Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Chrysler Town and Country EX/LX/LXi/Limited

Comments

• 97xpresso97xpresso Posts: 249
    I've read that reset of needle(s) can be achieved withou pulling the dash:
    " You might want to enter the cluster Self Test Mode to reset and recalibrate the guages. With the ignition OFF and the key out, hold down the TRIP button on the cluster until the Sof 3.2 or whatever displays in the odometer. The cluster will then issue any and all cluster Trouble Codes, and make the guage needles dance"
  • duck2duck2 Posts: 1
    I have a 2001 chrysler T & C LXI and the blower motor runs all the time when the engine is running. The power button has no effect except to change it to recirculating air,it will not turn the blower off. I replaced the fan relay, it still works the same as before,did not fix it.
    Any help would be appreciated.
    duck2
  • pfutzpfutz Posts: 7
    My Town and Country Van's battery recently had to be jumped. Once I jumped it and it started the stereo won't turn on. The equilizer lights blink and that is it. Does the stereo need to be "reset" somehow?
  • emerywdemerywd Posts: 1
    My 99 TC is doing same.,..when going slow or stopped to get gas or at stop light, temp goes all way to H and alarm comes on. When moving, temp goes down to normal. I have replace the fan relay sensor four times, and that corrects problem for a while, but the relay keeps breaking. I also replaced fans, as I was told this might short out relay. Still the relay switch for fan breaks. Also replaced thermostat as one of the hot episodes demolished it. What to do next????? I have spend nearly 1K on repairs. :mad:
  • jfz219jfz219 Posts: 63
    I test drove the Limited with and without the trailer package. The standard Limited suspension has the load leveling feature. We found the trailer package to be slightly harsher than we liked. We went with the standard and are pleased with the ride quality and control both empty and loaded.

I recommend testing both before you buy. In my '94, '96, '98, and '01, I have never had a cooling problem. Steering racks and pumps are a different story. I recommend the current TSB for fluid change ASAP.
  • rob69rob69 Posts: 3
    I have the same problem on my 96, getting ready to sell the vehicle & want to repair it....did you ever receive any replies for this? Robert RMo8235376@aol.com
  • rob69rob69 Posts: 3
    When the air & heat control is turned on, there is a thumping noise for 5 seconds near the glove compartment,,,,,,,how do I acess this area to look for a bad belt or pulley?
  • badgerfanbadgerfan Posts: 1,564
    The serpentine drive belt and pulleys are all accessed in the engine compartment, under the hood.
  • mismailimismaili Posts: 16
    Has anyone experienced thier van not starting without any reason, then after sitting for more than 24 hrs, apparently resetting, starting up as if nothing. Dealer stated it was the Computer. Replaced the computer and still have the same issue.
    Hi, has anyone replied to your issue, my 99 t/c will for no reason, not start, sit for more than 24 hours, then start up again. I have replaced the Computer per the dealers reccommendation, but still have the same issue.
  • davetsdavets Posts: 1
    2000 Limited T&C with 74,000 miles. Doors lock and unlock randomly whether the vehicle is running or not, moving or not. I cleaned the battery connections and the battery is newer. We don't use the key to lock or unlock the door but could a disarm switch still be bad? We've only had the vehicle a couple months and haven't done anything to it other than have the tranny flushed. Any ideas?
  • tysons4tysons4 Posts: 5
    Hi - Just purchased a lovely white 2002 T&C AWD and would appreciate knowing if anyone has any good links to Parts/accessories other than mopar.com.

Thanks!
  • lecorlecor Posts: 2
    Where to begin, but I'll make it brief. Our 2001 Chrysler Town & Country died at 41,000 miles. We had it in to the dealership for a blown air conditioner in May 2005 and mentioned that we also had problems with the car dying for no apparent reason other than acceleration or deceleration (usually in the summer here in AZ where it's over 100). They replaced the air conditioner (under warranty) but the dying problems got worse. Unfortunately, no codes were thrown until yesterday when the engine light came on (first time ever) and the car died. We had it towed to the dealership and we're hoping they'll get to it soon. This van has had all its maintenance and regular oil changes. Any ideas? Anyone else had this problem?
    Please tell me what the dealer says, my 99 T&C ltd. would not start after working fine. Sit for 24 hrs. then start. Began happening more frequently, Dealer recommended Computer. Changed the computer, happened more often till now where it hasn't started in 4 days. Tommorrow I will have it towed to a different dealer who state their a 5 Star dealer. (whatever that means) I saw a thread for the ignition switch, tried a new switch without success. You may contact me at mizafer@yahoo.com. Good luck
  • krw62krw62 Posts: 1
    I have the same problem and dealer has never heard of this happening before. It seems if you take the battery cables off and leave it sit for a while I don't have to wait 24 hrs. Very frustrating. Let me know if you found anything out. You can reply to krw62@yahoo.com
  • ClairesClaires Chicago areaPosts: 976
    Since this discussion is for the features, attributes, etc. of the T&C, you might get more feedback on your problems where other T&C owners are discussing theirs:

Dodge/Plymouth/Chrysler Minivan Problems

Need help getting around? claires@edmunds.com - or send a private message by clicking on my name.

