Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Chevy Venture

Comments

• dennie4dennie4 Posts: 24
    The Nintendo 64 is 12 volts dc, but it has a 6 prong power adapter. I read a posting somewhere that said they had used a Nintendo 64 in their Van. I'm thinking they meant Super Nintendo. I can't see any way with the setup in back of the 64 to adapt it to the Van. I might try to call Nintendo and see if they have an adapter.

Also we received our Headphone in under three week. I think you should call and see where they are
  • re025901re025901 Posts: 7
    I won a Venture in a contest and don't need it. It is completely loaded. It is one step below the Warner Bros edition. It has every option imaginable. It is the silvermist color. Since i had to order it, I won't take delivery until late april. The factory sticker price is 28515 and i know there is a 1500 rebate being offered. I Guarantee I will beat any dealer's price. I GUARANTEE IT. I live in the los angeles area. You can email me at re025901@student.fullerton.edu for more info.
  • juliez1juliez1 Posts: 2
    I recently purchased a new 2000 Venture and really enjoy driving it. However, we are having problems with water getting in to the passenger compartment. I believe it is leaking in 2 areas: the passenger sliding door gasket, at the top and the passenger side jack storage compartment at the bottom. Has anyone else has this problem with a Venture? How was it resolved?
  • venman1venman1 Posts: 6
    Hello and yes I had a problem with water coming in near the jack area. I found out myself that it was coming in from the little rubber boot that you can see when you open your hatch, it is located at the top where the hinges are. It was not sealing and everytime it rained it would leak and travel through the headliner and down right where the jack was stored. I would strongly recomend you take it to your dealer and have it fixed (also there is two of these boots one on the drivers side and one on the pass side.
  • I do have a 2000 venture wich i purchased in november of 99, recently i also had troubles with water leaking in, but not from the jack side compartment, when i brought it in for repairs i was told water was comeing in through the rear tail light, that could also be an option, my tail lite was removed and resealed
  • mstakormstakor Posts: 1
    I purchased a 2000 Venture recently and noticed that my temperature gauge would climb to approximately 3/4 scale (1/8 of the scale from red zone) when I would sit idle for awhile (in about 75 degree F weather). I returned to the dealer and they said that I had an air pocket in the cooling system. Well I was back at the dealer within a week with the same problem and the dealer indicated that this was normal and I shouldn't worry. He indicated that the vehicle had reached 230 degree F, and that this was the temp that the cooling fan would start. I typically hear operating temperatures between 195 to 210, not all the way to 230. I have never had a vehicle that would climb that high on the temp gauge without some sort of problem. Has anyone else experienced this?
  • I have a 98 Venture I noticed a surging between 50 and 65 mph has anyone noticed this with there van .otherwise very satisfied
  • Your temperature seems unusually high. Mine does not climb over 1/3 of the range under normal conditions. The only time it climbed higher was about 3 weeks after we bought our 2000 Venture last Feb. Turns out the radiator was improperly installed at the factory and it burst! We've had no other problems since and the rad was promptly replaced under warranty with no hassles.
  • Not sure what you mean by surging. Are you talking about a temperature surge?
  • trouttimtrouttim Posts: 1
    I have just bought a 2000 Warner Bros. Venture. I noticed that if I am stopped on an incline and take my foot off of the brake, the vehicle will roll back (about 3'). Anyone notice this with their Venture.
  • venman1venman1 Posts: 6
    I have a 2000 venture and noticed that it does run alot hotter than my other vehicles. usually at about the 1/2 way mark or slightly higher . I called my dealership and they told me that it is desighned to run at a hotter temp so it burns richer and is more effiecient.He also told me that the fan does not kick on till 237 degrees
    and then would only stay on till the temp was 220
    degrees. he assured me that it was normal and
    unless it goes in the red area it was nothing to be concerened about (also alltitude makes a difference in how hot the engine runs)
  • offhamoffham Posts: 344
    Just to add to conversation, my 2000 usually settles at about 10 o'clock. Stuck in traffic it has gone over to about 1'o'clock then you hear the fans kick in at brings it back, then it will go up and back.We have two fans, not sure if one is just radiator and the other comes on when AC is operating.

The handbook shows the thermostat will open at 195 degrees. I guess every gauge is different and will vary from model to model.
  • awagon1awagon1 Posts: 5
    Seems like in our Venture we need to keep the climate controls set on defrost, especially in tunnels. Even after hours of highway cruising if we switch out of defrost we fog.

Other than only needing defrost, we think our Venture is great.

Any one else experiencing problems, or heard of a fix for the ventilation system?
  • 4steri4steri Posts: 7
    Your fogging may be, because your climate controls are set on recirc. if so try fresh air settings and your fogging should be eliminated.
    Recirc. is only used for quick warm up or a\c
    then should be set back to fresh air.
  • Hi Folks: I am new her and I am looking at a particular Chevy Venture which is a 2000 LS - Extended. It has been driven by a salesman and has about 4000 miles on it. I am interested in purchasing it at Bergland Chevrolet in Roanoke, VA. Question: should I expect any deduction of price because it has 4000+ miles on it? Appreciate any information. Thanks. Adventure Man.
  • harshweharshwe Posts: 5
    purchased a new 2000 venture and picked it up last
    thursday evening...

We drove to the parents to visit over the weekend. It rained Sunday evening (van parked outside). While loading the van this morning, we found that the floor mat (behind the third row of seats) was soaked. It appears that the water came through the "hole" where the wiring goes from the van to the liftgate. The wiring is inside a "rubber hose" for protection, but the water appears to have gotten past the boot and then dripped from the rear most dome light...

the Dealer "hasn't seen this before"... they are
    going to start figuring it out tomorrow...
  • august6august6 Posts: 1
    Im looking to buy a 1998 venture with 12400mi,LDS with driver side sliding door, roor rack,and keyless entry, is this a good price? dose anyone have any infomation about the van? please advise me is it a good chioce?
    Would not touch it. If you go to www.alldata.com
    select 1998 and under Chevy Truck pull up Venture and you will see that Chevy issued 102 bulletins on this model year of problems....Good luck
    I hope the dealer is not trying to get same price as a new one. 4000 miles are off your warranty and you really don't know how it has been driven and how many people eventhough one guy has been involved. Was it a demo? Really need to get a quote, then look at a new one with same features. Also go to Chevy web page and review current discounts $1500 or low cost financing. Do as much research prior to parting with your cash. Check Kellys blue book they are on line for secondhand prices.
  • bpaynterbpaynter Posts: 4
    I am looking for some recent-model year Chevy Venture owners who are interested in talking about their ownership experience. I am working on the 2001 Venture catalog and would like to include actual owners' words.

Specifically, I'm looking for:
    1) A family who very actively uses their Venture to discuss its versatility and
    adaptability.
    2) A Venture LS family (mom, dad, two or more
    kids) whose children are soccer players. Kids
    should be fairly young.
    3) Venture LT family living in the Rocky Mountain
    area who take their Venture on skiing vacations.
    Should have two or three children.
    4) Venture Warner Bros. Edition family living in
    Southern California who like to travel in their
    Venture. Should have two or three children.

I certainly would appreciate any response I get on
    this. I can be contacted via e-mail at
    bpaynter@cecom.com. Thank you.