Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Toyota Prius Lease Questions

Comments

• Anyone know the current terms of the Prius II "special" lease in northern CA? Best I can get so far seems to be around 72% residual with .00265 MF and 650 acquisition fee for 12K/year.
  • shellzshellz Posts: 33
    That residual looks great. In DC, for a Prius 3-5, the best I'm seeing .00261 and a 66% residual for 3 years, 12,000 miles a year. And I just received an e-mail from Alexandria Toyota offering $100 above invoice (their initial offer was about $1100 over).
  • Hi wakked1. The money factor and residual value that you were quoted for this car look right to me. Despite the fact that Toyota is advertising a lease payment on the Prius in your area, this program is not actually special. I believe that its advertised Prius lease in CA is based upon TFS' standard lease program.

Car_man
    Host
    Prices Paid: Buying & Leasing Experiences Forum
  • Wakked1...FYI.

Just leased a 2010 Prius IV from Toyota of Santa Monica.

Black with dark gray leather interior. Solar sunroof with navigation. Floor and cargo mats. Rear bumper applique. MSRP $31.499. Invoice $29,556. Agreed upon value: $28, 369.12. Gross capitalized cost: $29,239.12 (agreed upon plus $650 acquisition fee and $220 for tinting windows, which they threw-in for free at end). Residual value: $19,839. M.F.: .00265

36 months, 12K miles per year. $2900 drive-off ($1896.01 cap cost reduction, $365.99 1st month, $395 title, reg, lic fees, $184.86 tax on cap cost reduction, $45 doc prep fee, $8.75 CA tire fee, $4.59 tax on doc fee). $365.99 per month (including tax).
  • Carman, My wife wanted a 2010 red Prius V with Nav. Had a hard time finding one and had to wait for one to be rerouted from another dealer and it came in last week with carmats. The MSRP was $31,329.00 and the Invoice was $29, 817. The dealer agreed to sell it to us for $29,467 but had to pay a dealer fee of $699.50. I decided to lease the car for 36 months, 12,000 miles per year. I paid $1701 down to cover Cap. cost reduction-$178.70, 1st mo. payment - $519.58, Dealer fee-$699.50 and Title and registration,waste etc,-$303.22. The agreed upon value was $29467 but the Gross cap cost was $30362 -explained as a $895.00 acquisition fee for Southeast Toyota Finance. I thought this a bit high but they told me that was what it was. The cap cost reduction was $178.70 for an adjusted cap cost of $430183.30. The residual value is $17690 0 depreciation 412493.30 and a outrageous rent charge of $5153,82, Total Base mo payments - $17646.12. The monthly payment is $519.58 about $30 more a month than they quoted me in Dec. Did I get screwed? I feel Like I did but my wife wanted the car bad so I got it for her. Carman please advise
  • mtenamtena Posts: 58
    The California offer sounds similar to the one advertised here in Washington state:

2010 Toyota Prius Lease (Model #1223)
    $279 per month plus tax for 36 months
    $1,995 due at signing lease

Not sure which equipment codes these are for, as I've just started into the possibility of leasing.
  • eburnseburns Posts: 9
    CarMan, (or anyone else with data)
    If you could, would you please share the residual and MF for a 2010 Prius IV at 12k/36 here in the Southeast? I've seen numbers all over the place on various forums. Thanks for the help!

Eric
  • eburnseburns Posts: 9
    Pantherman12 - I know it's a moot point now, but I just leased a Prius in the Southeast as well. The acquisition fee was $695 as quoted by several different dealers, and your dealer fee is probably the highest I've ever seen. That said, I can empathize with the challenge of dealing with your wife's dream car... mine just had to have a red package IV :) .
  • roho1roho1 Posts: 317
    Just came from a SET Toyota dealer the other day and the acquisition fee was $995.
    The day before the sales stoppage.

I just stopped in to test drive a Prius but they also tried to use the old school boiler room sales tactics on me. They were more inerseted in selling me a Venza than Prius. Air head salesman comes out with MSRP offer, I say no he goes back to mgr and the offer comes back down a couple hundred, I say no and the mgr comes out and says what do I have to do to get your business, etc and on and on. Needless to say I walked out. I can't believe Toyota is still using this cave man style of sales. I'm going to use the internet for offers from now on.
  • I would like to know how much if any does the dealer get from the aquisition fee. If they get some of it they certaintly do not disclose it.
  • Carman, can you post MF ad residuals for metro NY area. for 3yr/36k I was quoted .00145 MF but residual varied from 62%-66% dependig on prius 3 or 4. Do they have different residuals? Also, do you know of any marketig money or dealer support money because of the problems? do you even recommend a 2010 prius because of the pedal issues? they said the 2010 wasn't involved.
  • Can anyone please give me the money factor and residual for the 2010 Prius IV with navigation? I need to lease one in the few weeks. Thanks for your help.
  • Here is the first offer I received. Can you advise?
    Prius IV
    MSRP = 31717
    CAP COST OR SALE PRICE = 29511 ($100 OVER INVOICE)
    36 MOS 12K/YR = $389 INCL TAX (RESIDULE = 19839)

Thank you
  • karate19karate19 Posts: 5
    edited February 2010
    Hi. Trying to find out money factor and residual numbers for the 2010 Prius IV with nav. Thanks for your help. My 2007 Prius is coming off lease in March so I got to get moving.
    Karate19, I'm thinking of a 2010 lease and was curious about your 2007 experience, specifically the mileage allowance. In your case, are you having to sweat staying below the allowed miles in your lease?

Does anyone know the typical cost of buying extra miles in advance, at lease inception?
    http://usnews.rankingsandreviews.com/cars-trucks/best-car-deals/Toyota-Deals/

Too bad I live in the Pacific NW. Deals seem to be much better in Toyota's northeastern sales areas.
  • Forum Editors:
    I would like to lease a 2010 Prius, model 3, with the solar sunroof package for 36 months and 15k miles/year. The MSRP is $28,580 and I want a selling price at invoice ($26,000).

The dealership provided me with an interest rate of 1.8% and a residual of 70%. That would result in a monthly payment (including tax) of $215 with $1245 due at signing (first month, bank fee, doc fee, dmv). Can you confirm the interest rate (MF) and residual?

Obviously if this combination of residual and MF is accurate, this might be one of the greatest leases of all time.

Thank you.
  • cluedweaselcluedweasel Posts: 147
    That residual looks high considering how far into the 2010 model year we are. Personally, I'd take that offer and run for the hills.
    BTW, back in 2003 I got an Infiniti M45 on a 3 year lease for $238 with $2000 down. For a $52,000 car, that was one of the best leases ever :)
  • cluedweaselcluedweasel Posts: 147
    Actually, ignore what I said. Just checked and it looks like a 72% residual on a 12,000 mile / 36 month lease, so 70% for the extra 9,000 miles would be right in line.
  • Hello all ; new to site ; live in Fl and see that Toyota is offering leases here on the Prius ;problem is the 09 Hyundai Sonata that I want to trade has neg equity . dealer said that all they could offer me is around 14k for my car but 17k is owed . I know its not good to do but I thought that the neg equity could be worked in on the lease . I was going to put $ 1500 down. Dealer here said it can't be done .Is this true for all Toyota dealers or should I go somewhere else ?
    any help would be appreciated :confuse: