Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

2010 Mitsubishi Outlander

Comments

• skc7286skc7286 Posts: 7
    i dont now the eaxct date but it was at least a week ago as the dealership was talking to me about it before i bought.
    i also wanted anl xls with sun and sound. but being in new england (northern, MA to be exact), i figured i needed the AWD and that ruled out the FWD model. I never considered any of the 4 cylinder models as i always beleved that if they offer a car in a 4cyl and a 6cyl get the 6cyl.

i got such a good price by doing nothing other than making it clear that i wasnty super thrilled about it not having a roof rack option and asking them to look around to get once from another dealer. they did so and found one in NJ which fit my critera (i bought black but was a little more interested in blue). i went back to the dealer on the 30th ready to sign papers but walked around the lot one more time. the sales manager told me that if i would "settle" for one already on the lot he would go $500 below invoice and give me a "great" trade value. i was priced out at $200 over invoice so that was a $700 swing. and as far as the trade was concerned, i bough that malibu for $12K in 06 (a year old with 16k miles) and drove it for 4 year. i figured that $6k for it was a great deal (i knew about at least $2500 in repairs it needed and was hoping for $4K-$5K).

they also needed to sell a few more cars that day to get thier number for the quarter and were not going to let me leave without making a huge push.
  • I think the 0% 60 deal started today. All of their previous incentives expired on 6/30, but I checked today and they have extended the incentives to 8/2, but changed the 0% deal from 36mo to 60mo. However, you can't use the factory rebate w/0% (and of course you need to qualify).
    i stand corrected.

they must have know it was coming. they were trying to talk to me about it last week.
  • ermal1ermal1 Posts: 19
    edited July 2010
    thank you

i dont understand the fact that AWC has less packages,does that mean that sun&sound is standart in AWC?

and when i try to add luxury package the sun & sound package adds automatically does that mean that i have to buy both of the packages if i want only one?
  • mjrtopmjrtop Posts: 2
    Thanks for the replies. The reason I asked is that this incentive (the 60 months 0%) was posted on the Mitsubishi home site on 6/28/10 (BEFORE the end of their 36 month offer). Since I hadn't visited their site since 10 days prior to the 28th, and had purchased on the 23rd under the 36 month, I was curious. Thanks again and if anyone has the exact date, it would help since I can't get from Mitsubishi. My dealer stated that they didn't even know about the change.
    you have to get the lux package with the sun and sound for an xls 2WD. no idea why.

I assume they want you to step up to the GT.
  • iluvmysephia1iluvmysephia1 Posts: 5,663
    edited July 2010
    this one is the best looking one.

And, just like the look a the Rally Red on my 2008 Mitsubishi Lancer GTS, they look so so hot in Mitsu's patented Rally Red, boys.

Number Two would be Kia's new 2011 Sportage.

2011 Kia Sportage in Ignition Orange

The Mitsubishi Lancer is the best looking compact, the Eclipse has gotta be one of the hottest looking Coupe's (challenging Kia with their new Forte Koup), the new Lancer Sportback looks great in the hot hatch category and the '10 Outlander leads in my own personal SUV competition.

Mitsubishi is really making fine vehicles these days. Couldn't be happier with my '08 Lancer GTS.

Note: the Rally Red '08 Lancer GTS by Mitsubishi pictured above is not iluv's personal car but just a very reasonable likeness.

2008 Mitsubishi Lancer GTS

i just parked my new blue GT in garage :D
    i just bought 28 k with 0.0% for 60 month and remote engine start included in price :)
    they really insisted to the gt i wanted a xls but they were giving me more expensive xls than the GT so i just went for the GT :)
  • toomanyfumestoomanyfumes S.E. Wisconsin Posts: 892
    I'll bet it looks nice in blue! Last time I was at local Mitsu dealer they didn't have any GT's. I would think they'd have one or two sitting in the showroom or near the road to bring people in, they are a sharp SUV.
  • Congrats on the new GT! Yep, I bet the blue looks sharp. They didn't have a blue GT at my dealer, but they had black, so that's what I got...love it!

Congrats on the great deal too.
  • modachemodache Posts: 4
    Great deal you got there. Is 28K out the door? Does it have the navigation and leather?
  • modachemodache Posts: 4
    That's an incredible price! Was that after incentives and loyalty bonus?
    no loyalty bonus this is my firts mitsubishi and actually I LOVE IT i really mean it i love everything on it.
    and NO navigation sistem and this was without the 1000$ because i chosed the 0.0% for 60 month.and 28 was without taxes and fees with all that stuff it went a little bit more 30 k but they told it was the last day of the month so they wanted to sell the car or smthng like that and i got 2 free oil change and one free full tank of gas and if i install the scoof plates and rear bumper step protector they will give those to me with the invoice price thats what they said at least :P

i love the car. it is GREAT
    Why is so hard to change to low beam to high beam? is it only me that have that problem? why isnt the tradional way up and down the stick :( every time i made to change them the left signal turns on this is frustating....BUT i still love everything else
  • iluvmysephia1iluvmysephia1 Posts: 5,663
    edited July 2010
    are they kinda touch-sensitive? Because the high-beams on my '08 Mitsubishi Lancer GTS are turned on by the left stalk, and IIRC, they will at times cause a blinding-flash type of sensation. A stutter-light and then the blinker will come on inadvertently.

Ya just turn off the blinker and then re-apply the left stalk, pulling it towards you a tad until you feel it fall in to the place it needs to be to turn on the high beams and you'll be fine.

You just have ta get used to the feel of the left stalk, come towards you with it until they come on and then release the stalk. They will work for you, you just need to practice turning them on and off a few times. Early new rig jitters iz zall. Enjoy your beautiful new SUV.

You guys are getting the best SUV available on the market...it's cool when you can match great engineering with the best looking vehicle bodies made on the planet anywhere, eh? ;) Score!

2008 Mitsubishi Lancer GTS