Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Tire pressure sensor?

brett_babcockbrett_babcock Posts: 1
edited May 2014 in Chevrolet
Hi Everyone--

I recently had a new wheel put on my 2008 Aveo5, which required the replacement of the tire pressure sensor. The garage that I brought my car to could not figure out how to re-set the tire pressure monitor so that the indicator light would go off on my dashboard. Would anyone have any suggestions?

Thanks,

Brett

Comments

• lennyolennyo Posts: 3
    I have the same problem...Did you ever find out how to do it?

Lenny
  • Most car dealers and tire dealers should have a tool that can reset the TPMS sensor. The best bet is to take it to a new car dealer that handles that vehicle brand - they will surely be able to reset this for you. In my area, my local tire dealer link title has a tool that can handle most cars.
  • lennyolennyo Posts: 3
    Thanks for the info.

Is there any way I can do it myself...the only chevy dealer here wants to charge me $75.00 top do it!!!

Lenny
  • ">link titleIf the dealer wants to charge $75, you might want to try and call an indepedent garage in your area or a Firestone or Goodyear store in your area. Call around, somewhere will help you, especially if you promise to give them business in the future.
This discussion has been closed.
Tire pressure sensor? - Car Forums at Edmunds.com