Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Ford Focus Hatchback - ZX3 - Part V

mznmzn Posts: 727
edited March 5 in Ford
The Ford Focus ZX3 is rapidly becoming a cult car!
This is the place for dedicated drivers and Focus
hatchback enthusiasts. To catch up on our previous
discussion, just click here.

carlady/host

Comments

• I ordered the chrome exhaust tip from Circle BMW, $6.68 + shipping. Much easier than going down to the local dealer here in Cleveland.
  • eydseyds Posts: 4
    You have to try this! While you start your Focus press and hold the trip reset button. This first tests your gages, then press the trip once more and it will test you dash lights ( door ajar, oil, and other lights) press again and it will test some other things ( not sure what it is testing). Press it again until it says no errors, press it one more time and our trip turns into a digital speedometer. The cool thing is that it displays the real speed which is 2mph slower that our normal speedometer.

Eric
  • alf3alf3 Posts: 83
    Norway Doug - the Euro Focus also offers a 1.8 litre turbo direct injection diesel, with lots of torque. Personally, I wish a base model Focus hatch would be offered in NA with this engine. I love the performance of my ZX3, but would prefer the 55mpg offered by the TDdi on my daily 170 mile commute!
  • dragwaydragway Posts: 34
    I ordered my ZX3 back in Feb. The expected delivery time was early May. The dealer says that he doesn't have a V.I.N yet. How long does it normally take for a dealer to get a vin.

TIA
  • cahollancahollan Posts: 32
    I tried the trip reset thing, and it didn't say no errors, rather I got a "E004" code.

Anyone know what this means?
  • tickbittytickbitty Posts: 250
    from the things I've read, they don't give a VIN till the car is built, which should be just a few weeks before it is delivered. So if your ETA is early May, possibly you'd expect to get your VIN around the middle of APril? Just a guess.
  • Still waiting to get the options installed in my ZX3. I bought the car (started negotiating, actually) on March 5th...couldn't make the deal I wanted on that car (a white ZX3, auto, no cd, no cruise), so I made a deal on another car (red ZX3, auto, CD and cruise). Parts finally arrived for the cruise control this week (custom steering wheel) and I was supposed to pick it up today. But the service manager said it would be another day. Hopefully I'll get it tomorrow.

Got a question for the experts or anyone who knows about the recall # 00E09 (suspension springs out of alignment?)
    - I looked up the VIN of my car on the Ford Owner's Connection site (thanks to whoever it was who pointed out the website) and, indeed, my car was affected by the recall. However, when I talked to my dealer, he said that since my car didn't have cruise control on it yet, it wasn't affected by the recall. Does this make sense, or do you think they are trying to get out of fixing my car? I don't see what cruise control has to do with the suspension being misaligned...
  • mich9139mich9139 Posts: 24
    does or does not the focus zts have fog lights? i've seen pics both ways. also, the focus zts on
    edmunds has a silver strip highlighting the front that looks awesome. these two features really improve the look of the zts, making it look like a more expensive car. these didn't make it to production, did it? check it out:
    http://edmunds.com/newcars/2000/ford/focus/ztssedan.html
    see what i mean? it looks great, doesn't it? does the zts have these?
  • dgosnelldgosnell Posts: 2
    Terms are probably used interchangeably today, but Originally a sunroof was metal and opaque, and a moonroof was tinted see-through glass/plastic with an interior sliding opaque cover. By the way, I had red pinstriping put on my silver zx3 (one week old today, 5-sp., ac, abs, remote) and it really looks sharp. May take it a little further with red license plate frames. Even my AAA sticker plays nicely to this theme being red on silver.

-- deegee
  • p345spdp345spd Posts: 24
    mich9139 - I ordered a loaded SE due to fact ZTS has no fogs but has plastic wood on dash/doors.
    You forego the ZTS seats w/pockets and lumbar support. I was not that crazy about the spoiler but, I figure I can trade this one in on an '01.
  • p345spdp345spd Posts: 24
    A few posts ago someone noted this was a pre-production shot. But I thought it might be the Sony Ed. ?????
  • silver_bulletsilver_bullet Posts: 1,339
    This recall pertains to the fuel injection rail pressure sensor replacement, not a suspension related recall. I heard there was another earlier recall affecting cars with cruise control, but I haven't heard of a recall affecting the suspension -- anyone?
  • moses5moses5 Posts: 61
    Jedimaster1, I had my springs realigned about three weeks ago at the dealership. I noticed that the driver side rear leaned more in turns and felt lopsided. However whatever the dearlership changed did last for long. It started riding in the same uneven manner. So today I called Ford Customer Service and they passed it on to there reasearch team who are suppose to give me a call in about three days are so.
  • moses5moses5 Posts: 61
    Where can I find the Ford owner's connection site. I want to check my car's VIN.
  • silverzesilverze Posts: 5
    After looking at the photo I'm inclined to believe what was said about it being a pre-production hybrid version ZTS. I think you can see a rear headrest in the photo which would be a give away for it being a Euro model(unfortunately left off the NA version). At first I thought the shine on the front was just reflected light but after looking closer I do think it's chrome. I saw a black Sony Spcl Edition SE at the dealer and I don't remember any chrome on the front.

Also, for any recent college grads interested in buying a Focus be sure to get the $400 rebate from Ford. They don't seem to advertise it much but if you've finished school since Oct 97 or are currently a grad student you qualify. Just another reason to get a Focus.

Last thing. Has anyone actually seen a ZX3 with power windows? I know some have said there has been a delay on this option. I was wondering if it would slow my order so I called my dealer. They've always been very straight forward and they told me there was a delay but that Ford is currently cranking powered hatchlings out of the plant. Any proof out there?
  • mznmzn Posts: 727
    Information about lights is included in the Standard Equipment listing in all edmunds.com reviews. In this case, our review of the ZTS Sedan says under Standard Equipment: "additional exterior lights include front fog/driving lights."

You can also check under Optional Equipment to see if lighting upgrades are available.

carlady/host
  • silver_bulletsilver_bullet Posts: 1,339
    I know everyone is tired of hearing about the watch, but I got my yellow box today (7 weeks after purchase date). I received a large G-Shock watch the same color as my car - silver and gray! Spooky... a coincidence? Can't imagine wearing such a gadget, but it is cool to play with! I think Ford deserves credit for an interesting promotion -- although I would have forgone the watch for an extra option or two :-)
  • Silver Bullet-

Can you explain what the fuel injection rail pressure sensor replacement is, and why there is a recall? I just know that the 00E09 recall, whatever it is, affects my car. And the dealer told me that when my cruise control is installed, they (service?) would update something and the problem would be taken care of. I think they were trying to give me the runaround or something.
  • fgaydosfgaydos Posts: 319
    Do I really have to call you that?:>)
    The fuel pressure recall is a sensor that can get water in it and if it freezes it will break. They will change it when you do the cruise control it sounds like. I had an appointment for two weeks to take mine in next Saturday. Should take an hour or less.
    Skywalker man.:>)
  • no im not talkin about the hitchcock classic- im referring to the small rear windows on the zx3- has anybody had any problems with this? blindspots, etc.?
This discussion has been closed.