Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Audi Q5 Lease Questions

Comments

• You're very welcome spinfunky. I'm glad that you like it here.

Car_man
    Host
    Prices Paid: Buying & Leasing Experiences Forum
  • Hi ravia. Audi Financial Services' November buy rate lease money factor and residual value for a 36-month lease of a 2013 Q5 2.0 Premium Plus with 10,000 miles per year are 0.00159 and 57% for consumers who qualify for its top credit tier.

Car_man
    Host
  • Hello roxanne1010. Please see my previous post for the information that you're looking for.

The leases on the Q5 really aren't that great right now. This lease program is scheduled to run through the end of the year. It's possible, but not likely, that Audi would make an unscheduled enhancement to it.

I'm not aware of any conquest cash for switching from a Mercedes to an Audi.

Car_man
    Host
  • Thanks Car_man,
    I will take your advice into consideration and probably reconsider leasing the Q5. It seems that Lexus has great deals on the RX350 so I am going to look into.
  • You're welcome roxanne1010. The Q5 is a really nice vehicle, but...if you're trying to get a good deal on a luxury SVU this is probably not the place to look.

Car_man
    Host
  • Leased audi q5 in New England area. Premium plus, nav, smart key, audi care, and 19 wheels. 44.3k with .00159 MFS, and 57 Residual. Extra percent on residual for adding audi care almost pays for the care itself. Payment of 554 per on with 6k down to pay taxes and some cap cost.
  • Hmmm, I would have expected a lower monthly payment for 6k down. That 6K is probably the total amount, including taxes and fees, due at signing
  • Hi Car_man,

I was considering leasing a 2013 Q5 Premium Plus, 10k/36mo. After negotiating the price for the car, the payment didn't line up with calculations using the money factor or residual provided here. To get to their quoted payment, it seemed clear the dealer marked-up the money factor to offset a lower negotiated sales price.

The dealer wouldn't reveal what they were using for these values, which was of course suspicious but not totally unexpected.

Are these published rates that dealers should follow or simply guidelines from Audi Financial Services?

Are dealers required to offer rates/terms set by Audi Financial Services?

Your insight is greatly appreciated - Thanks!
  • Hi Fellows,

I have recently re-located to Miami from overseas. As a result, I currently have no credit scrore whatsoever.

I am interested in leasing a 2013 Audi Q5 Premium Plus (sunroof, navigation etc.) for my use. Audi has a special leasing program, where in they lease vehicles to International Executives, who necessarily do not have the best credit score in the country (due to new relocation / move to USA).

Based on all information from the local dealerships in Miami, I have been quoted approx. $700 per month (based on monthly payments + apportioning the down payment of $1.5K for tag, title etc.).

This is obviously super high, considering what I have read on this forum.

Can someone guide me into the basics of leasing or suggest me a dealership around Miami, so that I can save myself from being screwed royally by the dealerships here.

Thanks in anticipation.

Regards,
  • Hi
    First of all welcome to USA.
    I also moved to USA last year and bought Audi through foreign business professional program. My emi is $623 with $3600 drive away price including all taxes dealership fees etc. it's 2012 premium plus 2.0 With nav. I also negotiated Audi care. I am in NJ
  • Other details. I think you should break up like this to get better understanding and comments from other users on where you could negotiate. Moreover being Thanksgiving and holiday season I am sure you could negotiate a better deal.
    Dealer - Town Motors Englewood, New Jersey. 
    Q5 premium plus package + Nav+Audi Care+Car Mats Invoice price= 42993 
    Lease months = 42 Mileage = 10,000/yr 
    Money factor = 0.00176
     Residual Value = 21596 or 49%
     Monthly payments = $623.11
     Initial Charges = $3871.63(First month+$399 for registration+$695 bank fee+$249 documentation fee+$7.50 tire tax+$1898.02 Sales tax)
  • Hi Car_man,

I'm looking to lease a 2013 Q5 3.0T Premium Plus. Can you tell me what the current lease rate factor and residual value % is? I am interested in a 42 mo. lease with 10k miles a year.

Also, do you think the lease rates will be better if I wait until December? Thanks.
  • ken954ken954 Posts: 13
    I'm looking to lease a 2013 Q5 2.0T Premium Plus w/ Nav (purchasing in Michigan, but titled in Florida). Does anyone have updated residual and money factor info for November / December? I'm also considering a Lexus RX350 and BMW X3, trying to obtain data to work my best deal. I have another lease vehicle to turn in Dec 9th, so can hold off a bit if there's an indication that Audi will offer something better soon.

