Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

2001 Montana HELP!

Flashing oil light at stop lights? temp is running hot all of a sudden. Low oil pressure? Started all of a sudden today other than that it runs great. Anyone have any ideas before I take it in. When its cold the light does not come on.

Comments

• kenniekennie Posts: 38
    I would seriously consider taking it in... if its running hot could
    be you have a circulation problem - could be very expensive if
    you keep driving it. Might be at least worth a quote at the dealership.
    Sorry to hear.
  • ray80ray80 Posts: 1,185
    Oul light flickering at stop lights/signs is quite often the sending unit (not to expensive to fix). The overheating could be a number of things, low coolant, T-stat, or pehaps low coolant due to lower intake manifold gaskets.
  • shawnnydshawnnyd Posts: 2
    Thanks, is there a way to check the sending unit? coolant level is good, thermostat appears to be working ( as soon as the can is driving it cools right down.) Thinking it may be the fans, they work when i hook them up directly but not when temp was up.
  • kenniekennie Posts: 38
    This is one area I just don't know about - is there an oil pump in vehicles? If it has been gradually getting hotter and hotter over a year or two could it be plugged manifolds? Curious how you got the fans to run... when I travel through the mountains I'd like to turn the fans on manually... Thanks.