Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

2010 VW Golf

rv65rv65 Posts: 1,074
VW has decided to drop the Rabbit name for 2010. It will be renamed to Golf. This will be the official discussion for the 2010 VW Golf. There will now be a GTD trim. The GTD will be a sporty diesel trim. The engine will be the same one used in the Jetta TDI which is a 2.0L 140 HP engine. The 170 HP doesn't meet the US emission standards so they must use the 140 HP engine.

Here are the trim levels that are preliminary. You can choose between 2 or 4 doors.

2010 VW Golf GT 2.5 Auto
2010 VW Golf GT 2.5 Manual
2010 VW Golf GTD 2.0 Auto
2010 VW Golf GTD DSG
2010 VW Golf GTI DSG
2010 VW Golf GTD Manual

Option packages will be Cold Weather, Tech, and Sunroof. Sunroof is now available on the 2 door models.

For the first time non GTI Golf's will get an optional Navigation system. This new system has a high res touch screen display and a 30 GB HDD. The Hard drive stores both the maps and a 18.62 GB partition for storing your favorite tunes. VW was even nice enough to include a Media-In connector for playing your favorite tunes. The Media in does work with iPod's but you must purchase part number 000 051 446 C which is a special Media-In to iPod cable. You can't use the USB cable with the iPod sync cable since that won't work so keep that in mind. VW might deploy new radios for 2010 that support the MDI. That way you can have the MDI and not have Navigation.

Hope this helps for now.

Comments

• rv65rv65 Posts: 1,074
    5K129L Golf 2-DR 2.0 TDI Manual
    5K129M Golf 2-DR 2.0 TDI Automatic
    5K12S1 Golf 2-DR 2.5 Automatic Federal
    5K12S3 Golf 2-DR 2.5 Automatic Federal
    5K12Z1 Golf 2-DR 2.5 Manual PZEV
    5K12Z3 Golf 2-DR 2.5 Automatic PZEV
    5K149L Golf 4-DR 2.0 TDI Manual
    5K149M Golf 4-DR 2.0 TDI Automatic
    5K14Z3 Golf 4-DR 2.5 Automatic PZEV
    5K14S3 Golf 4-DR 2.5 Automatic Federal

PZEV is only for a few states. The 2.5 4-door can't be had in a manual. Only the 4 door TDI can get a manual.

Colors are:

5R5R Reflex Blue
    8E8E Reflex Silver
    A1A1 Black
    B4B4 Candy White
    G2G2 Tornado Red
    P6P6 Shadow Blue/Graphite Blue
    X6X6 United Grey

Options are

3FE Power Sunroof
    8JF Xenon Headlamps with AFS
    P71 Navigation System
    P73 Technology Package
    W79 Cold Weather package

The good news is that all these options are available on the Golf TDI regardless of how many doors it has. The tech package might be the Navi, MDI, maybe dynaudio, and backup camera.

Here is the new preliminary info.
  • rv65:

Any ideas as to timing, or pricing, that you can share? I'm in the market but can afford to be patient.

Thanks.
    Pricing should start higher than the Rabbit since it's going upscale. A loaded TDI 4 door should be in the 20,000's. The TDI will carry a sizeable premium but it qualifies for a $1,300 tax break from the government. The Golf VI will come here sometime this fall. The GTI might come out earlier.
  • rv65:

Thanks for the info. Good stuff!

I'll be waiting patiently. Hopefully, the tdi golf will barely clear 20k. I'm trying to stay @18k. The tax credit and potential govmnt bailout may make that possible.
  • BentJayBentJay Posts: 4
    I've previously owned 3 VW diesels starting with a 78 Rabbit w/ 48 hp! My current diesel, an 06 Jetta is terrific. I was disappointed to see that the 09 Jetta was decontented, i.e. no leather, dual hvac controls, etc.

RV, can you confirm that the 2010 Golf TDI four-door, 6-speed manual will be available with xenon headlights, cold weather package and sunroof? That would make it the perfect car for me!

Thanks for your info. Where are you getting it?

