Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Article Comments - 2009 Full-Size Pickup Truck Comparison Test

Karen@EdmundsKaren@Edmunds Posts: 5,024
The fun varies, from camping to dirt-bike riding to water-skiing. But the vehicle that invariably gets tasked with hauling the corresponding equipment is a full-size pickup truck. You know, like the 2009 Chevrolet Silverado 1500, 2009 Dodge Ram 1500, 2009 Ford F-150 or 2009 Toyota Tundra.

2009 Full-Size Pickup Truck Comparison Test

Karen-Edmunds Community Manager

Comments

• konecsrakonecsra Posts: 1
    Hmmm. Seems to me a few years back that all the automotive journalists were ranting and raving about the Chrysler Minivans being the best. Please keep in mind "best" at what?

Experience and history tells us they certainly were not best in terms or reliability, fuel economy, nor safety. History does have a tendency to repeat itself and I am hugely skeptical that while the Dodge initially pushes all the right buttons with the reviewers, it will require the consumer to push the buttons on their cell phones for service and repair.
  • d_sandersd_sanders Posts: 8
    I can't remember the last time I read a review on the Silverado (900 series) that the author thinks that the buttons on the radio need to be bigger because "truck drivers wear gloves". WHAT???? The buttons are not too small, and they are very easy to use. Take your damned gloves off!

Plus, the as-tested price of our truck does not include things like extendable tow mirrors, a rearview camera, a fully integrated iPod connection or rear-seat entertainment — which are found on most of the other trucks. Even the Silverado's sliding rear window is an optional extra, and it's the only truck here that doesn't have side curtain airbags.

This reads like these things are not available on a Silverado. Extendable tow mirrors, rearview camera, integrated I-Pod connection, rear seat entertainment package are all available! Just because your tester doesn't have them on it, that means that you can't get them! My 2008 Silverado extended cab 1LT has side air bags, so I know that you can get them on an LTZ!

So the only legitimate knocks on the Silverado is a little monochromatic and dreary interior. I would agree with that, its been 3 years now and Chevy needs to upgrade the interior styling a little bit. But to me, I do not want a truck thats too shiny to get dirty.
  • bassprobasspro Posts: 34
    I will just let everyone know that my09 6.2 AWD GM truck is just what I wanted after looking at all the other offers.
    The six speed is smooth unlike the RAM 5 speed. Has the most HP and if you tow HP is important.
    Tundra's are OK but the overall fit finish and options are not avaliable and the American trucks have,in my opinion caught up and even surpassed the foriegn options.
    All said my GM was and could not be matched feature to feature and ended up being the cheapest by several hundread dollars.
    I like my 20's.
    You can put them in any order you want, but My GM is #1 with me.
  • farmerrubefarmerrube Posts: 33
    That tundra sure not a full size one now! Work them ones on that farm, and watch them break quick! Them pumpkins pop if you try to haul with em now. What say, is folks workin them ones on that farm? Not around these parts... Good luck on this one now!