Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

2013 and Earlier - Toyota Prius Prices Paid and Buying Experiences

Comments

• tai1tai1 Posts: 6
    I was told there won't be lease deal after today. Well.. it could be a sale pitch. :confuse: I am in Indiana. The new deal is 2.9% APR for 60 mo.
  • Karen_CMKaren_CM Posts: 5,020
    If you bought a new Toyota since Feb or are thinking about it, a reporter wants to hear from you. Email pr@edmunds.com by Wednesday, April 7, 2010.

Community Manager If you have any questions or concerns about the Forums, send me an email, karen@edmunds.com, or click on my screen name to send a personal message.

• johnxyzjohnxyz Posts: 94
    Anyone? June, September ,December? I'm trying to plan the selling of my car and I want a 2011 Prius - gotta think the problem w/ the braking s/w would be resolved w/. the new models rather then getting a 2010 today. Thanks
  • you might want to think if it is just a software problem with the brakes then all a car would need is a software update just like a computer does. Since it was just redesigned, I don't believe Toyota would have had the time to develop a new regen braking system, test it out, manufacture it, and have them ready for 2011. So whether you get a 2010 or 2011 it is probably gonna be the same car.

I've driven my Prius III for almost 3 weeks now (1800mi) with no problems. Yes the regen brakes don't enjoy a stretch of frequent bumps (I mean washboard like) but all you have to do is press harder on the brakes and it slows down just fine.
  • Just anounced 36 months 0%,48 months 1.9%, or 60 months at 1.9%. The Tacoma Washington dealership do $99 over invoice price as well and good till 4/15.
  • Where was this announced? None of the dealers in my area (Illinois) have any knowledge of this. Best they have is 2.9% in lieu of the $750 rebate.
  • shellzshellz Posts: 33
    I just purchased a Prius IV with special paint, solar roof package, mats, window tint, and the vehicle shield package on Tuesday, April 6th.

MSRP for this car was $33,103 including destination and out the door price was $30,413 plus tax, title, and license fees. By my calculations, this price was a $2,690 discount or $273 above Edmund's invoice. I also took advantage of the 2.9% financing for 60 months and the free maintenance for 2 years.

I located and negotiated the price of the vehicle in the morning and picked up the car that night. The winning dealership was Champion Toyota; Joe Myers was my second choice. Overall, a very pleasant experience!
  • Ok.. so when looking through Edmunds site, there is a listing that shows the Prius IV (and packages) with invoice pricing, then MSRP pricing. When speaking w/dealers, almost ALL of them insist the MRSP IS the invoice and won't budge, and refuse to deal w/Edmunds or Consumer Report invoice numbers.

So, for example, Sheliz mentioned he purchased the vehicle for IV/SY for ~30,400k. Edmunds invoice for that same vehicle is 28,338 (24,762 base + 3,564 solar)...maybe the shield/tint/special paint (?) ran the additional 2k?

Anyone successful in working from the invoice numbers and NOT the MSRP/sticker price?
  • Oct. 2010. Rumored to be able to order sunroof w/o having to purchase all the extra bs.
  • sushiman58sushiman58 Posts: 3
    edited April 2010
    Wondering how I did compared to other's Smithtown Long Island No hassle was looking at the Camry and decided that driving the 40 miles on the HOV lane each way was worth the extra dollars

got a Prius II with 20K a year lease miles 36 months 60K miles
    Carpet mats
    Took the Platinum warranty 3/80 wanted to be covered as i dont want any suprises So I should be safe for the next 3 years

364 a month
    521 out the door first month 364 and $157 Motor vehicle fees

Purchase option of $13732 after the 36 months

Tell me what you think
  • I think that you did pretty well given your parameters.

I just leased a Prius II the other day from Royal Palm Toyota here in Florida. The sticker price on the vehicle (including the upcharge for Blizzard White paint, carpet mats and Toyoguard Plus Protection Group) was $24,892. My lease payments for 36 months, 15k miles / year with $2,700 out of pocket and a residual value of $17,500 will be $198.00 per month.
  • miataman4miataman4 Posts: 1
    I made a last minute bid tonight on a new Prius that was being auctioned for a PBS fund raiser. To my profound surprise I had the high bid.

This looked like a great deal to me, but I haven't been shopping around. Confirmation from folks here that I'm getting it at a decent price might help to put my wife at ease. I mentioned the auction to her about 20 minutes before bidding closed and said I was thinking of putting in a bid at around $20k. I told her I thought the car would likely fetch a lot more, but I couldn't resist giving it a shot. When I told her I won the auction she thought I was either kidding or nuts.

I hope our two border collies will fit okay!

:shades:
  • dturrdturr Posts: 70
    Hi. Did the out of pocket include all the dealer fee's and other stuff associated with a lease. Was the tax and tags on top of that? Thanks
  • msrkumarmsrkumar Posts: 7
    I used truecar.com to find the certified 'best price' in my area (Chicago) and emailed that quote to dealers near me. Naperville Toyota had the car I wanted- Blizzard Pearl w Navi and a few PPO options on the lot. They also matched carmax's appraisal of my trade in. I got a good deal. MSRP $31,507; Paid $28652 after the $1000 rebate +tax, title/license. Schaumburg toyota had the certified price on truecar- but I did not go there as they are not near me.
  • sachin24ksachin24k Posts: 31
    Can anyone guide on how much should I expect as monthly expense if I buy a Prius for say OTD is $25,000, if I am financing say 90% of the total cost? Please include insurance info also for clarity.

I have enquired with a credit union which offers $18.5 per $1000 auto loan.

thanks in advance
  • sachin24ksachin24k Posts: 31
    What is your total expence per month including insurance etc ... (excluding gas)
  • car_a_to_bcar_a_to_b Posts: 1
    I just bought a Prius II for 21,450$ +DMV/taxes in northern California(bay area). I did my whole negotiation using the edmunds.com dealer contact and just went to dealer & signed the paper. I didn't buy the extended warantty from the dealer. Considering buying it from out of state Toyota dealer with a better deal. If you have any question I will be happy to help.
  • encinlaencinla Posts: 1
    Just curious where you heard this about sunroof. I am shopping for Prius now, willing to pay for BlueTooth and better sound system but don't want Nav, etc. that comes with sunroof. I don't know if my current car will last me through Oct. though! Thanks.
  • exbauerexbauer Posts: 13
    I purchased a 2010 Prius IV with solar, blizzard pearl charge, and floor and cargo mats for $28,788 including destination. I took the $1,000 rebate and it was $27,788. The MSRP was $31,650 including destination. This was in Chicagoland.