Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Audi Q5 Lease Questions

Comments

• dam9017dam9017 Posts: 5
    Just need to correct the model it is a Q5 Premium Plus ( not Prestige) for 39 months 12K per year dealer is telling me MF 00168 and Residual 47%
  • limomlimom Posts: 6
    Help...do not understand much of this...getting divorced so I am new to shopping a lease by myself. Currently in an A4 Convertible with lease running out at end of the month which they will extend if I order a 2012; had a 36-month lease without Convenience Pkg. at $640/month. Getting ready to order 2012 Q5. Dealer stating list price of 2011 Q5 2.0 with Premium Plus pkg. as $40,275. Taking the $750 Loyalty rebate. Rolling all fees/taxes into lease brings monthly to $713. Paying bank fee upfront makes it $694/mo. MF .00183 with residual 46%. Dealer says that she is ballparking this for 2012 pricing so that I shouldn't really see an increase and that residuals could be lower when 2012 numbers come in. Not sure I like these numbers. Can anyone a bit more knowledgeable give me their thoughts? Thanks...much appreciated!
  • CarMan@EdmundsCarMan@Edmunds Posts: 38,515
    Here you go beba1.

Audi Financial Services' June buy rate lease money factor and residual value for a 36 month lease of a 2011 Q5 Premium with 15,000 miles per year are .00148 and 50%, respectively for consumers who qualify for its top credit tier.

Car_man
    Host
    Prices Paid: Buying & Leasing Experiences Forum
    Hi dam9017. It sounds like the dealer may be marking your truck's money factor up. Either that or you are having your vehicle's security deposit waived in exchange for a slight money factor increase. I would insist that the dealer use the buy rate to calculate my payment if I was in your situation.

Car_man
    Host
  • gudzygudzy Posts: 1
    Hi -

I'm thinking of leasing a 2012 Q5 2.0T Premium Plus for 36 months @ 12K miles/yr. Dealer quoted me an MSRP of $41,700 and a price of $40,700 for purchase. Only options are Premium Plus package and exhaust tips. Do you think I can knock off some $$$ from the purchase price? Kelley Blue Book estimated a sales price of $39,500. ALSO, can you give me the Money Factor, Depreciation Rate and any other info that would be important as I prepare to negotiate the lease terms? Thanks in advance for any help you can provide.
    Hi gudzy. I wouldn't be surprised in the least if you were able to negotiate more than a $1,000 discount on this truck.

Audi Financial Services' July buy rate lease money factor and residual value for a 36 month lease of a 2012 Q5 2.0T Premium Plus with 12,000 miles per year are .00159 and 55%, respectively for consumers who qualify for its top credit tier.

Car_man
    Host
    Car Man,
    In most of your responses you use a 36-month lease, but my Audi dealer is telling me that they are only offering 39-month leases now. I am in the Tri-state area. I would prefer a 36-month lease as that is what I have always had and currently have on my A4. Is there anyway around this?
  • Car man:
    What are going rates for 2012 Q5's premium plus? Paying at or below MSRP, residual value, money rates? They don't have any 2011 Q5 coming in before then. Hitting west coast around the middle of next month. Trying to negotiate for one of them right now. I have top tier credit. Should I look for a broker to work for me? Thanks in advance.
    Hi limom. While Audi is offering 39-month leases right now, this is not the only term that it is offering leases for. One can lease for 36 or 39 months. Just insist that's what you want and the dealer should be able to do it for you.

Car_man
    Host
    Hi bluedukes56. Audi Financial Services' July buy rate lease money factor and residual value for a 36 month lease of a 2012 Q5 2.0T Premium Plus with 15,000 miles per year are .00159 and 53%, respectively for consumers who qualify for its top credit tier.

I personally don't think that you will be able to get an better deal through a broker than you would be able to get on your own.

Car_man
    Host
    Thanks for the response. I did meet with the dealer over the weekend, and after I questioned it again, they did offer me the 36-month lease. Monthly was about $16 more per month for the 36-month lease. I am going to stick with the 39 which will bring me later into the year for negotiating a new lease next time. With the Q5 so popular there isn't much wiggle room; although, the prices are greatly improved over what was being offered to me last month. Just wish I could see what Monsoon Grey looks like and wish they would stop making so many cars with black interiors which limits the availability for me. With a panoramic sunroof, I am not interested in a black interior.
  • disladisla Posts: 55
    Hi,

I have been quoted the following deal:
    2012 2.0T, Premuim Plus w/Navigation package, Advanced Key, tips and all-weather mats
    MSRP 44,750
    Neg. Price $43,300
    MF 0.00179
    Doc Fee: $239
    ACQ FEE $695.00
    NJ tax 7%
    Loyalty rebate -$750
    Out of pocket Payment $3000 (in reality will get reduced to $2414, since Audi picks up the 1st payment)
    42mo lease, 12K miles
    Residual 52%
    $585.97/mo
    The problem is that whenever I calculate this lease myself, using online lease guide calculator, I come up with a lower payment of $561.39
    What am I counting incorrectly and...is it a good deal in your opinion?
    An advice is appreciated!
  • Hey CarMan,

Apologies if you've already quoted this... I scrolled back through the thread but could not find my answer. Can you tell me the mf and resid for a 2012 Q5 Premium at 39 months and 15k miles? The dealer gave me .00184 and 52%, respectively. Now that it's August 1st I don't know if I'm still at July rates, or whether they'll get better or worse.

