Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Ford Focus Hatchback ZX3 - Part VIII

1131415161719»

Comments

• zx3ow2zx3ow2 Posts: 4
    Hi,

Just joined the zx3 owners club on Friday 5/26.
    Been reading about the zx3, test drove several other cars and chose the zx3. Malibu Blue, 5 speed.

What is the part no. for the bmw chrome pipe. I know that I read it in an earlier session, but don't know which one. Please advise.
  • catsoftcatsoft Posts: 15
    Can't help myself here to add a few comments about overfilling oil. Fist the disclaimer: I'm no mechanic. On the other hand, I've taken a number of motorcycle engines apart, fixed them, and put the things together again (yes, they always worked). 4 stroke motorcycle engines work exactly the same as car engines.

IMHO no manufacturer will design an engine that is so sensitive to overfill that going a bit over the mark will ruin it. It would just be too much hassle to deal with all those resulting warrantee cases.

From a mechanical point of view, the oil sump is just that, a bucket hanging under the engine holding oil. Putting in more won't make any difference, up to a point. Things get bad when rotating parts (crankshaft) start hitting the top of the oil. That's when pressures build, it'll foam like mad, and gaskets/seals get blown. Of course, no one knows how much overfill the engine will handle before that happens.
  • catsoftcatsoft Posts: 15
    Can't help myself here to add a few comments about overfilling oil. Fist the disclaimer: I'm no mechanic. On the other hand, I've taken a number of motorcycle engines apart, fixed them, and put the things together again (yes, they always worked). 4 stroke motorcycle engines work exactly the same as car engines.

IMHO no manufacturer will design an engine that is so sensitive to overfill that going a bit over the mark will ruin it. It would just be too much hassle to deal with all those resulting warrantee cases.

From a mechanical point of view, the oil sump is just that, a bucket hanging under the engine holding oil. Putting in more won't make any difference, up to a point. Things get bad when rotating parts (crankshaft) start hitting the top of the oil. That's when pressures build, it'll foam like mad, and gaskets/seals get blown. Of course, no one knows how much overfill the engine will handle before that happens.
  • mznmzn Posts: 727
    The gabfest goes on! Join us in our our newest ZX3 topic.

carlady/host
  • fgaydosfgaydos Posts: 319
    The club devices are easily defeated if they want your car. They saw through the steering wheel and slip it off. Mostly a deterrent to kids, not pro's.
  • anonymousanonymous Posts: 314
    This stupid Java thing wont let me view the posts, only post my own.
This discussion has been closed.