Thanks!
  • elle13elle13 Posts: 2
    edited December 2012
    Hi All,

Should I buy out, CPO, and warranty my 2009 Q5 3.2 Audi (all in) for $25K?

or

Lease a 2013 Q5 2.0 similarly equipped using the equity from the lease for $460/mo, 42 mo, 12k/year?

Thanks for any and all responses,
    Elle :confuse:
  • AUDI Q5 2.0T- 36 month, 15k Lease

Audi Q5 - MSRP $45,400ish , offered to us at $43,400ish

Residual 54%
    MF .00179
    Monthly payment $525
    $5000 cap reduction
    $3000 due at signing.

This is far more money than we wanted to put down but I was trying to work with the guy and we ended up leaving because I did not like the deal after reviewing the posts on this board.

For December what can I reasonably expect for a Residual and MF for the Q5?

Thank You
  • lgq5lgq5 Posts: 1
    Hi Car_man,

Thanks for your excellent info.

Is it better to Lease NOW in December 2012 or Wait until January 2013? I'm not sure as I am new to leasing.

I'm looking to lease a 2013 Q5 3.0T Premium Plus. Can you tell me what the current lease money factor and residual value % is? I am interested in a 36 mo. lease with 15k miles a year.

Thanks,
  • Forgive my ignorance but are you saying 8k out of pocket in order to get to $525 a month?
  • Carman,
    We are leasing a 2013 Audi Q5 Premium plus this month.
    Can you tell me:
    -the money factor
    -residual at 10K miles 3 years

Our dealership is saying the rates change in December. I wanted to check and see if that was true as well.

Thank you
  • fugazzi24fugazzi24 Posts: 7
    edited December 2012
    Yes it was about 8K out of pocket, that is why I did not take the deal. I was looking at the numbers and he was not being very flexible so I left. This was based on November lease pricing so hopefully December gets better. Otherwise I am leasing the new Acura RDX for much, much less.
  • While that is indeed expensive out of pocket for a lease IMO, it sounds genuine or along the lines of the deal I am getting. I am on order (delivery in January) for 2.0 premium plus moonlight blue metallic / gray interior, with navi, advanced key and 19 inch wheels at $584/mo with $4700 out of pocket (including tax pre-paid, 1st mo, bank fee and rest towards cap reduction). I think the msrp for this setup is $46,470 or something like that but clearly sales price is lower, else math doesn't add up. This is also using November 0.00179 and 52% on a 42mo 12k lease. I am hoping that by the time I take delivery (early jan) numbers dip and I can negotiate.

As car_man mentioned earlier the q5 deals (not to mention audi if you ask me) has some unfavorable lease deals. With Acura or Infinti your money goes ways further, but its all matter of wants vs. needs and paying for those needs. I have a 2010 infinti g37x coupe and with a similar msrp but no where near of q5 mo payments. Obviously different year and different numbers but money goes further.

Good Luck to you.
  • mlevinemlevine Posts: 205
    I believe paying so much money up front is not the way to go. When trying to get to a certain lease payment, one must come up with money up front to lower the cap cost. My opinion is that the Q5 lease deals are not that good, but certinly wait for December. You may want to look at other SUVs where you are spending less money and can still enjoy the ride.
  • Thank you all for the replies. The wife and I haven't decided yet but we are leaning toward leasing the Acura RDX 2013 which is priced lower and has better lease terms.

The Q5 was our favorite however paying an extra $7000 out of pocket for the same monthly payment of $550 did not make sense to us.

We are signing a 3 year lease so when those terms our up I told my wife she can get whatever car she wants, probably a Q7 or Infiniti JX35 as we will have two kids at that point.

Thank you all again for your help and time, if you hear of any changes to lease terms for December please let me know.
  • For what it's worth, we were also looking at leasing the Q5 but was told from the dealer that Audi doesn't really make leasing affordable or attractive. Our dealer wouldn't budge on the sales price so there was no negotiation.

We had also test driven the Acura RDX a number of times but we didn't like the handling when taking clover leaf exits off the freeway.

On a whim we test drove the BMW X3 and found it to be a much nicer ride (on par with Q5). We ended up with the xDrive28i model loaded with Convenience package, Cold Weather Package, Premium package and Technology package for $550/mo 12kmi/year and only paying the TTL fees at drive off. BMW is throwing in $1,000 holiday cash which comes off the price you negotiate with the dealer, so it really helps lower the payments. A way better deal than the Q5 and a nicer ride than the RDX.

I'll admit the navigation and technology of the Q5 is superior to the X3 IMO but I really couldn't see spending $100 more/month for it. The X3 has park assist which shows the sides and the rear - which is what completely sold my wife since she is not so great at parking in tight parking spots.

