Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

2013 and Earlier - Toyota Prius Prices Paid and Buying Experiences

Comments

• stillageekstillageek Posts: 101
    edited December 2010
    Paid $25973 (excluding TT&L) For a Blizzard Pearl Prius IV no nav or sunroof. Had the following Gulf States Distributor Add-Ons

pecial Color: $220
    Window Tint: $299
    - (Compliant With The Laws Of La, Tx, Ar, Ok, And Ms)
    Vehicle Shield Package: $349
    - Lusterizing Sealant
    - Sound Shield
    - Sealant Cleaner
    - Rental Car Assistance
    Owner Rewards Package: $600
    - "spider" Net
    - Rear Bumper Protector
    - Premium Carpet Mat Set
    - Door Sill Enhancements
    - Carpet Floor Mats
    - Trunk Mat

Sticker was $28,473. Got 0% for 5 years in lieu of the $1000 Toyota Rebate. Great car. We already have a 2004.
  • Check http://fitzmall.com. They usually have the lowest prices and all pricing is listed online. Purchased a Camry from them last year and none of my local dealers would match their price.
  • I just bought a prius II for $21000 + 0% apr from grappone in NH. Seems like a good deal based on what I've seen here. What I'm less sure about is the extended warranty: $1170 to extend to 8 years or 75,000 mi (also financed at 0%). Should I keep it (I guess I have a month to decide)?
  • jayriderjayrider Posts: 3,322
    A 7 year 75k toyota warranty cost me $651. Go to priuschat -- register and search for the warranty. Two or three dealers sell direct at that cost. My dealer matched that price.
  • We went to Toyota Scion of Wallingford. We started to negotiate at Consumer Reports recommendation which was 24,293. Of course he was not going for it. We then told them we did our homework and this is what consumer report suggested and showed them the True Market Price that edmunds gives which was 24,687. He laughed and said Edmunds does not sell cars and we don't review cars. They don't know what they are talking about. He wanted around 25300. I told him my bottom line was 24,800. He would not accept the price and we walked out.
  • Went to the local dealer to sit in a Prius for the first time during the middle of the week when no other customers were there. I let the salesman knowing I was debating waiting on the 2011 Hyundai Sonata Hybrid. As we were walking to the car the sales manager comes out to introduce himself. He asked what I thought and I told him Fremont had 5 advertised at $19800 and asked if he would match. He didn't hesitate and said yes. I then asked if I still get the military on top of that making it $19300 and he said yes. In Cali doc fee is limited to $55. My only sticking point is I don't want to pay Cali taxes wich is $1K more than my home state of Florida. I probably call Carson City, NV to see if they will match and let me pay FL taxes. Otherwise I will take leave fly home and buy...atleast the money saved will pay for the trip home.
  • Is $24800 out-of-door tag title prius iii, with navigation & solar package. Is this right price?
  • hi:
    can you tell me which dealer you went to for that price?
  • Vacaville, but remember it is who you talk to and what you say. They know if you leave to go to another dealer the odds of coming back is slim.
  • OK, so who should I speak to? (Who did you speak to to get this deal?) Should I just walk in and be like, "I know someone who got a Prius from you for 19,800, and I know you can give me the same deal"? Or should I be more coy?

Thanks for the advice in advance, this is my first car purchase ever and I need all the help I can get!
  • Also...FYI
    I called Carson City, NV to see if they will do the tax thing, too...as I am a resident of PA and my taxes are 6% there...the guy I spoke to (I forget his name, but he was really nice, someone in the finance department) said that they would call the DMV or whatever relevant agencies in my county in PA (including perhaps another car dealership) to figure out what the taxes would be there, and then they would issue a check or something to cover the difference of what I would pay in NV taxes towards my registration fees in PA, so theoretically, I would be only paying PA taxes for the vehicle.
    Hope this helps!
  • we just just picked up a toyota prius III navi and blizzard pearl updraded color for 24555 from our credit union broker-
    AutoNation Direct
  • Kirstie_HKirstie_H Posts: 10,890
    A reporter is interested in talking with recent car-buyers and car-shoppers who strongly considered the impact of rising gasoline prices when making a purchase decision.
    Please email your daytime contact information to pr@edmunds.com by Friday, January 7, 2010 to be interviewed.

Need help navigating? kirstie_h@edmunds.com - or send a private message by clicking on my name.
    Share your vehicle reviews

• Just got a 2011 Prius IV with Solar Package for $28,000 (MSRP $32,115, Invoice $30,407). Leased for $389 down, $309/month for 15,000 miles per year in Raleigh, NC.

How does that compare? They gave me a great trade in as well @ full Kelly Blue Book. Is this a decent deal?

Thanks in advance!
  • You dont have to buy it in FL. Just buy it out in CA and register it in FL - where you will pay the taxes. I bought a car in MD and registered it in FL it is no big deal.
  • Unfortunately CA state law is if you buy and take delivery in CA the dealer is required to collect CA tax. I bought my Odessey from a CA dealer, but had them deliver it to the first exit past the state line, savings was close to $3K. This law is keeping me from buying the Prius here. I'll just wait to go on leave and buy elsewhere. Another example of CA chasing business outside the state. ...future Prius owner
  • Karen_CMKaren_CM Posts: 5,018
    A reporter is interested in talking with recent owners ( within the last month) or people who are considering purchasing a hybrid or a pickup truck. If you are interested in commenting on your experience, please reply to pr@edmunds.com no later than 12pm PST on March 1st, 2011 and include your name, state of residence, the model year of your vehicle and your phone number.

