Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

2010 Mitsubishi Outlander

Comments

• fushigifushigi Posts: 1,232
    Can't say for sure but I'd imagine all Outlanders will get the new schnoz. It's rare for a manufacturer to offer a model with significantly different noses. Generally all you see are things like grill color (black/chrome) and fog light treatments.

BTW based on the pictures my wife doesn't care for the revised look. But I'm holding out for it anyway. More for the powertrain improvements than anything else. And because CARS has temporarily driven prices up and me out of the market as my Galant is not a clunker.
  • batman47batman47 Posts: 606
    Dealers are collecting deposit to order the new 2010 Outlander GT. I sent a $1000 to a dealer who promised me to get the car in November this year.
  • chelentanochelentano Posts: 634
    Wow, what kind of configuration/pricing have you ordered?
    What does the dealer say weather all Outlanders will have new nose, or just GT?
    He said that all the Outlander trim will have the new nose, i.e. ES, SE, XLS and the GT.

I asked the 2010 Outlander GT with the 3-main packages i.e. Navigation, Luxury, and the Sun & Sound. I have also requested the Protection accessory package.

You may approach your local Mitsubishi dealer to ask for one. As far as I know dealers in the US had until 17th August to order the new 2010 Outlander.

I think dealers don't want to talk about the 2010 Outlander because they have in stock a considerable number of 2009 Outlander. The dealer I am talking about just sold all the 2009 Outlander and he will not order anyone moren 2009 Outlanders.
  • dela555dela555 Posts: 1
    I live in Canada, and I am torn between getting a 2009 Outlander (for which it appears there are great deals) and waiting for the 2010 model (which a couple of dealers have informed me will be available in October). Other than pictures showing that the front grill is very different (which I imagine will affect the resale value of my 2009), I do not know anything else that is supposed to be different (1 dealer swore nothing will be different till I asked him to google photos of the 2010 and then he claimed only the grill will be different!).

Anyone with information on what else will be different, and also the pricing issue, will be well appreciated.

Also, I saw in a different part of the forum that 2007s had a problem with the heating system in extremely cold weather. Does anyone with 2009 model have problems with that? I can't have a cold car in the middle of winter where i live!

Many thanks.
    Go to:

http://media.mitsubishicars.com/detail?mid=MIT2009040932710&mime=ASC

Usually people working in the dealership don’t know about details of new cars other than the dealership manager itself. The less the salesmen know about the new model the best for the dealership owner. In summary perhaps the trim ES, SE, XLS may be the same as the model 2009. But if you order a 2010 Outlander GT then this is practically another animal. You may download file from the above name link to know exactly the difference between the 2009 Outlander (any trim) and the 2010 Outlander GT.
  • I have serious doubts as it is announced that the Outlander GT will have 19-inch OZ Racing wheels and large Brembo brakes.. I think these wheels were used just for the New York car shown. Presently the standard tire size is 225/55R18 in the XLS. There isn’t 225/55R19 in the market so I assume that the car will come with 225/45R19 witch will drop its 8.5” ground clearance to perhaps 7.5” (similar to the RAV4). Brembo brakes and OZ off road wheels may be but perhaps as an option. Real 2010 Outlander GT may be depart from what it was inform to us from the New York Outlander. I don’t know when my 2010 Outlander GT arrives to my dealership it will be a nice surprise or a disappointment.
  • I don’t think that Mitsubishi Motors will use stock tires from Korean (Kumho). Most probably the side of the tires will be 225/45R19 Goodyear or Pirelli.
  • Mitsubishi Lancer GTS. They weren't the best tires overall...at the 30,000 mile mark they needed to replaced. In Dec. of 2008 I bought Pirelli P-Zero Nero M+S P215 45R18 tires for my Lancer GTS. Love these new Pirelli's, handling and road feel and confidence are all very, very good with these tires.

2008 Mitsubishi Lancer GTS

• In August 2009 the 2010 Outlander was seen at a MM dealership in Monterey, CA and the vehicle has a California Number Plate. Lately in China the 2010 Outlander was displayed at the China’s Auto Show (September).

It is most probably that the sale of the 2010 Outlander GT will start in the US at the beginning of December this year as a 2010 model. MM hasn’t announced yet when this car will be sold in the US. I have contacted two dealers and one told me that the car will be for sale in October and the other the first week of December. But what is certain is that the car will be sold before the start of year 2010.

The good news of providing a deposit to MM dealerships is their promise that they will not charge you more that the vehicle invoice. Even one dealer told me that he will charge me $500 below invoice.
  • rcpaxrcpax Posts: 580
    MItsubishi NA says it's November. More pictures of this new redesign at: http://paxtech.blogspot.com/search/label/Outlander

More than the facelift, the 2010 model will feature additional engine hp for the same amount of displacement as previous model years.it will also feature idle neutral logic, and most importantly S-AWC.
  • and it will available around Oct 13, after the National day break.

really wanna see it in Canada and try SAWC
  • 2010 Mitsubishi Outlander launch starts with Australia

The new Outlander will be available for sale in Australia from the 29th of September. The one getting launched is the road going version of the Outlander GT unveiled at the New York International Auto Show this April.

Soem reliable date for the US?
  • steverstever YooperlandPosts: 39,936

Need help navigating? stever@edmunds.com - or send a private message by clicking on my name.

• cool.

Slalom (mph): 66.2 is incredible!

MT data:
  • steverstever YooperlandPosts: 39,936
    Another comparo - the new 2010 X5 M comes in at 63.5.

The BMW X6 M comes in at 68.6 mph.

Need help navigating? stever@edmunds.com - or send a private message by clicking on my name.

• It appears the new Outlander is more agile then most of SUVs and even Mercedes C Class car:

Edmunds IL slalom test:

BMW X6 M: 68.6
    Outlander GT: 66.2
    Mercedes C: 65.8
    RDX: 65.7
    Cayenne Turbo X: 65.2
    BMW X3: 64.4
    Outlander XLS:63.9
    BMW X5 M 63.5
    MDX: 62.6
    LR2: 62
    Audi Q5: 61.9
    RAV4 LTD: 61.6
    MB GLK: 61.3
    Forester 2.5XT: 60.3
    Murano: 59.2
    MB ML350: 57.5
    Lincoln MKX: 57.3

Note, that the X6 M on the top of the list costs $95K
    This photo shows the steering wheel for the 2010 Outlander models in the USA:

imageSee more Car Pictures at CarSpace.com
    This photo shows the steering wheel for the 2010 Outlander models in the Protoptype and 2010 Outlanders sold in the Australia market:

imageSee more Car Pictures at CarSpace.com