or near invoice is a joke. That is why talking to people about what you paid to see if you are in the ballpark is valuable. Best deal I've seen is the current Audi club discount of 6% off MSRP - plus a $1k loyalty discount if you are a current Audi owner. If you can do better than that, great.
  • allianallian Posts: 7
    Hi

Just closed a deal Q5 Premium plus , Houston Texas
    Advanced Key
    19 wheels
    phantom black pearl effect
    MSRP 42 920 USD
    Price paid : 40 250 USD + TTL TAX
    Managed to include a all weather mats for free
    Dealer Fee : 490 USD : Total rip off
    Doc Fee : 120 USD
    Audi Care Package : 820 USD no Tax will include
    Hope this helps , not easy to get it lower in Houston
  • I just got this quote after lots of work so I would like to know how we'll I did, if I did.
    Audi Q5 3.0T
    Msrp: 46,070 down to 43670.
    After taxes and fees total is 47,345$
    2,500$ Down 36 months 15k miles payment is 688$
    Same everything but 39 month 681$
    Same everything but 42 month 662$
    Meeting with one more dealer tomorrow and bringing these specs to see if they will beat. Any input would be greatly appreciated.