Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Chevy Venture

Comments

• navstarnavstar Posts: 3
    Similar isseu on my wifes 2000 venture, ended up it was the tensioning pulley on the serpentine belt, bearing was going, was farily easy to replace in the driveway.
  • i have a 1998 venture ls.about a month ago the car died while driving it and wouldnt start(starter didnt even try)and the battery was dead.charged the battery and took it to autozone. said bad battery so i replaced it.1 hour drive time and dead battery again so i took it back, and bad alternator they say.so i replaced it.(made sure to buy the delco 140 or 145 amp cant remember) about 1 hour drive time later battery dead again.. so off to the dealer for a test. they say it is the pcm (transmisson section 800 dollars) so i found the same pcm (same chevy pcm and part number...brand new) they asked for my vin number for programming and stamped vin on it.(it is correct) and still keep killing the battery. it is almost like the alternator is not coming on. when i have it running and i disconnect all leads to the alternator i only get about 2.3 volts at the post(and no dummy lights come on). also you can watch the voltage while at idle on a meter go down about 1 tenth of a volt at a time(30 seconds) until about 5volts where it just dies. i removed the ground and cleaned it on the wheel well by the battery and removed and cleaned all connections at the starter.. someone please help me!!!!!!!!!!!!....i needpointed in some direction... i am out of ideas!!!
  • I have a 04 van, and one of the power sliding doors will not open, checked fuses and all is there a way to over ride the electronic part of it. Seems like it wont un-lock Thanks
  • malcuit:

Mine stopped working on a regular basis and there is a proceedure to go thru that will make it work again. Do a search on resetting the door opener and you'll find it. If I have time, I'll post it here unless you find it before me. I also think it's in the owner's manual; check there.

-Tony
  • I have a piece of crap '02 Venture WB ( :sick: )and I believe that there was a recall on certain models for the sliding door.

Also, the wheel berrings and brakes always cost me a fortune for this thing. :mad:
  • Yes, but the recall was to allow the door to reverse if someone's arm is caught in the door as it opens. The doors already reverses if someone is in the way when CLOSING, so they had to also include the door to reverse as the door is OPENING, in case a child's arm is in there as it opens. That was the recall.

The recall was NOT for a simple non-working door.
  • I got the torque specs for manifold bolts and others but need the rocker arm torque specs when replacing gaskets? Thanks George
  • Have an '02 Chevy Venture van. Looks like I'll be choosing between the Firestone FR710 or the Goodyear Fuel Max tires. They will essentially cost me the same amount. The Goodyear is supposed to save me on gas mileage which would be great. But I see more positive reviews on the Firestone.

I live in Wisconsin. Need something decent in snow and rain. Are one of these a lot better than the other?
  • I am having problems with my doors....sometimes they work sometimes not.....Also when i try and turn my fan on it does come on sometimes and most of the time it doesn't and IF it does come on it will not work at all on my highest setting.....Can anyone help....Oh and what the heck is that clunking noise when i put it in drive or reverse?????PLEASE HELP ME
  • My alternator is good and replaced the battery still dead after sitting for an hour.....sparks when the key is out of ignition and installing battery.....What could it be please???? I need help.....
  • jhdjhd Posts: 20
    I have an intermittent ABS light coming on after driving on the wet roads or thru the slush. Then sometime it goes off while driving. When engine is stopped and restarted, it goes off. I would think if wires was damaged and salt/water would short the sensor, it would not reset after restarting the engine. In anticipation of this problem, I have RTV sealed the connector back wire seals in the summer when I also changed the rotors. It was getting the same problems last year in the winter. Summer was trouble free. Convoluted tubing is done but I used electrical tape to protect wires. Wires looked ok. Maybe there is a buildup on the sensor surface and it can not read the rotor signal? Can the sensor be cleaned?
    Thanks in advance!
  • I worked as a mechanic for many years in the mid to late 90's, and I have to say I have never heard of such, you are correct that the braking system is a sealed system, he may have been thinking that if you slam on the brakes very hard, you can blow out a wheel cylinder on drum brakes thus allowing air into the system, check all 4 wheels brakes, do not judge drums by just looking under the car to find a wet spot on the back bottom side of the drum, brake fluid can mix with brake dust and form a "dough" inside the drum. :shades:
  • I have a problem with the digital odometer, just happened this morning. When I start the van the odometer works, then suddenly turns off and display screen goes blank?
  • My van's abs light is on. It comes on as soon as I move the van in any direction. Never had a problem with it until I changed the head gasket. Any thoughts?
  • all I did was change the blinker light in the front and now the van will not start!! PLEASE HELP!!! I am thinking it is the security ??? Please help!! The lights work the wipers It just will not crank spin or start I am getting so frustrated!!!!!! :confuse: :sick:
  • hi
    there
    if you live in the Mississauga ontario area there is an autowreckers
    called COOKSVILLE AUTO
    i've seen that part that you are looking for they have 10 minivans for Scrap there
    and i seen that part today cause mine is missing also :)
  • bad starting motor
    it needs to be replaced :)
  • hi there
    i here ya
    i just bought a 2000 chevy Venture back in December 2009 for $2,500 and it is in mint condition no rust it has 156000km when i bought it and now it is 160660km and it runs really well i've had minivans in the past but this one tops them all
    i get 1150kns on a full tank on the high way but i only get 750kms in the city driving
    this van is my first here in ontario. i'm orignally from NEWFOUNDLAND me and the wife were hoping to drive to newfoundland this summer 2010 2,464 miles.but i'm afraid where i don't want to wreck the vehicle it's to good i was going to by a 2010 Dodge Grand caravan that sucks cause there all the same as in the features like the seats fold down into the floor ? what if you spill pop or juice on the floor there goes your seats, side windows rolls down if a kid is not locked in there seat they could fall out of the window , and the front end where the grill and the rad surport is well it's all plastic. :surprise:
  • yes they do need to be reset
    but you can reset them yourself just go to your owners manual and it will tell you how to reset them what you have to do is press the lock and unlock at the same time for 7 seconds and it should reset. :)
  • i have a 2000 chevy Venture and i have the same air filter it is not for the engine
    it is for the air that circlates inside the vehicle from the outside for fresh clean air,
    they are $ 20.00 to $25.00 comes with two in a box it is called a Cabin Filter. :)