Jay
    Yes you can get them with all those options. Don't know about leather or dual climate control. I believe you can order the option packages a la carte. Don't forget about Bluetooth. That too will be a $300 option. VW is now offering a high quality bluetooth system from Europe that works really well. It integrates with the RCD-510 or RNS-510 headunit. It will integrate with the RCD-310. The 2010 golf at the New York Auto Show had the RCD-510 HU. The RCD-510 is similar to the RNS-510 but you don't get the navigation function. It's a touch screen headunit with a 6CD changer and no hard drive. Doesn't play DVD's but the RNS-510 will support DVD's. It supports the Media-In device so you can have full iPod/USB integration. I posted some MDI details in this thread. I don't want to repeat my self.
    As for where I got my info it's out there on sites I can't mention.
    I just found out that there will be a new head unit called Premium 8. Premium 8 is also known as the RCD-510 in Europe. It's very similar to the RNS-510 but is different. It has a touch screen display like the RNS-510 but there is no Hard drive and no DVD video support. It will support the backup camera though. The RCD-510 does have a 6 CD changer but the RNS-510 has only a single DVD/CD slot. Besides who needs a CD changer any more. The RNS-510 has a nice 18.62 GB music server where you can rip your music to it. It does have MP3/WMA support which is nice. The RCD-510 can now properly support iPod's. You'll need an MDI and a special cable that enables full iPod functionality. So now you can get full iPod integration. It even has a bluetooth phone menu if the bluetooth kit supports it. I hear that Bluetooth will be available for the Golf VI. Hope this helps.
    http://www.vw.com/upcomingcars/2010golf/en/us/

The info that I've posted is preliminary and subject to any changes without notice.
    This is a link to a pdf with specific information dated 4/2/09:

http://media.vw.com/article_download.cfm?article_id=10477

Hmm, cloth interior?

Jay
    TDI models get the Media-In. Now you can full iPod integration. All you need is part number 000 051 446 C and you're good to go.
    So the Tech is Dynaudio, NAVI, and bluetooth. Nav models will get bluetooth high end. The good news is that non nav models will get bluetooth. TDI models will get the RCD-510/Premium VIII stereo. Then they can have full iPod integration.
    Now I want to know when the US VW dealers will be able to order specific 2010 Golfs. This is all proven technology. Why not be the first on the block with one of these cars?
    I don't know but they should be able to in the Summer probably the fall. The Golf VI will be out in the fall.

Here is the preliminary pricing. This can change at any time without notice. Only the TDI models can have Nav. Tech package is Nav, high end Bluetooth, Dynaudio, and Backup camera. This is the first time that Dynaudio is being offered in a Golf. The MKV couldn't have Dynaudio due to the speaker placements. The Golf MKVI is made for the Dynaudio system from the get go.

Golf 2.5 2 door $17,490
    Golf 2.5 4 door $18,090

Golf TDI 2 door $21,990
    Golf TDI 4 door $22,590

Golf GTI 2 door $23,290
    Golf GTI 4 door $23,890
  • rv65:

You have come through once again. I thank you.

I'm assuming those prices are msrp. I suspect invoice is running 1-1.5k less. Throw in the tax credit and you're knocking on 20k. A little high, but doable.
    But those prices can change at anytime.

Courtesy of my-gti.com. This will be standard on the TDI models. The Premium VIII is dynaudio compatible and it's really nice. It's known as the RCD-510 in europe. It won't play DVD's. Supports Sirius, Bluetooth Audio streaming, and HD radio. More info is posted in this thread and yes it does support full iPod integration. Hope this helps.
  • sctaft717sctaft717 Posts: 1
    How do the speaker placements differ on the MKVI? Will they not be in the doors in the back anymore? Any idea what sizes they will be?

Thanks!
  • reh2reh2 Posts: 1
    Found this information on myturbodiesel.com:

http://www.myturbodiesel.com/images/a5/buyg/2010golfus.pdf

Answered several of my TDI questions: weight, standard equipment, options, etc.

Looks nicely equipped for the price. :)
  • lali3lali3 Posts: 16
    Any inside info on the date when golf will be out