Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

2013 and Earlier - Toyota Prius Prices Paid and Buying Experiences

Comments

• gopriusgoprius Posts: 15
    I purchased the 7 year/100,000 mi extended warranty for $1440 (with 0% financing too) from 355 Toyota in Rockville.
  • felixdcfelixdc Posts: 9
    Just got a Prius II for @22700 plus TTL at Dublin Toyota in Northern California. Also got a 1.99% for 5 years thru my Credit union.
  • jordanbev5jordanbev5 Posts: 2
    Shopped around but received best deal from Daytona Toyota. Purchased 2012 Prius IV for $27,563. Red, leather package, pin stripes, mats, Aux cable for Ipod hook up, new tag, taxes for Orlando, dest. fee came out $30,460 plus given $25 visa card for traveling to pick it up. Coupon for this is on their web site. Emailed Jermaine Lewis, but handled by "JB" Bland, New Sales consultant. Got the no interest deal too!!
    Toyota Orlando wouldn't deal and quoted me $2000 more for a Prius III with leather put on. Couldn't get deal except through this dealership. Tons of cars on other lots to test drive but Daytona Toyota had the deal and the cars with it!!! Am very pleased with their professionalism, no run arounds. Would buy with them again, anytime!
    Beverly Jordan
  • mja216mja216 Posts: 4
    I have a quote for a Prius III with solar moonroof carpet and cargo net for 25999. I am in Minnesota. I think this is about as good as it is going to get. thoughts
  • nish23nish23 Posts: 1
    Hey jwlbel,

I am looking to buy Prius II 2012, I checked pricing thru Costco Program but seems like you got better deal without on Prius 3. Only thing is that this dealership is offering life time oil change and life time tire replacement. How much was Prius II at DCH Torrance? Did you have to purchase extended warranty in order to get $23,688 (pre taxes)? Can you provide your sales person name at DCH Torrance? Thanks in adv for any info!!!
  • kyfdxkyfdx Posts: 28,432
    You may include the dealership name, city and state in your post. Please do not post names of salespeople, telephone numbers, email addresses, or other contact information.

Prices Paid, Lease Questions, SUVs

• tjmalonetjmalone Posts: 1
    I'm in the market for a new Prius, but wanted to share my experience with my current Prius.

I have a long commute (54 miles one way), and have, over the last eight years, put 266,000 miles on this great little car. The only maintenance has been to replace the catalytic converter, and some routine brake work. Otherwise, I religiously change the oil (at Jiffy Lube) every 5,000 miles, and have the tires rotated as recommended.

I routinely get 52 - 54 MPG in the Spring and Fall. Winters and summers I get ~48, depending on the outside temperature.

I had expected the mileage to go down after the 80K miles battery warranty period, but mileage has remained steady. The only reason I'm getting a new one is that one of my kids just graduated from college, and needs a car. So, my Prius will become a hand-me-down, and I'll get a new one (I'm looking at a Prius IV).
  • buy_priusbuy_prius Posts: 1
    edited June 2012
    Just bought yesterday 2012 Prius 3, with default options.

25500 OTD with 3% financing. This includes 2 yrs of maintenance and 3 yrs default warranty. Looking for better financing deal though.
  • If you are looking to refinance check Pen Fed credit union they were running 1.9 % rateas and you don't need to be military or live in DC area to join. To refinance a new case you may need to wait a months. Or two for the first title to be processed.
  • mokiavellimokiavelli Posts: 47
    Check out the OC Register ads online. Go to the cars section and under dealer ads. You will see a dealer (Orange) that has the Prius II for less than $22k. Every week they have 10 at that price.
  • sjlgsjlg Posts: 1
    $25,500 for the Prius III out of the door is a great price. Congratulations!

