Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Audi Q5 Lease Questions

Comments

• CarMan@EdmundsCarMan@Edmunds Posts: 38,515
    You're very welcome, jbond3.

Car_man
    Host
    Prices Paid: Buying & Leasing Experiences Forum
  • crestonavecrestonave Posts: 219
    Thanks for the info, carman. Can you please post the money factors and residuals for three year leases? I'll probably do 10k or 12k a year. Much appreciated!
  • Car_man-
    Thanks for the info! Let me toss a couple questions back at you real quick. The sales manager was using a .00055 and I asked him about .00022 and he said if I don't want to put any money down that he "had to" use a .00055??? Also, if I bump up to the Premium Plus does the residual go down to like 57%??
    Greatly appreciate the help!

THollywood
  • All,

What are the April rates and residuals for 36 or 39 months ? Is this months program better than March, and is there any factory to dealer incentives that I need to be aware of ? Im in upstate NY, and not sure what kind of target price I should be looking for. I really appreciate anyone's help, i need to make a decision soon !

Thanks !
  • caleasecalease Posts: 5
    I am also curious about 36 or 39 month info on a Q5 Prestige. I am in southern California. I have noticed that Audi is advertising a lease special in other areas of the country, but not in California--any detail on this? Thanks!!
  • Carman-
    What do you think about this Q5 Premium Plus Lease offer coming out of the St. Louis metro market??

The New Audi Q5 powered by quattro
    $499* lease per month for 39 months
    Now through May 4, 2009

Down payment: $1,999
    Refundable security deposit: $500
    Acquisition fee: $625
    First month's payment: $499
    Amount due at lease inception: $2,828
    Excludes taxes, title and dealer fees

*39-mo. closed-end lease offered to qualified customers by Audi Financial Services through participating dealers. Must take delivery by 5/4/2009. Rate based on $42,325 MSRP of a 2009 Audi Q5 Premium Plus with 6-speed Automatic Transmission w/Tiptronic and Metallic Paint (includes destination charge). Purchase option at lease end for $20,316.

Required dealer contribution could affect final negotiated transaction. Lessee responsible for insurance and may have some financial liability at lease end. Lessee responsible for $0.25/mile over 10,000 miles per year and a disposition fee of $350 due at lease end. See dealer for details.

Thanks!

THollywood
  • crestonavecrestonave Posts: 219
    Offer him ten dollars down :)
  • clamsclams Posts: 11
    I think the last thing you want to do on any lease deal is put money down up front. If the car is totaled or stolen you are out that money. I understand that the dealers are no longer taking orders for 2009 models and any new factory orders are for the 2010 model year. Try to use that as leverage to get him down.
  • jaffmanjaffman Posts: 33
    i have about a year and a half left on a 36 month lease of my audi a4. is audi or any of their dealers receptive to the idea of terminating the lease early, turning in the a4, and getting into a lease of the q5? i dont simply want to roll the remaining payments of my current lease into the new lease. Or, is this entire idea too far fetched to become a reality in this lifetime?

thanks for any replies.
  • clamsclams Posts: 11
    jaffman, if there are no dealers receptive to your idea, there is a website called leasetrader.com. It is dedicated to people who either want to get out of a lease early, or want to assume a short term lease on a vehicle from someone like you.
  • a_q5a_q5 Posts: 3
    MSRP 42800
    Drive off 2500
    36m/12k
    Payment 560 including tax and Audi Care
  • gsvipulgsvipul Posts: 14
    Can you please post which dealership offered you this deal and the sales person you were working with.

Thanks.
    I dont think i can mention any name.
    but the dealer in Torrance, CA
    and I delt with the internet guy, i think theres only 1
    Dont ever go to the one on 605FWY(if u know the area) Exit it Firestone
    that dealer is a bunch of BS Dont waste time.
    also the one in Santa Ana gives attitudes
    I also contect the one in west covina before the california sales tax increase, the guy there told me that after the increase the lease payment will increase by 50% and want me to do the deal for the tax increase. They are a bunch BS also.
    The guy in LA is not good either...
    So i guess your best bet for gettin an Audi in southern califoria would be Pasadena and Torrance
    I didnt lease my car at Pasadena, but they sound it nice
    be firm on ur offer
    make sure its reasonable
    and remember not everyone will take it
    and it takes time
    dont make urself looks desperate
    have to be able to walk away
    good luck
    You're very welcome, crestonave. Audi Financial Services' April buy rate lease money factor and residual value for a 36 month lease of a 2009 Q5 3.2 Premium with quattro and 12,000 miles per year are .00022 and 51%, respectively. This truck's 10,000 mile per year residual value would be 1% higher.

Car_man
    Host
    No problem thollywood. The sales manager was lying tot you. Whether or not a lessee makes a capitalized cost reduction never has anything to do with a vehicle's money factor.

The Premium Plus model's residual values are 2% lower than the Premium model's resids.

Car_man
    Host
    Hi funtodrive1. The A5's lease program varies by trim level. For now I will assume that you are interested in the Premium model. Audi Financial Services' April buy rate lease money factor and residual value for a 36 month lease of a 2009 Q5 with 15,000 miles per year are .00022 and 49%, respectively. The numbers for an otherwise identical 39 month lease are .00042 and 47%. This is exactly the same as the March program was.

