Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Cadillac SRX Loss of Acceleration Problem

Comments

• gmcustsvcsarahgmcustsvcsarah Posts: 1,964
    Hopefully the re-flashing of the computer is successful! Please keep us updated on your progress, and if we can be of any assistance let us know.
    Best,
    Sarah
    GM Customer Service
  • hollyw108hollyw108 Posts: 3
    Here's a solution for all you having this loss of acceleration problem....get rid of the death trap you are driving and get yourselves something safe for you and your families to ride in!!

I went back and forth for weeks with GM to no avail. It seemed as if they were helpful in the beginning but once the car was at the dealership for the 3rd time and the problem could not be duplicated, there was no problem on their end and became rather rude in their approach to my problem. Their advice...keep working with my dealership until the problem is resolved. Frankly, I expected more from GM, especially Cadillac.

I knew I would get no where with this corporation when I was asked if I had sought legal advice. Advice was not what I needed - legal representation was. After discusssing with my corporate counsel my best options, I came to the conclusion that it wasn't worth the fight and the money it would cost me to go up against GM. It was worth it to lose a little money, buy out my lease and trade that junk car in on a very reliable, foreign model. I now have piece of mind that my car will not stop operating while I am driving it and that my child and my family are not in danger on the road.

Thanks for nothing GM... I get a new car every 3 years and I will never purchase another one of your products again.
  • tmoseleytmoseley Posts: 1
    I have a 2008 SRX4. I bought it two years ago with 18k miles and have enjoyed the car with the exception of multiple trips to the mechanic for engine issues. The ifrst time was for some known 'timing chain' problem and then recently for an ongoing battle to keep the car on the road. My car has an issue going over the railroad tracks in town. It decides to accelerate for 2 seconds and then dumps power with the error message "engine power reduced". I dropped it in nuetral and restarted the car which made it run for about a mile. Then we repeated this process about a hundred times trying to drive the 30 miles to my mechanic. He flashed the computer and told me to sell the car. He said that if thid fix didn't stick-which it wouldn't-we would have to put a $1200 computer in it. Well, guess what, it didn't stay fixed. The engine light came on the same day I got it back. One week later, It died again-on the same railroad track. It's killing me. I seem to keep having motor/computer issues. I haven't even hit the suggested tune up mileage yet. I am sooo disappointed in this car. I can't even get rid of it because it's value is in the toilet. What is wrong with it this time and why doesn't Cadillac care that they have a bunch of lemons on the roadway!

I am a Paramedic. I know what happens when cars just speed up or stop running in the middle of the road. Not to mention the personal injury to me and my family-I am going to be sued civilly for driving a POS and endangering the public!
  • I just bought a 2011 45 days ago twice while driving in the rain the car shacks rattles and losses power when you give it gas I have had it to dealer it is there now first time they couldnt get it to mess up after reading all the post I am worried if I should sell it before it is to late I was told that there is no electrical problems with this model so I know my dealer lied to me any idea on the problem so I can tell my dealer what to fix because they have no idea
    Good morning grizz62442,

Congratulations on your new SRX! I'm sorry that you're already encountering some difficulties, however. Have you contacted Customer Assistance already? Looking forward to an update on how your dealership visit went.

Best,
    Sarah
    GM Customer Service
  • blondie54blondie54 Posts: 4
    I have a 2004 SRX that is losing power also and no one can figure out the problem. My mechanic said I better take it to the dealer so I did an $800.00 later they tell me the car is fine and 2 days later I lose power again. Its been in and out of the shop for the last three months and no answers. I'm scared to drive it but need to have my car working any suggestions for me??
    Hello blondie54,

If we can look into this with you, please email the following information to socialmedia@gm.com: your name/Edmunds username, phone and address, the last 8 of your VIN and current mileage, and the name of your involved dealership. With this information, we'll set up a Service Request (a file in our database), contact the dealership you've been working with, and move forward from there.

All the best,
    Sarah
    GM Customer Service
  • marko39marko39 Posts: 1
    Hi

I am having a similar problem but only at 60 MPH. It briefly loses power.
    I am wondering if it is an inherant problem or not. just yesterday then engine symbal flashed a few times then went away. I check my oil level right away and it was fine.
  • Good morning,
    If you were planning on working with a dealership on getting this diagnosed, we're available to you during the process of resolving this and can be contacted at socialmedia@gm.com (please include your name, contact information, and the last 8 digits of your VIN should you email).

