Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Audi Q5 Lease Questions

Comments

• kyfdxkyfdx Posts: 27,613
    Dealers use Manheim auction reports to base trade-in offers, which may (usually) vary from KBB... Plus, just like you are trying to buy their car for as little as possible, they want to spend less on yours..

Want to know the approximate auction value for your car?

Post the details here: Real-World Trade-In Values

Prices Paid, Lease Questions, SUVs

• albert72albert72 Posts: 141
    car_man & kyfdx,

Need some info - can you give me the MF and residual for the vehicle below?

I am looking at a 3 yr 36k lease on a 2.0 Q5 Premium. The only upgrades on the unit I want are the metallic paint, lighting package and heated front seats.

Also - do you know what MSRP is for the Audi Care? As far as I can tell, it is basically 3-4 oil changes and some "inspections" that they typically do when the car is in for service and I am trying to find out if it is overpriced.

Lastly, are there any special incentives on the Q5 other than what is posted on Edmunds?

Thanks for your help,
  • mlevinemlevine Posts: 203
    I would go for audi care as it increases the residual value by 1%. On a 3 year lease, you will need only 3 scheduled maitenances for this SUV. It does not cover brakes or tires.
  • albert72albert72 Posts: 141
    Thanks. I did a bit of research. Looks like it covers 15k, 25k, 35k & 45k service. At 35k, they change the spark plugs and some other stuff. Interesting that they push it for people who are getting 3yr 36k leases as the 35k service basically preps the car for when it goes off lease and is sold so in some respects, I am absorbing the cost of Audi certifying the car.

Dealer quoted me an additional $300 for Audi Car spread out over the life of the lease so it is not unreasonable. I think at 2 years it covers brake fluid. Also, in the past, the 4 cyl engines had sludge problems for a variety of reasons not the least of which was owners not following oil change protocol.
    At $300 its worth it, plus the extra increase of the residual by 1%. I would check the price of the 3 services needed. Will be much more than audi care costs. I also believe it may not cover tire rotations, but I recommend you go to a tire place for this anyway.
  • My local dealer in Long Beach, CA offered a "special" lease with the following:

2013 Q5 2.0T Premium
    - No security deposit required
    - $3,999 down, 1st payment, tax, & fees due at signing
    - 10,000 miles/year
    - 42 months
    Must qualify for Audi Loyalty Incentive. $0.25/mile for every mile over 10,000 miles.

I am approved for Audi FS top-tier credit.
  • So I gave a check for $1500 after reaching a deal on a Q5. The exact vehicle was to be shipped from about 3 hours away and I would have it within a week. The next day the dealership called me and told me the car we had discussed was actually already sold. Shouldn't they have known this prior to taking my deposit and having me sign papers? The entire thing now seems shady and it's as if they just wanted my signature and deposit and would find the car later. Now they are saying there is one on a boat and it could be 10 days or maybe a month. This does not work for me. Am I able to get my $1500 deposit back since our original agreement terms have changed? I simply do not want to work with this dealership and want out of the deal. Thanks!
  • Hi albert72. Audi Financial Services' buy rate lease money factor and residual value for a 36-month lease of a 2013 Q5 2.0 Premium with 12,000 miles per year are .00141 and 55% for consumers who qualify for its top credit tier.

I believe that the MSRP of Audi Care is $740. Ir provides service at 15,000, 25,000, 35,000 and 45,000 mile intervals. That's $185 per service, which seems fairly expensive to me for a leased vehicle where I personally would only change the oil and rotate the tires.

There is a $1,000 owner loyalty cash incentive on leases of this truck. That's the only cash that I'm aware of.

Car_man
    Host
    Prices Paid: Buying & Leasing Experiences Forum
  • Hello Guys,

I got the following figures for a new Q5 lease.

2013 Audi Q5-Prem Plus
    MMI
    B&O

MSRP-45495

Lease Period-42 Months with 10000 miles per year

Down Payment-0

Monthly Payment - 670 USD (final negotiated price).

Is this a good deal ???

Any help is appreciated.
  • that sounds like a ridiculous/terrible deal to me. $670 for a q5 thats worth 45k?

id suggest looking at the cadillac srx or the lexus rx
    I agree with you very high lease payment. Suspect the deal may be better as the sweet spot for this lease is probably at 36 months rather than 42 months. If you could wait for March, may be able to get better deals on not only audi, but other manufacturers. This month money factors seem to be higher and incentives less or even non-existent.
  • CarMan@EdmundsCarMan@Edmunds Posts: 38,515
    I agree with the consensus. The Q5 is a really nice vehicle, but I can't ever imagine spending nearly $700 per month for one. That's a lot of money and would could get something truly amazing for that much.

Car_man
    Host
  • stridersstriders Posts: 4
    Hello all,

Just want to get your input on the following lease number for a 2013 Q5 2.0 Premium Plus with Advanced Key and 19" Rim:

MSRP: $42,550
    Negotiation prices: $40,990
    Trade-in value: $3,500 (positive - goes towards down payment for cap cost reduction, tax, 1st month, etc.)
    Residual value: $21,646 (dealer said res value is based on MSRP, NOT net cap)
    Rent charge: $4,125.89

Lease length: 42 months
    Mileage: 12,000 miles / year

Monthly total: $567 (tax included)
  • Hi Car_man, can you please post new March lease details for 2013 Audi Q5 3.0 Premium Plus based on 12,000 miles for 36 months? Is there a better lease term (39, 42) and if so can you post those numbers as well? Thank you so much.
  • sylwio30sylwio30 Posts: 1
    Hi I lease Audi Q5 2013 few weeks But I am not sure if I like the color Do anyone know If I can switch the car for the different color Thanks For your help
  • tkh1tkh1 Posts: 2
    edited March 2013
    Car_man: Just curious: What would you consider "truly amazing" at this payment level ($700/mo) ?

tkh1
  • brewinbrewin Posts: 1
    Hello Car_Man and all, based on all the useful data on this forum, I am trying to decide whether it makes more sense to lease or buy used, with $15,000 cash today (combined value of trade-in and cash on hand).

Here are the inputs for the lease:
    Description: 2013, 2.0T, Premium Plus, and MMI
    MSRP: $45,920
    Residual: 55%
    Invoice: $42,770
    Lease term: 36 months
    Money factor (MF):0.00141 (thanks car_man)
    Cap cost reduction: $3,000 (keeping $12k cash)
    Calculated Payment: $494.85 + tax, or $540.63 (with 9.25% tax)
    Total 3-year payments: $19,462.58

At the end of the 3-years, I'd have paid about $19,500 for the lease. Q5 would be "worth" $25,000 then. Assuming I purchase the Q5 at the end of the lease ($15,500 loan, 3 years, 3% interest), then it would cost another $16,500 in payments, bringing the total to $36,000 in payments over 72 months or about $500 per month.

Here are the inputs for the used buy:
    Description: 2011, 2.0T, Premium Plus, Navigation, 36,000 miles
    Used: $35,000 + $4,500 (costs)
    Down: $15,000
    Loan: $24,500
    Rate: 1.75%
    Months: 48
    Payments: $530
    Total Payments: $25,440

Even though used prices seem very high these days (compared to residual percentages), 48 payments * $530 = $25,500. This appears to be a savings of $10,500 over 6 years or $1,750 per year, buying used instead of leasing.

Am I look at this the right way? Even if used Q5 prices seems higher than expected, would it still make sense to go the used route (understanding we may have different priorities, etc.)?
    Certainly estebanbruin. Audi Financial Services' March buy rate lease money factor and residual value for a 36-month lease of a 2013 Audi Q5 3.0 Premium Plus with 12,000 miles per year are .00143 and 55% for consumers who qualify for its top credit tier.

The numbers for 39- and 42-month terms are .00163 / 53% and .00163 / 51%.

Car_man
    Host
    Hi tkh1. I haven't run payments on every vehicle out there this month, though some times it seems like I have ;). The one vehicle that I always personally use as a high-end luxury vehicle lease reference point in my mind is the BMW 7-Series. To me, that's one of the best luxury vehicles out there, so if any other car or truck out there costs more than a 7 to lease then it's not a good deal.

Car_man
    Host
    Hi brewin. You're better off keeping the entire $15,000 than using any of it as a capitalized cost reduction on your lease. Doing so is much safer. Generally speaking, if you want to keep a vehicle long-term you should just buy it from the beginning. Leasing works better for people who want to get different vehicles every couple of years. In terms of buying, assuming that you don't get a messed up vehicle buying used is almost always cheaper than buying new.

At least that has traditionally been the case, used vehicle prices have been a little on the high side over the past couple of years. That has mainly been the case because leasing dried up during the financial crisis and it was always responsible for a large number of used vehicles coming onto the market. Leasing has picked back up and we are already seeing signs of used vehicle prices easing some. I suspect that this trend will continue.

So in short :), buying used is likely your cheapest option.

Car_man
    Host
This discussion has been closed.