Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

2013 and Earlier - Toyota Prius Prices Paid and Buying Experiences

Karen@EdmundsKaren@Edmunds Posts: 5,028
edited January 29 in Toyota
Share your next generation Prius shopping experiences here!

Karen-Edmunds Community Manager

Comments

• roy2001roy2001 Posts: 59
    I think price for 2010 Prius is pretty reasonable that dealers would mark it up. I plan to get a option II after sunner, hope I can get it close to, if not below, 22k.
  • wvgasguywvgasguy Posts: 1,405
    My dealer called to say he had pricing on the 2010 Prius. He is to send it to me at my home email tonight.
    You're in luck. I believe the Prius II will have a MSRP of $22,000 (includes shipping)

And the Prius I will be $21,000 and available later this fall
    My dealer was wrong. The price did not include shipping. Here's Toyota's link just out on pricing of the 2010 Prius. I'm in the process of trying to get a 2010 Blue Ribbon Prius V + NAV

http://pressroom.toyota.com/pr/tms/toyota/toyota-announces-prices-for-2010-89249- .aspx
    ..on a Prius V, Blue Ribbon w/ tan leather and NAV! Hopefully early June
  • Yep. Me too! I wonder if the colors are the same
    I woulod assume the Blue Ribbon is the same color as the Camry's Blue Ribbon.
  • feltfelt Posts: 105
    My Toyota dealer (small town, low volume) advised me that Toyota was delaying shipment for several months of the 2010 Prius. Anyone else hear that, or have any information?
    He may not have an allocation, being a small dealer, but they are already on the boat and showing up in the computers according to PriusChat
    Thanks, I had hoped they would not be delayed .... That is why I stated it was small town and low volume dealer.

There are large dealers in the area, and I will check with them.
    As much as I would like to have one as soon as they come out, my small dealer is not sure when his allocation will arrive. He has put in for my preferred package, but to get it exactly I may have to be patient. I don't really want to go to a large dealer, I am willing to wait to give these guys my business locally.
    Truthfully, I can wait also. But I have a hunch that gasoline prices are going to take a major hike soon (the only way congress can get us to buy "green.") I have not yet driven a Prius, so it is all a bit speculative at this time. The dealer has several 2009's, but there are features about the 2010 I like.

Thanks again.
    I have experience driving the HH and TCH so the system is familiar. My neighbor has two and I've followed blogs closely, but still I had never driven a Prius. So I drove a 2009 last week just to see if I could consider it, knowing the new one should handle and ride a little differently with the 17" wheels and stiffer shocks. The deep windshield will probably be the thing that takes the most getting used to. I found it to be roomy, but the 2010 will have less leg room in the back. However I just need to put two car seats in the back 99% of the time (grandkids) so the Highlander Hybrid will serve as transportation when there are more than 2 adults.

Considering why I'm buying it I found no reason not to want the 2010 model
  • kdhspyderkdhspyder Posts: 7,160
    Joe, the MSRP on the Prius II is $22000 prior to shipping and handling and excluding mats of any kind. I'm estimating that the II model will be right at $23000 or slightly above.
  • kdhspyderkdhspyder Posts: 7,160
    Some are here already on the W Coast. I believe that the EC vessel arrives around 5-29 then add a couple of weeks to the stores.
    You know me, I'm looking for a Prius V with Nav. I caught myself looking at the CTS again today so the Prius needs to come soon.
  • shay2shay2 Posts: 9
    Seems to be a glut of 2009 Prius in Northern California. Dealer told me they already had deposits on 75. Also said that toyota was going to slowly release them to keep up the "anticipation"
    Word out on PriusChat is they will all go on sale the first of June rather than trickle in and hit the streets. Perhaps every state or large city should have a BBQ party on the evening of June 1st after everyone picks up thier car from the first shipments. Everyone could come out together on that first day and see all the different colors and features.
  • civicbuyercivicbuyer Posts: 7
    Hello -- I had a great experience here about 4 years ago getting help with buying my Civic. Now I'm back and thinking of getting a Prius now that they have a 0% deal and WA state tax exemption going. Last time was the first time I'd ever bought a new car, so I still have questions!

I may only want to buy the car at this time if I can get the 0% deal. If I can't get it, I'd prefer to wait awhile and look at my other options. My husband and I both have excellent credit, so I'm thinking if anyone can qualify, it should be us. How soon am I able to find out if I would qualify? Last time, financing was almost the last thing to happen. I called around to get quotes, then went down to test drive the car and spent some time waiting around for the finance guy to try and sell me all his junk. :) I was prepared with my own financing which they were able to beat.

Also, I'm wondering: Do you suppose they only offer these 0% deals when the rest of the deal works for them -- i.e. purchase price? If I haggle the price down far enough, will they suddenly say "Ooooh sorry, no 0% for you" ? Seems logical (though disappointing).

I think that's it for now. Thanks in advance!
    The 0% is from Toyota Finance not the dealer. I see no reason from what you've said to think you wouldn't qualify. Visit the dealer strike the deal and follow the process. You can always walk out.