Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

2010 Mitsubishi Outlander

167891012»

Comments

• jplessjpless Posts: 1
    Mitsubishi got some bad compressors from Denso. You are leaking freon because the seal is bad on the shaft. Get it replaced under warranty.
  • rcpaxrcpax Posts: 580
    is there a technical bulletin on this.because i have an 07 and i have brought my car to the dealer at least 3x for leaky coolant.the 3rd time the dealer convinced me to put iv dye in it so they can see where its leaking. so i need this compressor replaced.hope you could give us the tech bulletin.
  • fushigifushigi Posts: 1,243
    I'm pretty sure the bad batch of compressors was in the 2010 model, not 2007. But you can look for TSBs at http://www-odi.nhtsa.dot.gov/tsbs/
  • ermal1ermal1 Posts: 19
    edited August 2011
    was that compressor thing for all of us? i have been driving my for a year now but i dont have a problem with the AC should i check it too?

and since i have been living in USA for only 2 years i dont know how the bulletin works or better what is that for? i was searching there and it came out with 6 bulletins for outlander but i am not sure what that means.can anyone plz help me understand?
  • fushigifushigi Posts: 1,243
    The compressor problem was limited. Only a few months of production were affected. The AC in my '10 GT, for instance, has been fine. In fact, it's AC is far better than the AC in my last car, a '99 Galant.

Regarding bulletins, there are two main things to be aware of: Technical Service Bulletins (TSBs) and Recalls. TSBs basically are an acknowledgement of a problem with (usually) a solution. But as the problem isn't safety related or otherwise doesn't have severe impact there's no notification process for consumers. Example: There might be a TSB saying that the transmission can be reprogrammed for better fuel economy or to overcome a harsh shift. When you bring the car in for service the TSB can be performed, but there's no active campaign in effect to get everyone's trans reprogrammed. Getting a TSB fixed may or may not have a cost which may or may not be covered by warranty.

With recalls, though, usually there's a safety issue involved. The manufacturer sends letters to all affected owners using the last-known address (generally found with the vehicle registration .. it has nothing to do with, say, your car loan). You bring the car in and the dealer's service department fixes the problem at no cost. Also, there's no time limit for a recall. Example: My wife's '01 Elantra was recalled in, IIRC, '09 for a subframe rust problem. A rust problem can take years to become known. This problem could cause the vehicle to go out of control if something rusted through & broke so a recall was done to replace the subframe parts at no cost to us.
  • ermal1ermal1 Posts: 19
    Thank you for making it clear for me now :)

so i want worry for all that stuff that was there.
167891012»