Community Manager If you have any questions or concerns about the Forums, send me an email, karen@edmunds.com, or click on my screen name to send a personal message.

• stockmanjoestockmanjoe Posts: 353
    edited March 2011
    I see. I'd never heard of that before but people tell me that it is the same thing in VA. If you buy the car there you have to pay their taxes. In TN active duty pay no sales taxes on new car purchases if you show the dealer a set of your orders.
  • lasaablasaab Posts: 8
    Hi there,

I'm trying to figure out the best possible lease deal available in California (I'm based in Los Angeles) for a Prius IV. Looking to lease something by April 1.

I don't really care about any of the upgrade options other than leather and navigation, but from what I'm told it makes more sense to get the Prius IV than to look for a Prius III with these two things added.

I want a lease for 24 or 36 months, don't want to put anything other than tax/title/tags down, and need 12k miles per year.

I'd love to get as close to $300 a month including tax as possible. Is that realistic? Whats rates and deals are out there?

Also, are they still leasing 2010 models or do I have to get a 2011 model (and is there a big difference in the models?)?

Thanks!
    A
  • bondguy1bondguy1 Posts: 228
    I am currently leasing a Buick Enclave (huge gas guzzler)...about 18 MPG. My lease is up in early June...I am over by about 9K miles at .15/mile. Locally, here in Florida, they are offering 0% financing on 2011's in 3,4 or 5 year financing. They don't discount from sticker but 0%. I know I want either the IV or V model....not sure I care to spend more on the V for a self parking thing I don't need. I haven't even driven one yet and am planning to go to my local dealer this coming weekend. Need help on options that are good to have. I do like the remote a/c start thing. I have remote engine start on my Enclave and it is great in the hot days of Florida to have the car cooled before I get inside. I need leather seats (either package). And, we purchased at a one price dealer 7 years ago in Manchester, NH (named Autofair Totyota). It was a great experience. They arranged trucking it to FL and financing too. I don't mind going out of state but I don't want to get a better price up front and pay for it on the financing back end percentage. Any help would be appreciated...thanks in advance. BTW, my Sienna XLE Limited (2004) is still going strong....just broke 159K miles and never a day of problems.
    I bought a IV with mats and nothing else. Has everything I need. For 10k less you can buy a 2011 Ford Focus SEL with leather. I wanted a hatchback or might have gone that route. MPG is fine for the Focus and the 10k difference will likely never be made up with the higher mpg in the Prius.
    You don't want to pay anything down in a lease. Add the $51 to the lease to cover your 1999 and then divide the sales tax by 39. Assuming the msrp is 24400 then your monthly payment is about 240 without tax and fees. At 1% of the msrp, the lease is very good. There should be some discount off msrp however [with gas skyrocketing maybe not]. Keep in mind that you are leasing beyond the 36 month warranty so a 36 month lease makes more sense. Your payment will be higher of course.
  • juliannmjuliannm Posts: 2
    Jayrider,

Went to the dealership and basically they said they take it or leave it. They can't keep the Prius in stock, in fact, they don't have any 2011 models on the lot (and won't have any for the next 3-5 weeks.) .

They also had 2 CPO'S -- 2008 and 2009 for $22,100 and $22,700 -- both with 25k mileage. It doesn't make sense to me to buy used for this price when I can get a new for 24K+ which seems to include 2 years free maintenence? My brain hurts.

Thanks for your help -- these forums are so helpful (also sorry for posting the lease question in wrong section)

juliann
  • May I know your dealer. I am shopping for a new prius II.

Thanks,
  • mankumanku Posts: 33
    I'm thinking about a Prius as my current (audi) car lease is up...not thrilled about the car, but cheaper insurance and gas offset the lack of driving excitement.

In any case, I have been quoted 309/month, first month free (only dmv) + state taxes for a Prius III in white...no nav or sunroof. Seems like a decent deal, especially with some dealers now deciding not to discount the Priuses with gas prices spiking. Comments anyone?

Unfortunately, my lease wasn't up in October...my friend got a V with NAV for the same price!
  • sachin24ksachin24k Posts: 31
    I got one last year for $300 for 36 months, $0 down, Prius III with Nav, Red, 12000 miles/ year, $16800 residual in san diego.

Let me know if you need more details
  • mankumanku Posts: 33
    Unfortunately, last year they were giving them away...not only was the residual higher, but the money factor was virtually zero. also, with bad toyota publicity and slightly lower gas prices, demand was much lower.

Good buy on your car...congrats!
    When I bought my prius in August, the 2 local lots had 70 cars on their lots. Now there are 6. A few are loaded IV's and V's priced in the mid 30's. Not a good time to buy around here. Bad trades and lots of dealer add-ons. I'm surprised and pleased to hear of anyone getting a deal in this market.
  • juliannmjuliannm Posts: 2
    Toyota dealer in Doraville Ga
  • jiaminjiamin Posts: 556
    Hi, I am in North California. Three dealers in south Bay Area quoted virtually the same, around $24839, plus tax, license, etc.

Is it a good enough price? I am on the fence now.