Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

2013 and Earlier - Toyota Prius Prices Paid and Buying Experiences

Comments

• Thanks, all. I went back yesterday and canceled everything. With great satisfaction, I may add :P

I used truecar.com and ended up getting the IV (white which is a little more expensive) with solar roof/navigation for 29,158 and got them to include the window tinting. I did the 36 month financing at 0% with nothing down. Based on my research, that's quite good.
  • jayriderjayrider Posts: 3,329
    Bought my prius IV through truecar and was very happy with the process. And I love this car . The seats are as good or better than any luxury brand I looked at.
    Had to reject the same stuff at closing. You may want to check out Toyota Authorized extended warranties. Got mine for $654 7year/75k miles/zero deduct. Priuschat has them as well as several online dealers.
  • CapeCodCapeCod Posts: 117
    I seems like I NEVER ask the right question of the sales person so let me try asking here. I'm looking at 2010 Prius... around 10k for mileage. It appears Toyota will offer me 2.9% financing. I will be buying the car as a certified vehicle. The Certified Warranty gives me 3month/3000 mile bumper to bumper. Here is my question... Is the 3m/3k warranty only in effect if the normal factory warranty (which the car is still under based on age and miles) has run out? I am truly hoping you will say the Factory Warranty transfers to me for the rest of the Bumper to Bumper period (is it 3 year of 5 year I forget). But then I do get the advantage of the 7yr/100k certified power train warranty after the B2B runs out, right??? Damn, I hate buying cars!
    You will not be getting enough of a discount [if any] on a 2010 certfied prius. Buy new or buy an 08 or 09.
  • Just wanted to post details of my transaction:

Purchased a Model III w/ Nav (no other options except floor mats) in Winter Grey for $24,500 in Southern California. Got the 0.9% financing over 48 months. Was also offered the $500 cash back but you have to take that OR the financing, so opted for the 0.9% with nothing down.

Hope this helps ppl out.
  • sanaustinsanaustin Posts: 1
    edited November 2010
    Hi All, looking to get a new White Prius II base in Austin and was quoted a Costco price of $22,402 (+TTL) in Austin Texas. Includes $1000 cash-back incentive.

Appreciate any insight if this is a good deal or not. Only additional option on this one is premium mats.

Thanks for the help. With the 2011's coming, want to really be sure if this is worth going for.

Sandeep
  • Ok, here I am a 48 year old truck and suv owner considering a Prius to replace my Honda Pilot. I must have a truck to tow a trailer once in a while and for DIY type hauling. I was all set to get a new F150 and trade in both vehicles but now am thinking that my limited use of a truck and :confuse: my frugal nature tells me to go for the green---anybody going to talk me down ? We have 4 small dogs and travel 350 miles rountrip to Table Rock lake 10-15 times a year, will I be able to handle this trip in a Prius as well as drive her daily?
    I'm 64 and retired. I bought my prius because I wanted a hatchback with comfy leather seats. It cost 25k. Get about 50mpg. I like the ride and the room. I looked at a Ford Focus and for 8k less and would have been happy with that except no hatchback. I also had a trade-in and the prius dealer really overpaid me so I went with the toyota. If you don't need leather -- a base prius II is in the low 20's. The 2010 Hyundai Elantra is similar sized and selling for 16k.
    I love my Prius and am happy with my choice. Go drive one and test drive others as well. Are you looking for a car with options or is cloth seats-auto-a/c all you want ? In base cars the Camry and Accord are bigger-cheaper and get decent mpg. Pick your poisen.
  • msmbmsmb Posts: 41
    I am 61 and bought a base 2010 Prius II. cost was just under 21,000. I have had it since September but only have about 1800 miles on it. So far so good. My mileage is around 48 with a combination of town and highway driving. i find my town driving to be lower than the predicted mileage; it actually pulls down my overall mileage though based on the manufacturers specification you would expect it to be otherwise. But I think that is becasue I do lots of very short trips in town. By the time the car warms up, which uses the gas engine I am at the supermarket. Then the car cools off and must warm up again. The car is really larger than you would expect from the way it looks outside. It is also much quieter than i expected. some noise when revving up to high speed but good. I find that I am driving differently in town. much slower build up of speed, and driving at lower speeds. i am not sure if this is causing me to improve my gas mileage or just the opposite. You should be just fine on your regular trips. I would bet that you average around 49 mpg or better. This car does not drive like a race car; but gives you a good, solid ride. The only thing I might do differently is I might have bought the radar feature to keep you in the lane and make sure you do not get too close to another vehicle. But that would be the case with any vehicle that offered those options.
  • rebdrebd Posts: 4
    edited December 2010
    Yesterday I purchased a 2010 Prius (IV) Silver Ext / Ash leather with options as listed below.