I don't believe that Audi is currently providing any cash incentives leases of the Q5, other than $500 loyalty cash.

Car_man
    Host
    Here's the information that you're looking for, calease. Audi Financial Services' current buy rate lease money factor and residual value for a 36 month lease of a 2009 Q5 Prestige with 15,000 miles per year are .00022 and 44%, respectively. The numbers for an otherwise identical 39 month lease are .00042 and 42%. This is a national lease program, so it should be available in California.

Car_man
    Host
    Hi THollywood. This looks like an official advertised lease payment. Did you get this from Audi's website? If so, there is a good chance that you can beat it. Manufacturers' official advertised payments usually leave a little meat on the bone so to speak. Savvy consumers who shop around are usually able to beat these advertised payments.

Shop around for the lowest possible selling price on the Q5 that you want. Once you have arrived at a selling price that you are happy with, have the dealer calculate your truck's monthly payment using its buy rate lease money factor...which is .00022 for a 36 month lease.

Car_man
    Host
  • Sweet deal! Do you mind posting your car's specs (looks like Premium Plus, Navi, maybe premium paint color) as well as lease details (money factor, residual, security, etc.)?

Thanks!
    Premium Plus, Ice Silver with no Nav.
    36m/12k

Capitalized cost 39196.21 + Audi Care 740
    Gross Capitalized cost 39936.21
    Drive Off 2500.01 – Fees 1696.71 = Capitalized cost reduction 803.3
    Adjusted Capitalized Cost 39132.91
    Residual 50% MSRP 42800 = 21400
    Depreciation 17732.91
    Rent Charge 804.08
    Total payment 18536.99
    Monthly 514.92
    Tax 45.06
    Total 559.98

Total monthly payment $20159.28
    Delivery 2500.01
    Turn in fee 350
    Total Payments at end of lease $22449.31

Good Luck
    this is a great car...you will enjoy it
  • Hi I'm looking to lease a Q5 with Premium Plus package in south Florida area. I contacted one dealer and they told me the RV for 12k m/year is 49% and the money factor is 0.00045. Is that right? I've seen recent posts in the forum saying the RV should be 51% and MF at 0.00022. I'm a little confused, any help will be greatly appreciated. Also if anyone can recommend a dealer (no need to mention name if that's against the forum policy) it will be greatly appreciated as well. Thanks,

Jack
  • Does your payment amoutn inlcude taxes? I was at an Audi dealership today and I'm looking at a premium plus with nav for around $650 per month. I'm in Washington state and our taxes are a bit higher, but your payment seemed pretty attractive.
    Hi Jack. The numbers that you mentioned are a little different than what I have seen. Audi's current buy rate lease money factor and residual value for a 36 month lease of a 2009 Q5 Premium Plus with 12,000 miles per year are .00022 and 49%. Perhaps the dealer is attempting to mark your truck's money factor up slightly to add additional, hidden back-end profit to your deal. Another possible explanation for part of the difference is that AFS will waive its security deposit requirement in exchange for a .00015 money factor increase.

Car_man
    Host
  • jayriderjayrider Posts: 3,444
    If tire rotations are not covered, get the dealer to include 3 complimentary ones to seal the deal. Can't imagine they wouldn't agree.
  • jayriderjayrider Posts: 3,444
    Bommarito or Plaza? If you are paying full msrp there may be some room to get the cap down using their money. Some dealers on the net are posting $1000 off on line.
  • art234art234 Posts: 103
    Can someone give me the Prestige numbers--15K 36 mo?

Thanks
  • sananasanana Posts: 13
    Does your payment include any down payment? I am also in Washington state and there is not that much information on the web for Q5 leases here. I am totally new to this lease world and trying to get an idea of a fair lease deals... :confuse:
  • I was at the dealership again and was able to get the payment down to $680 with audi care, 15K miles, and 36 months. The down payment is $5K. I can't seem to find anything better. I bet it could be negotiated to $660.
  • sananasanana Posts: 13
    Thanks for the info. I am not quite sure but doesn't 5K down with 680 monthly seem a bit high compared to the other prices that are posted here?
  • alvallejoalvallejo Posts: 10
    Hi Car Man. How about this offer? I'm definitely sure he can come down but Iet me know if Getting the Prestige for $580 or Prestige SLine for $650 is realistic. I do have a voucher to get Audi Care for free so let me know if I should keep that in my back pocket in negotiating, or present it up front. I'm also a Costco member so I could get the Costco discount on it too..

I got the AudiCare Voucher by attending the Audi Driving Experience for the Q5 which was a 3 hour event where I beat up the Q5 in a closed driving course. Loved the way the car took the beating I gave it!

Q5 Prestige w/SLine package
    MSRP: $51,650
    Selling Price: $48,540
    15K/36 mo. Lease
    $768/mo w/$3,947 at signing.
    42% Residual - .00022 Money Factor

Q5 Prestige w/20" Wheels
    MSRP: $50,300
    Selling Price: $47,280
    15K/36 mo. Lease
    $699/mo w/$3,947 at signing.
    44% Residual - .00022 Money Factor