• I had the same problem on the same vehicle. It was the keyless entry fob. I took it apart and cleaned the contacts. Solved the problem. - Steve
  • Today my TC started and died immediately, did this 3 times then it would not turn over.
    Called AAA and guy checked battery fuses etc. Said it was probably the starter or relay. He called tow truck to take to my mechanic. Tow driver backs up to van and gets my key to straighten wheels; turns key and van starts. I drive around park lot and start 2 more times. No more problems today!
    Any ideas?
  • hansiennahansienna Posts: 2,312
    Sounds like you need some help from the fine folk at Hogwarts. ;)
    Seriously, electrical problems can be VERY difficult to diagnose and correct.
  • ClairesClaires Chicago areaPosts: 976
    Jimwillie,

You might want to ask the folks in our Maintenance & Repair discussions. There are topics for "no-start problems" and "electronic gremlins" there, where the members might have some insights into your problem.

Need help getting around? claires@edmunds.com - or send a private message by clicking on my name.

• Do you think changing the serpentine belt would eliminate the noise,,,,it is showing signs of wear.
  • badgerfanbadgerfan Posts: 1,564
    It's hard to diagnoses noises over the internet!

If your serpentine belt is worn certainly it can generate noise, but whether replacing it will get rid of your "thumping" noise, I don't know. Turning on the AC engages the AC compressor and adds load to the serpentine belt, so there could be some interaction, I suppose.
  • rex4rex4 Posts: 3
    Thanks for the information. I have a 2002 T&C that is having this problem. Where is the drain tube located and how do I access it? Is this an easy fix?
  • I just bought a 2002 T&C limited, the passenger power sliding door will pop open but will not go back but will close okay (some times it works fine "intermitten"). Is this a common problem and how can it be fixed?
  • sbuddhsbuddh Posts: 1
    This is an old post but i am having exactly the same problem with my T&C 2000 at 46K miles. AAMCO tried fixing it for 4 weeks before they could fix and it did work for a week but i had to send it in today morning once again. Please let me know how did it go with Chrysler - i have a warranty with third party company and not directly with chrysler.
  • I'm experiencing the similar problem on my 94 T & C. The temp. gauge went all the way up when idling or going slow. It gets cool down on highway speed. In the pass when I turn on the AC, the fan will continue to run to keep it cool. But this time, the fan doesn't continue to run. It only ran for a few seconds then shut off, and continue the same patern. Any suggestion here? I have replaced the thermal stat, coolant temperature sensor, and the radiator cap. I will double check the fuse, and the radiator fan relay switch for the time being. Thank you very much for any suggestion or comments. :shades:
    Chrysler power sliding doors are much better designed than those on the Odyssey or Sienna since Chrysler power sliding doors work as easily without power as do the manual sliding doors on any minivan. ;)
    After looking more closely at my friend's new 2006 Sienna LE, I find that the Chrysler minivans have much better controls for the stereos and A/C. It baffles me why CR complains about Chrysler controls but my feelings are that CR loves to badmouth DaimlerChrysler even when Chrysler design is superior to their beloved Japanese brands.
    It annoys me that DC deleted many nice features contained on my low end 2002 T&C LX model. The 2006 T&C Limited does not look as luxurious as the interior of the 2006 Sienna LE even though the T&C Limited has an MSRP of almost $10,000 more than the Sienna LE. The top of the line 2006 T&C Limited does not look much nicer than the base T&C LX. :confuse:
    While having my 2002 T&C LX routine Oil and Oil Filter change today, I looked closely at a 2006 Chrysler T&C Limited MSRP $ 35, 735 option 29X Sirius Satellite radio $ 195 for bottom line $ 36,660.
    The T&C Limited IS MORE ELEGANT and LUXURIOUS inside than my friend's 2006 Sienna LE although the instrument panel of the Sienna is much more attractive.
    The T&C Touring and its clone GC SXT are NOT as attractive inside as is the Sienna LE but the DC minivans still have the most attractive exterior styling and the most well designed power sliding doors. ;)
  • tc2k4tc2k4 Posts: 1
    I have a 2004 T&C and the same thing happens. Mine will close until it gets to the "pop-open" point then stops. It has been rainy lately, so maybe it is weather related?
  • I have a 2001 T&C and just cleaned off the terminals to my battery and now I have the same issue as you are describing. Now my stereo does not work, and the equalizer lights just keep flashing, even when the car is off. Did you ever get yours resolved, and if so, how? What was the cause?