Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Audi Q5 Lease Questions

Comments

• aham23aham23 Posts: 2
    Just looking started looking at leasing a 2013 Q5 2.0T Premium Plus. I am not seeing to many dealers budging on pricing though.

What are the OCT numbers for both a 36 and 39 month lease wit 15k miles per year. Thank you!
  • Hi Car man

I am about to lease a 2013 q5 2.0 premium plus and the dealer told me for 42 months the money factor is .00189 which is higher than the .00179 I expected. Residual 54.

Has the rate changed? Can the dealer change the rate to make more money, is this possible? The only reason I ask is because I negotiated a good price and am wondering if they can raise the rate without telling me to make something back?

Thanks in advance.
  • Forgot to mention 12,000 miles a year.
  • Also if they did mark it up can I make them change it to .00179 if I already gave a deposit and did initial paperwork? I haven't signed the final papers yet. Can I just tell the finance guy that the rate is wrong and insist he changes it back to the AFS rate?

Thanks
  • Here's the information that you're looking for, aham23. Audi Financial Services' October buy rate lease money factor and residual value for a 36-month lease of a 2013 Q5 2.0T Premium Plus with 15,000 miles per year are .00159 and 56%, respectively for consumers who qualify for its top credit tier.

The numbers for an otherwise identical 39-month lease are .00179 and 54%.

Car_man
    Host
    Prices Paid: Buying & Leasing Experiences Forum
  • Hi erickropp. The money factor for a 42-month lease of this car has not changed. It's still .00179 for consumers who qualify for its top credit tier. Are you having your vehicle's security deposit waived? While Audi often runs specials that waive its vehicles security deposits for free, technically the dealer needs to mark up vehicles' money factors for consumers who do not want to pay a security deposit at lease signing. This is one possible explanation for the difference.

Another is that the dealer is marking your vehicle's money factor up. Dealers are usually allowed to mark banks' buy rates up to add additional, back-end profit to deals. This sort of thing is quite common at luxury brand dealers.

Car_man
    Host
  • audibgaudibg Posts: 1
    Hey Car_man,

I am about to lease a 2013 Q5 3.0T, could you tell me what the Oct buy lease rate is for 10k miles per year and a 36 month lease. Many thanks

V
  • Hey,

I just leased a 2013 q5 premium plus 2.0 with navigation and advanced key for $1200 down and $695 a month including tax. I have it for 36 months and 10k miles per year. Hope this help people.
  • anh3anh3 Posts: 18
    was your $1200 down toward 1st month payment, bank fees, deal doc fee....? or was it for Cap reduction?

I'm negotiating same car, 2013 Q5, 2.0 w/ prem. plus, advance key, and Navi. @ 36 mos, 12k/yr. So far I'm being quoted:

MSRP $46,845 selling $45,054
    $1095 up front for bank fee and dealer doc fee
    $687/mo include tax
    money factor is .00179

I'm being told Audi wants security deposit if I haven't leased an Audi before?!

thanks,
  • albert72albert72 Posts: 141
    Car Man,

Can I get the MF and Residual for the 2013 Q5 Premium? Also, any idea what kind of price is reasonable, I assume invoice is not.

Is finding a Q5 without the sunroof even an option - from the Audi website, it looks like cost is $1500 and we rarely use it.

Thanks,

PS - are readers allowed to comment good or bad on specific dealers they have used or is that not allowed on this site.
  • kyfdxkyfdx Posts: 27,666
    " are readers allowed to comment good or bad on specific dealers they have used or is that not allowed on this site. "

Sure, but please use the same guidelines listed at the bottom of each page:
    You may include the dealership name, city and state in your post. Please do not post last names of salespeople, telephone numbers, email addresses, or other contact information.

Also: To post a review of the dealership, please use Edmunds Dealer Ratings & Reviews. http://www.edmunds.com/dealer-reviews/

Prices Paid, Lease Questions, SUVs

edited October 2012
    Thanks for the posting guidelines.

I am looking for 36 month lease 10k or 12k annually on a Q5 premium.

Can I get the MF and Residual?

Also, any idea what kind of price is reasonable, I assume invoice is not.

Is finding a Q5 without the sunroof even an option - from the Audi website, it looks like cost is $1500 and we rarely use it.

Any suggestions on reputable dealers in Northern NJ are appreciated.

Thanks for the info.
  • ekh443ekh443 Posts: 8
    That seems like a great deal. I'm not getting anywhere close to those numbers. What state are you in?

Thanks,

Eric
  • anh3anh3 Posts: 18
    Seattle WA. Now we're being offered $800 over invoice, I'm tempted to push for $500! Seems like every dealer wants security deposit for new leasee, so with 9.8% tax, $1095 acquisition fee, dealer and DMV fees rolled in we're looking at $688/mo. on .00159 money factor. First month's payment and security deposit $700 due at signing.

MSRP $46845, selling $44,408
  • Hey audibg. Audi Financial Services' current buy rate lease money factor and residual value for a 36-month lease of a 2013 Q5 3.0T Premium Plus with 10,000 miles per year are .00164 and 51%, for consumers who qualify for its top credit tier.

Car_man
    Host
  • CarMan@EdmundsCarMan@Edmunds Posts: 38,515
    edited October 2012
    Hi albert72. As you suspected I doubt that you will be able to get this truck at invoice. $500 to $1,000 over is much more likely. Audi Financial Services' October buy rate lease money factor and residual value for a 36-month lease of a 2013 Q5 2.0T Premium with 15,000 miles per year are .00118 and 49%, for consumers who qualify for its top credit tier.

You absolutely can comment on good or bad experiences with dealers here. In fact, it's encouraged. We just ask community members to refrain from posting salespeoples' names.

Car_man
    Host
  • Here you go albert72. AFS' October buy rate lease money factor and residual value for a 36-month lease of a 2013 Q5 2.0 Premium with 12,000 miles per year are .00159 and 58%, for consumers who qualify for its top credit tier.

The residual value for a lease with only 10,000 miles per year would be 1% higher.

Wait a second...didn't I just answer this ;). Please see my previous reply for more info. Thanks albert72

Car_man
    Host
    Thanks Car_man.

By the way, I am impressed - working on a Sunday morning at 6:30am.
  • kyfdxkyfdx Posts: 27,666
    9:30 AM on the East coast.... :P

Prices Paid, Lease Questions, SUVs

• ekh443ekh443 Posts: 8
    anh3,

So what is your total drive off on that deal?

Eric
This discussion has been closed.