Thanks!!
    Adam
  • espressomacespressomac Posts: 2
    edited August 2011
    I have a very similar request: 2012 Q5 Prestige at 39 months and 15K miles. Dealer quoted a money factor of .00242 (saw it on the computer screen) but I haven't seen any 2012 Audi Financial Services numbers for the Q5. Decided to wait for August to see if 2012 Q5 numbers were there.

Thanks!
  • norcal7norcal7 Posts: 1
    I did your calc on this web site and it almost equaled what the dealer quoted you:
    http://www.leaseguide.com/calc.htm
  • Dear Car Man,

what the current going Money Factor and Residual Value on a 2012 2.0T Premium Plus (with and without a Navigation system if it makes any difference) with either 10K or 12K miles/yr?

Also, what are the chances that I can still walk out the door with waived first month + security deposit on lease if I don't accept the "off the shelf" lease terms? I'm assuming that's just part of the negotiation and it's all on the table.

Thx.
    Hi Adam. Audi Financial Services' August buy rate lease money factor and residual value for a 39 month lease of a 2012 Q5 2.0T Premium with 15,000 miles per year are .00179 and 52%, respectively for consumers who qualify for its top credit tier.

Car_man
    Host
    Here you go espressomac. AFS' Aug. 39-month, 15k buy rate lease money factor and residual value for the 2012 Q5 Prestige are .00177 and 48%, respectively for consumers who qualify for its top credit tier.

Car_man
    Host
    Hi westside4. Audi Financial Services' August buy rate lease money factor and residual value for a 2012 Q5 2.0T Premium Plus with 12,000 miles per year are .00159 and 55%, respectively for consumers who qualify for its top credit tier.

The residual value for a lease with only 10,000 miles per year is 1% higher.

If you are in an area that has a decent level of competition, I personally don't see any reason why you wouldn't be able to find a dealer that is willing to lease you this truck using these terms.

Car_man
    Host
  • Thanks. That's more or less what I was offered.
  • Dear Car Man,

I was just quoted a money factor of .0017 and a 55% residual (10k per year) on a 2012 Q5 3.2 Premium Plus, with MMI Navigation, and S-Line package. The MSRP was 48370, and they were going to sell for 47300 (which would appear to be around 2k over invoice). They were going to take back my car 3 months early, they claimed they were eating the costs, but it seems with those numbers and the amount i still owe, they were adding that in. Do those numbers look ok to you?

Thanks!
  • jmorsjmors Posts: 6
    HI all-

Has anyone recently shopped around for a Premium Plus with navigation lease? I'm curious to hear the monthly payments and money down that have been quoted?

I'm in the NY/NJ area, so any local quotes would be great. Thanks.
    No problem adam0302.

Car_man
    Host
    Hi blackdevl. If you are in an area that has a decent level of competition, I have little doubt that you would be able to do better than $2,000 over invoice on this truck.

Car_man
    Host
  • disladisla Posts: 55
    edited August 2011
    jmors,
    I was quoted (end of July) 585/mo with $2400 total out of pocket, $750 loyalty and first payment being picked up by Audi on a black 2.0T Q5 Premium Plus with Navigation (MSRP $44750), 42mo lease, 12K miles/year, in NJ.
    The agreed on price was $43300, which is about $1300 over the invoice.
    I do have that offer in writing as I even gave a deposit on it, but could not wait for the car to arrive and bought a VW Touareg instead.
    I hope it helps, good luck!
  • nfanfa Posts: 2
    I received this quote today located in the Pacific Northwest:

2012 Q5 2.0 Premium Plus (Custom Order)
    MSRP $ 46,355
    42 Month Lease
    10,000 Miles/Year

53% Residual
    .002229 Money Factor
    $1,300 over invoice

Stated there is 1% mark-up included in the money factor, Car Man what are your thoughts about the mark-up and the residual?

Please provide current AFS residual and money factor.

Thank You!
  • I was quoted this today:
    $600 pm lease with 4450 down. Car Cost 44,244; Residual 24K; Money factor .00119.
  • jsetoxjsetox Posts: 10
    edited August 2011
    Hi Car Man,

I was quoted the below today for the 2012 Q5 Premium from Audi of Meadowlands, let me know if those numbers sound about right or if I can negotiate some more.

39 MONTH Lease
    10K MILES
    594.22 A MONTH
    2016.72 DUE AT SIGNING
    .00179 MF
    RESID. 55% OR 22,041.25 BUY OUT

Thanks
    Johnny
  • jsetoxjsetox Posts: 10
    Car Man,
    let me know if the below two quotes sound right to you.

Thanks
    Johnny

Premium only

39 months 10k miles monthly 529.03 due 1961.53 .00179 55% or 20,061.50

Premium Plus 39 months 10k monthly 588.67 due 2021.17 .00179 55% or 22,420.25
  • Hi Car Man,

Please let me know if this sounds good to you for Southern California.

2012 Q5 Premium Plus 2.0 w/ Navigation

39 MO
    12K MILES
    54% RESIDUAL
    MF 0.00229

INV 41,580
    MSRP 43,775
    NEG. PRICE - 42,330 (750 over invoice)

$2500 due at lease, $613/mo + tax

Thing is I calculated invoice out to be $40,773, is this correct?

Thanks!
This discussion has been closed.