Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

2013 and Earlier - Toyota Prius Prices Paid and Buying Experiences

Comments

• gopriusgoprius Posts: 15
    You might want to try

http://www.truecar.com/

and see what dealers pop up...
  • lizleplizlep Posts: 1
    I just bought a 2012 Prius IV, with the deluxe solar package. We paid 31,500. I've only used it twice, but everytime I do I have visions of dollar signs in my mind. Does anyone know how to use the ABC, DEF mode when in the ipod interface? My alphabet buttons aren't highlighted...
  • Kirstie@EdmundsKirstie@Edmunds Posts: 10,676
    Since this discussion is specifically about 2010 Prius pricing, you will probably have better luck with your question in one of our more general Prius discussions. Here's the list:
    Prius discussions

Need help navigating? kirstie_h@edmunds.com - or send a private message by clicking on my name.

• Purchased a 2012 Prius Two in Tempe Az for $264 over invoice, calculated as:

22,560 Car
    760 Destination
    140 Carpet Floor Mats and Cargo Mat
    60 Estimated invoice for all weather cargo mat
    23,520 Total Invoice

23,385 Car price, including destination and accessories above
    399 Doc fee :(
    23,784 Purchase price (plus TTL)

23,784 Purchase Price
    23,520 Invoice
    264 Over invoice

I used the fightingchance dot com method and got eight other proposals ranging from 1,926 over invoice to 457 over invoice.

Interestingly, we ended up purchasing from the first place we went to and nearest our house (after eliminating a closer dealership because we did not like our initial experience).

We did have one bid for a 2011 Prius Two for about $500 less out the door than our purchase (no 1000 incentive per what I found :(. Given the distance, additional hit for depreciation because it is a model year older, and no bluetooth we were happy paying a little more for what we got.

If you're shopping, good luck!
  • Karen@EdmundsKaren@Edmunds Posts: 5,024
    A reporter would like to speak to someone who bought a Prius or Prius v in the past 6 months. If you purchased a Prius or Prius v in the past 6 months and are willing to discuss why you bought your Prius with a reporter, please email PR@edmunds.com no later than noon Pacific /3p.m. Eastern Thursday, April 12, 2012 with your daytime contact information.

Karen-Edmunds Community Manager

• Kirstie@EdmundsKirstie@Edmunds Posts: 10,676
    If you recently traded in a gas guzzler for a more fuel-efficient new vehicle, a reporter wants to talk with you. Please email PR@edmunds.com no later than Friday, April 13, 2012 with your daytime contact info and the makes and models of the vehicles.

Need help navigating? kirstie_h@edmunds.com - or send a private message by clicking on my name.

• Wow, You're getting a very good deal. How many percent of tax to apply in you state? in CA we have 8.25% for tax.
    Could you share that information? Thanks.

Eric
  • Anyone recently bought Prius II in Bay Area?
    How much OTD? I'm going to buy one very soon.
    Thank you very much.

Eric
  • Just brought home my 2012 Prius Two. Got it for 22088.00 plus TTL. No extras, no add ons, no nothing tagged on.

Talk to Ryan from internet sales at Miller Toyota in Anaheim. This was their advertised special, except it was a black one. They were supposed to only have one at that price, but gave Ryan a call and he got me the silver one I wanted. Brand new. No test drives. 4 miles from factory. Full tank of gas, floor mats, fresh detail, all for freezies.

I opted for the 6 yr 100k extended warranty for an extra 1,028. They got me 2.75% APR 60month financing too. My total per month is about 375 for 60 months, plus 4400 down up front.

I think I got a great deal. My buddy at Longo told me the best they could do was 23,300.
  • Nuttyprof1,

Thanks for information. Price is good. 2.75% also good.
    Anyone do better in Bay Area? Thanks for sharing.
  • ck90211ck90211 Posts: 129
    edited April 2012
    Just spent this afternoon with a friend to get her Prius 2 at DCH Toyota Torrance. Friday LA Times ad price was $21778 and it was $23730 OTD. Great experience with both salesman and finance (no upsales or talk-down). Best yet, they matched credit union rate at 1.99% for 5 year nothing down.
  • I'm looking to purchase a PriusV Model three or five very soon. I was hoping anyone can share the deals they have negotiated. Has anyone gotten the V under invoice?

We are located in the Bay Area (San Jose).

Thanks!
  • $20,980 price is very good. But I wonder what's rate of tax at your state? Only a little less than $1000 for tax?
    In Bay Area , CA is 8.25% for sale tax. I'm not sure but in LA, CA only $7.25% sale tax.
    Thank you for sharing.

Eric
  • uspeeduspeed Posts: 1
    I just bought Prius 2 from Dublin Toyota, OTD : $24,950. ($22738+ttl)

Excellent buying experience through email, spend just 2 hour there to ride back great car.
  • Look like people in LA get better deal than us up here in Bay Area.
  • mi55sinmi55sin Posts: 1
    who did you talk to? i tried getting a deal through email from dublin and they were very unhelpful

im also looking for a prius 2 2012 in either grey or blue
  • Hi, can you let me know what dealers you looked at and where you ultimately purchased? will be looking for either a Prius IV or a Prius V three

I'm in Hartford / Eastern CT Area
    best regards, Bob
  • Stever@EdmundsStever@Edmunds YooperlandPosts: 38,986
    A news reporter would like to talk with hybrid car owners in Northern California. If you fit the description, please contact pr@edmunds.com by Wednesday, April 25, 2012.

(Eric?)
  • I haven't buy it yet. Sorry.

Eric
  • Hey goprius, I live in Greenbelt. Did you go through Truecar? What did you get and how much did you pay? I'm looking for a Prius Two in MD. Thanks.