Prius IV (26,600) plus the delivery/handling fee (775). Plus distributor installed options: Carpet Mats and Trunk Mat (msrp 399.00), Nano Heat Rejection Window Tint (msrp 399.00), Rear Bumper Protector (msrp 99.00). Dealer installed aftermarket option: A (50-genk4535) Int rear view mirror with camera, homelink and compass (msrp "900") Total Options Msrp = $1797

The total (pre-tax/tag) sticker price with all the options = "$29,172.10"

My negotiated cost (pre-tax/tag) for the Prius IV and all the options above was 25,060.84 plus a dealer fee 699= $25760.79

Taxes (after trade-in) 1006.96, Reg/title/tag 125.00, elec filing 98 and misc etc 9.25= $1239.21

The total "out the door" cost including taxes and fees= $27,000.

I also had a trade-in allowance of $9500 for a 2006 Prius III with 55k miles.
    Subtracting my trade-in allowance, my out the door difference was $17,500.

I will also get reimbursed the difference of dealer charges for the tag/title fees vs the actual cost. Perhaps I could have done a little better, but overall I'm very pleased with my purchase given the time and energy I put into it. So far I'm averaging 53 mpg!
  • Hello all,
    I just bought a Prius V with the Technology package (Blue exterior, dark grey leather), with 2 year free service. My out the door cost was 30k even. You think I got a decent deal?
    Thanks!
  • jhinscjhinsc Posts: 399
    I bought my Barcelona Red two weeks ago. I paid slightly more than $26,000, but I was also upside down on my trade by about $1,300 which was factored in the final price for the cap cost on my lease. I'm loving it so far! My favorite feature is the 50+ mpg on last 2 tanks, and the keyless entry.
  • You got the Technology package for $30k out the door? Or is it the Navigation package? Seems like a great deal to me. Please let me know which dealer. I'd be willing to travel to NOVA for that deal. Thanks.
  • Hi bond4james, thanks for the info. Does your price ($24,500) include CA State Tax or did you calculate that separately? Thanks in advance.
  • I got my Prius III with Navi in SoCal for $24000 with floor mats , GAP was $500 and security alarm for another $500 extra. $0 down for 3 years, 12000 miles (red) for $304 per month.
  • Got my Prius III for around $22K (without Tax. Licen. Doc fees) in S.CA
  • dan19dan19 Posts: 10
    Paid 29,350 for a Prius V, tech package (include Navi), floor and cargo mats, pin striping, bumper guard, ToyoGuard paint/seat protection; price includes $595 dealer prep. Got this price thru USAA. Bought in GA while I live in TN. I still have to pay the sales taxes. I think I got a great deal.
  • Which dealer? I am looking for a Prius V with Navi. Thanks.
  • I just tried USAA and it's giving me a price of $31,499+ tax for the Prius V with tech package. I already have quotes of $28,560+ tax for a Prius V with navigation package from a dealer in KY and one in OH.
  • dan19dan19 Posts: 10
    I bought my car from Marietta Toyota in Marietta, GA. The USAA price varies by city and by week. When I first started looking, I was quoted the price that I eventually paid. One week later, though, the price at the same dealership had gone up over $1,000. They would honor the original price on only the one Prius V with Tech Pkg that they had in stock. It was my last choice in colors, black, but the price was right. Good luck in your search. Be sure to regularly check the USAA prices. Perhaps your timing will be right like mine was.
  • Thanks. Doesn't look like Marietta has any more Vs with Tech. Although the Tech package isn't what I'm really looking for, I may have to see if I can come close to matching your deal. If not, I'll probably just get the V with Navigation package, which is what I originally wanted anyway.
  • Sorry for the delay. It was Fairfax Toyota, OTD was 30,500. Tech package and Nav, 17in wheels, every option except the sun roof which isn't available on the V.
    Good luck.
  • hi,
    can you tell me which dealer you got your Prius III at? I'm also looking for one in SoCal. Thanks.
  • I have an offer to me for a new 2010 Prius II for $19800 (after $1500 rebate) + ttl. What is the lowest anyone has recieved on one so far? I want to squeeze for every dollar at year end.
  • needacar21needacar21 Posts: 2
    edited December 2010
    What is the best possible OUT OF DOOR price for a Prius 2010, III with Navigation package. Please let me know.
  • Best price I've seen in N.CA is 19,888 at Fremont Toyota.
    Where did you get the 19800? I'm looking for a level II in the
    Sacramento area.
  • I believe you have squozen ever dollar. Does it have any options at that price?
  • I best price they quoted me for 2010 Prius II is 21553 at Sportscity Toyota in Dallas, tX. Is there any other place to get a better price?
    Thanks
    Nat
  • How did you negotiate the price, Can you please suggest me some tips.
    Thanks
    Nat
  • I got quote (out of the door price) from dealer for 2010 prius II "$23285.00" without any packages? It 's good price, any good deal around Bay area? I know they have $1500 cash back promotion now.