Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

2013 and Earlier - Toyota Prius Prices Paid and Buying Experiences

Comments

• dstone4dstone4 Posts: 2
    Hi,

I just got a quote form a dealer for a Prius III w/ Nav for $25,051 (includes destination, but not taxes/DMV fees).

He said this was slightly under invoice. I've tried to do lots of research (on my 4th straight hour) but still can't figure out if this is a decent price or not. I'm gonna buy, not lease.

Is this a good deal?
  • jayriderjayrider Posts: 3,204
    try truecar or overstock -- they will give you a fair price -- here in southern illinois got a price of 25051 on a IV msrp 27360. Still working on trade.
  • dstone4dstone4 Posts: 2
    I tried both truecar aand overstock, is it me, or are they basically the same website? Anyways, it says that I'm almost exactly at "average value". Does that mean there's likely a better deal out there if I look for one?
    edited August 2010
    don't they give you dealer referrals with best prices? They do in my zip code.
    did 94401 and got dealers giving 2200 off base III.
  • dwynnedwynne Posts: 4,018
    And don't be afraid to try other ZIP codes as well :D . If no local dealers are giving nice prices then expand the search. Folks should try the Edmunds dealer referral system, carsdirect, zag (Overstock, AMEX, etc), and any other similar system that offers free and easy dealer pricing.
    Good advice !
  • mleomleo Posts: 10
    I am looking to lease my first hybrid, a 2010 Prius II.

Can anybody tell me if the current lease deal on the Prius II available in my area is a good deal? It's $259 per mo., zero down, first payment due at signing, 36 mo., 12k mi. per year, no security.

Can I do better or is this good enough to go in and get them to meet these terms?

Here it is from their site-

Lease a 2010 Prius for $259/Month for 36 Months $259 due at lease signing* Excludes official fees, taxes and dealer charges. No security deposit required.*

*Due at signing includes $0 down, first $259 payment, and no security deposit. Tax, Tags, and Insurance are extra.

Customer is responsible for excessive wear and excess mileage charges of $.15 per mile in excess of 36,000 miles. Your payment may vary based on final negotiated price.

Prius Model 1223, MSRP $23,560.

Thanks!
    Sounds like a great deal to me -- if you like the prius -- I do. 1% of msrp before taxes is the gold standard. you are very close.
  • I purchased prius III Silver, with Tint and floor mats and dust guards for $23,068 in Dallas. OTD was $24,800. I think it's a pretty good deal considering that I also got 0% financing.
  • strike1strike1 Posts: 1
    Bought a pruis 4 with car mats and appearance package for 24600 cash in Kansas. Can anyone give mme a name or names to call for lowest extended warranty. My dealer will match any Toyota EW price, thanks
  • I live in AZ and I leased a 2010 Prius II for $218.13 + $19.85 Tax for a Total of $237.98. It has mats and Blizzard White Peral Paint.
    Total MSRP is $24,980.00 including freight. I think they said the money factor was 0.00085%. I used an old car as a down of $2000.00.
    It is a 36 mo. 12k lease. I really like the car alot.
  • I forgot to mention that the residual, is $16,194.00. The thing I don't know is if it was a good deal. This is my first lease. I am happy with the payment, and I am very happy with the car. It is my first hybrid.
    We received the paperwork for our 2 year free maintenance plan for the Prius III we picked up back at the end of June.

A couple of things to note:

It appears the service coupons can only be used at the SELLING DEALER and not at any Toyota dealer. We travelled a bit to get the right car at the right price and were not planning on going back to the selling dealer for service.

The Prius appears to now come with synthetic oil so our free plan give us just 2 oil changes over its life: 10k and 20k. The other coupons (5k,15k,and 25k) are for tire rotations and "chassis lubes" and inspection stuff

So while not worthless, they are worth less than we thought this free perk would be :)
    Car_Man (and others) is this a good deal on a Prius II (blizzrad white)? Only option is floor mats. Thanks!

Price: 21,738
    term: 36
    residual: 14,820
    mi. per year: 15k
    acq fee: 650
    Gov fee: $68
    taxes: $777
    doc fee: $120

Zero down
    Initial payment: $261
    35 mo. thereafter $261
    All taxes and fees rolled in.
  • This is probably not true. If you purchased your car with Toyota's free maintenance plan (vs made by your dealership) during the national promotion - then these certificates are valid at any dealership, even though the selling dealership is pre-printed on them. I bought my Prius in March 2010 and had the same question. I service the car at different dealerships without a problem.
    Yes, during the (still going on) national promo. We intend to try to use them at a local dealership, but they really appear to be good only at the selling dealership. We will see, hopefully you are still correct :D .
  • kc70kc70 Posts: 3
    We just got a 2010 Prius III: MSRP $27010 our price $24327.6

The salesman said he'll give me $1000 under invoice. The invoice on Edmunds, and KBB was $24945. His invoice price was $25327.60. I thought it was still a good price based on other quotes I was given, so we took it. But now, I thought I should've added up his invoice price to show that his invoice prices did not add up.

OTD price was $28695.83 because we also bought the extended platinum warranty (8yrs/100000 miles) for $1775.

Was this a good price?
    You can get the warranty for $1050 from midwest toyota.
  • kc70kc70 Posts: 3
    For 8yrs/100000 miles and platinum coverage?