Sarah, GM Customer Service
  • srx 2006 brought used in 2009. Driving speed droped to 40miles per hour on the highway. Made it almost home. Then car died. Would not restart. Towed to dealer. Dealer states this is a serious engine issue. Wants a grand to see what issue is. Called GM the need to know what is wrong before they help. This should not happen with this car. I have just over 100,000 miles on it. Out of warranty of course. I thought this was suppose to be the best engine that gm makes. Any thoughts or any one else had these issues?
  • lgray1lgray1 Posts: 1
    We own a 2004 SRX (V8) with 86,000 miles that we have been having problems with the Traction Control Light coming on since the day we bought the car just over a year ago. The light comes on, the car runs rough and then usually stalls. If I turn the car off to clear the system and then back on. SOMETIMES it will be ok… but not always. And it doesn’t work to turn the light off manually.

We have had it in to our local garage two times now and it has worked fine when we get it back… but only for about a couple months each time. They have reset All codes.

Any suggestions?? It sounds like others have had this same problem. I don’t want to drive it!! And I love the car…
  • Sarah,
    As I am reading all these posts over the: a) the stability control system, 2) the lost of power, 3) and all other non maintenance problems. I just bought a 2000 SRX with 56 1/2 K miles, I am wondering how pervasive is this problems, and , is GM about to issue any king of recall for all these frustrations the owners are complaining about?
  • gmcustsvcgmcustsvc Posts: 4,055
    Good morning!

I saw your email come through and you will be receiving a response back from my co-worker Cortland from socialmedia@gm.com; we try to divide up the workload as Edmunds is quite the extensive forum!

All the best,
    Sarah
    GM Customer Service
  • I have spent all day reading all this post and hoping to find a solution before i take my car in to a dealer. We have a 2006 SRX and my wife just came hope telling me that the car just suddenly shut off and a message came up on the stereo control "Engine reduced power". The car could not accelerate and so she had to find a way to pull over and after a while it start and could accelerate again. But the engine light has stayed on since then. Has anyone had look with this issue so far. I really will not like to spend money and not get it fixed. Help!!!!!!!!!!!!!
  • Hi i was just reading your post and wondering of you could point me to where i could find information on the extended warranty you indicated. I am having the same problem.

Thanks
    x840wagon,

We hope you get the feedback from the community that you're looking for, and see that you're considering working with a dealership on this. Please let us know if you would like for us to check into anything further! We can be reached at socialmedia@gm.com (include your name and contact information, the last 8 digits of your VIN and mileage, and a brief summary of the situation).

• Ok so my wife and I just rolled out of the Cadillac parking lot at 7pm w/ her new (used 2010 SRX Premium), heading I-95s and literally at 8:35pm we were on the phone w/ OnStar trying to get a tow because the Check Engine light came on as well as the "! Engine power is reduced" indicator. Words can't describe how p!ssed off I am, I realize we bought it used but from a Cadillac dealer.
    We hope everything worked out okay last night, sully5591, although we're very sorry to hear about the situation. Please let us know if we can look into anything further for you by emailing us at socialmedia@gm.com (include your name and contact information, the last 8 digits of your VIN and mileage, and a summary of the situation so far).

• So Moore Cadillac calls us yesterday apparently the SRX checked out they couldn't locate and problem, today my wife is running errands w/ our new born (7 week old daughter) and right in the middle of Rte 1 "Engine power is reduced" causing my wife to instantly have to pull over to the side of the road. Now i'm researching Va Lemon Laws because it hasn't even been 48hrs since we bought the crossover and already twice w? the same message. I'm sure after we get it towed again this time further away that Moore will run the code say they didn't see anything have a nice day. God forbid my wife and baby get into an accident behind this its a Lawsuit waiting to happen.
  • shellyjshellyj Posts: 1
    I have a 2006 Cadillac SRX. Since I have had the car 4 times, it will just start spitt and sputtering down the road, won't hardly go. The check engine light will flash. We have took it to a dealer, and independent mechanics, the computer shows miss fire, nothing wrong with the car. It will go good for about 3 months and then the same problem all over again. I have spent a fortune on everything but the problem because no one can figure it out.