I bought my Prius III for $26,200 out of the door from Toyota 101 in Redwood City, California. It had ~$120 of options (cargo net, rear decal). This was over the Memorial Day weekend. Was very happy with the customer service and the no pressure atmosphere at the dealership.
  • jack1002jack1002 Posts: 3
    I am looking to buy Prius II 2012, what is the best price I could get the car in saint louis area?
  • golgol Posts: 6
    Was $25,500 Costco price or you negotiated with dealer ? I am also looking at Prius III .
  • pripri3pripri3 Posts: 1
    I'm looking to buy a Prius III with the solar moon package in blizzard pearl. Anyone have any advice on a good price to shoot for and/or a good dealership in the San Diego area?

Thank you!
  • Hi Buy_prius,
    Can you share who was the salesman you worked with at Dublin Toyota. I am looking to buy Prius3 as well, looks like you got a great deal.
  • hp2009hp2009 Posts: 65
    go to prius chat.com....

lot of paid price and gas prices are going down so prius are selling below invoice with recent offer i seen on prius chat 2012 ii for 22500 plus ttl.....

thanks
    hp
  • kyfdxkyfdx Posts: 28,432
    You may include the dealership name, city and state in your post. Please do not post names of salespeople, telephone numbers, email addresses, or other contact information.

Prices Paid, Lease Questions, SUVs

• micky10micky10 Posts: 4
    edited June 2012
    Just bought 2012 Prius - 3 OTD 25.4k with2.9% financing.

Is there a way to lower int rate? Bought from Tustin Toyota- OC, CA
  • aauxtaononaauxtaonon Posts: 2
    edited June 2012
    Try penfed.org to get as low as 1.99%
  • tickletickle Posts: 5
    Just bought a 2012 Prius 3 Blizzard White $25,630 OTD with 2.09% financing through my CU.

Had I chosen any other color it would've been $25,400 OTD. I paid $220+tax for the white.
  • That sounds like a good deal. Which dealership and state did you get your car from?
  • kkt2002kkt2002 Posts: 2
    This is a great OTD price. What color and options do you have on this Prius III?
    Thanks.
    I got my Prius 3 at Dublin Toyota in Northern CA.
  • lesrosalesrosa Posts: 2
    got Prius 3 also in Blizzard white for $26,215 OTD (in Alameda, where sales tax is higher). I've contacted 10+ dealers via internet pricing but couldn't reach the price as low as yours (Dublin Toyota even gave me a crazy high number and was not willing to beat others). I finally gave up and went for the lowest price, but enjoyed the service and experience.
  • want2buyhwant2buyh Posts: 11
    hi tickle,

sounds like a real god deal. I have a couple of questions for you,

Could you break the price down, ...before tax, license and fees? I live in the north part of the bay area and my tax rate is 8.375% so I might be getting it a little cheaper.

Also, what options did you get.. ie floor mats, etc..

thanks in advance for your response
    hi buy_prius,
    What was your tax rate? I am in the north part of the bay area and it would be 8.375% for me.

maybe i can get it a little lower.
    edited July 2012
    Your pricing is still better than most. Dublin also originally priced me higher but I gave them a bottom line to match or I was going to leave. It worked out well and I'm very happy with the purchase. I'd recommend Dublin because they were pretty good about the whole thing :)

Btw, Dublin originally quoted me $25,738.00 BEFORE taxes.
    edited July 2012
    Hi want2buyh,

Before tax $23,265.00
    Doc fee $55.00
    Tax $2,040.50 (I think its 8.75% but the math shows 8.77%)
    DMV fee $29.00
    Total Cash Price $25,389.50

License Fee $151.00
    Reg/Title Fee $90.00
    CA Tire Fee $8.75
    Total Official Fees $249.75

TOTAL $25,639.25 (this is for Blizzard Pearl White)

I paid $239.25 for the White color thats $220 plus tax. If I didn't get white, any other color would've been $25,400.00 Out the door.

Hope this helps. It's for the Prius 3 with floor mats and no extra options.
    thank you very much for the details, it will help me in my purchase....
  • Tickle,
    I came to Dublin Toyota with a check book ready to make deal today. I'm in Alameda county also. The best OTD Prius 3 blizzard pearl is quoted very high at 27200 by the manager. I forwarded this post to him. He said it's bogus. Either I have to speak to a different manager or he doesn't want do any business today. I even offered at 26k but no deal. :(