Good luck - either way you've selected some good vehicles.
  • mlevinemlevine Posts: 205
    I believe you will find the same problems leasing a Q7 as you did with the Q5. I also looked into the Volkswagon tourag and it was a great drive just like the Q5. Problem is terrible lease numbers. Great deal can be done on the infiniti JX, but as I have said in the JX posts great exterior and inferior features with a disappointing drive. Good luck with your leasing venture, I am also working on leases. So far it has been frustrating.
  • Hi npanitsas. If the dealer won't tell you what selling price and money factor they used to calculate the lease payment on the vehicle that you want, find a different dealer. As a consumer, you are entitled to know that information.

I always mention that the rates I talk about here are banks' "buy rates." This means that they are the lowest possible money factors that dealers are allowed to charge on a vehicle. Dealers can, and often do, mark up vehicles' money factors to add additional hidden, back-end profit to deals. Savvy consumers who know what their vehicle's money factor should be and are in areas that have a decent amount of competition are usually able to get dealers to use the buy rate to calculate their vehicles' payments, but dealers are not obligated to do so.

Car_man
    Host
  • Hello scfamily. Audi Financial Services' December buy rate lease money factor and residual value for a 42-month lease of a 2013 Q5 3.0T Premium Plus with 10,000 miles per year are .00181 and 53% for consumers who qualify for its top credit tier.

Car_man
    Host
  • Hi ken954. Audi Financial Services' current buy rate lease money factor and residual value for a 36-month lease of a 2013 Q5 2.0T Premium Plus with 15,000 miles per year are .00159 and 54% for consumers who qualify for its top credit tier.

Car_man
    Host
  • CarMan@EdmundsCarMan@Edmunds Posts: 38,515
    edited December 2012
    You're very welcome lgq5. Thanks for noticing.

It's difficult to predict exactly what manufacturers will do with their future incentives programs, but if I had to make an educated guess I'd say that you would be better off getting a Q5 in December than you would be waiting until January. Go in at the end of the month and strike a deal. Dealers will be anxious to lock in sales before the end of the month and the end of the year. If history repeats itself, the deals will be slightly worse in January. That's what happened last year.

Audi Financial Services' December buy rate lease money factor and residual value for a 36-month lease of a 2013 Q5 3.0T Premium Plus with 15,000 miles per year are .00161 and 54% for consumers who qualify for its top credit tier.

Car_man
    Host
  • Hi Car man,

Can you tell me what the December money factor and residual is for a 2013 Audi Q5 2.0T on a 36 month/12000 lease?

Thanks
  • Wanted to share my deal with you, plus some extra information I was able to get from them: 2013 Audi Q5 2.0 - Premium Plus + MMI Nav Plus + Audi Smart Key + Bang & Olufsen + 19 inch Wheels MSRP: $46845

Brought them down to invoice: $44054.75

Audi Care: $820 (Highly recommend, scheduled service cost is crazy expensive you get the first service for free though)

Acq Fee: $695

Doc Fee: $595 (way to high!)

Money Upfront: $2200

About $385 on License and Registration Fees

36 months/10k miles per year
    Residual: 57%
    Money Factor: 0.00199 (tier B - Sub 680 auto enhanced score)
    Payment $699 and change.
    I'm in Miami, FL

Here's how it went down, first the dealer came back with a MF of 0.00279 and a 39 month lease, I just laughed and told them to be serious, they came back at 0.00234 at 39 months, at which point I told them: "I am your worst nightmare, an educated consumer (thanks to this forum I knew that Tier A MF should be around 0.00159), I am full aware that I am not Tier A credit, that doesn't mean you can steal from me and if you don't stop playing games, I will take these numbers and go to another of the many Audi dealers in Miami" thanked them for their time and started to stand up to leave (all with a big smile, not angry or anything).
    The finance manager told me to hold off and shows me the AFS Bulletin with the Money Factors and shows that for Tier A for 12 to 36 months it is 0.00159 and for 39 to 42 months it is 0.00179. Also it showed that for Tier B the MF is Tier A + .0004, For Tier C is Tier A + .00065 and for Tier D is Tier A + .00075 (this will be until 01/07/13).
    So I question him about his .00234 MF when if I am tier B it should be .000219 ( .00179 + .0004) and has the stones to tell me that there's a .00015 markup because it's the first time I am leasing through VW Leasing. I got very serious, and since he had shown me the buy rates, I told him: "Here's what you need to do, make my deal a 36 month lease at 0.00199 MF (Tier A buy rate + .0004) or I am walking"

I guess he got it and I saved a lot of money, imagine if I had done a 39 month lease with a 0.00279 MF? So if you can, make sure you stay at 36 months, it will save you .00020 on the MF.

Knowledge is power guys, thanks to CarMan and all the people that collaborate to this forum, without it I would have been easy prey for this finance people.
This discussion has been closed.