Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

2009 Town and Country - dashboard lights

2»

Comments

• Thanks, thats a very good info, Im going to look for them and do what you suggest. Im going to be very careful, but if the hoses disconnect, its very difficult to reconnect them?

Again thanks a lot.
    Regards.
  • Update: Last weekend I found only 2 (front) drain holes, and the passenger side was packed with debris since the upper part, the drivers side without any debris in the hole, any way I run a line that I use in my brush cutter, through them, followed by water and then compressed air and they unclog and I could see the water draining out onto the groud JUST in front; I couldnt find the rear drain holes, even with a little mirror and good light. I poured some water in the back corners of the sunroof and the water went directly to the front drain holes and then to the ground. It seems that there are no more leaks only with that. Maybe this model only has 2 front drain holes (I hope so but IDK).
    Does any one have a pic of the underside drain of the back hoses? If I locate them, I will compressed air through them and maybe that unclog that BACK holes.

Thanks to all.
  • It is possible that they went to only 2 front holes at some time, or possibly they never had 4 on these. I was giving you advice based on my experience in the auto glass industry. As to finding where the hoses exit from the vehicle, good luck. They usually do not hang down past the bottom of the vehicle, just end someplace above the frame and then the water just drips off the frame. As long as you are not getting any water inside the vehicle, it is a safe bet that you found and cleared the only 2 drain holes & solved your problem.
  • joepeterson56,
    Thanks for posting your comments and info, and I hope that the problem is solved, time will say.
    BTW the only thing about 2 vs 4 drain holes, could be that the van was sold in Mexico and maybe they are different ????. IDK.
  • My 2009 Town & Country seems that the tranny is slipping, you go on the gas pedal and no power and only the RPM go faster. Id good like to check the tranny oil, but....
    With an scanner you can find some codes about tranny?
    Are there any other thing to do?

Thanks in advance

JA.
  • My question in the title
  • Hello roentgeep,

Regarding your original question: "Does this mini vans has transmission dipstick?"

All four–speed transaxles are equipped with a conventional filler tube and dipstick.

Lisa
    Customer Care
    Chrysler Group LLC
  • Lisa,
    Thanks Im going to look for the filler tube and check the oil level first. Thanks a lot.
  • KCRam@EdmundsKCRam@Edmunds Mt. Arlington NJPosts: 3,495
    Just so that you can always find the most appropriate discussion (this one is for dash/warning lights), be sure to check the existing list at this link:
    Chrysler Town & Country/Dodge Grand Caravan Discussion List

KCRam - Pickups/Wagons/Vans+Minivans Host

KCRam - Pickups/Wagons/Vans+Minivans Moderator

• Thank you, but I reviewed the list in that link and the related topics to transmission are diferent, but I just noticed that, when you want to reply the message in the upper part of the page, below the words: Replay to message says:
    "Click here to start a new thread if your message is not a reply".
  • One of my first questions was if an scananer can read transmission codes? and in that way know if it is slipping or has any other issue?
  • Lisa I checked out and my Van doesnt have it, its a six-speed transaxle with 4.0l engine.

Thanks.

So I dont know what to do: the fact its that the van sometimes works as normal and sometimes the tranny seems to slip, so IDK; thats the reason Im asking here the possibilities that are producing the issue.

Thanks again.
  • KCRam@EdmundsKCRam@Edmunds Mt. Arlington NJPosts: 3,495
    You're in a dashboard discussion, though... so you're not going to get much response here for a transmission question.

The correct discussion to add your questions is this one: Chrysler Minivan Transmission Problems
    Go to the last page of that discussion, and add your post at the bottom. The members who are following that discussion will be far more likely to see your posts and give you a hand.

KCRam - Pickups/Wagons/Vans+Minivans Host

KCRam - Pickups/Wagons/Vans+Minivans Moderator

• Thank you sir, Ill post this there.
2»