Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Article Comments - 2010 Lexus IS 350C First Drive

Karen_CMKaren_CM Posts: 5,019
A drive in the 2010 Lexus IS 350C hardtop convertible is like a weekend at some fancy golf resort, the kind you read about in that magazine you get when you're flying business class. You know, the whole thing with a hotel that looks like a Tuscan villa, only it's about the size of a convention center, and it's got the ocean view, a pool that you could water-ski on, and of course the championship-grade golf course.

2010 Lexus IS 350C First Drive

Community Manager If you have any questions or concerns about the Forums, send me an email, karen@edmunds.com, or click on my screen name to send a personal message.

Comments

• What's with the comment about rear seat space? When my dad purchased his most recent car, a 2008 BMW M3 Coupe 6MT, he was choosing between two cars. The other was a Porsche 911 Turbo.

One of the factors that swayed his decision was the fact that, with the M3, he could carry two additional passengers.

I'll go ahead and tell him his life is worthless.
  • madpistolmadpistol Posts: 126
    What I don't get is that Lexus crafted a convertible/coupe out of a platform that is 4 years old and nearly at the point for a redesign. If you look at the interior, it's IDENTICAL in its layout to the current IS 250/350, which debuted as a 2006 model... that's 4 years ago.

If you're going to charge an additional 5 grand to get a folding hardtop convertible version of a sedan, at least make it current. This car is already dated, and it hasn't even hit showroom floors yet.

I would have said great if this car had hit the market 3 years ago. Too little, too late Lexus. :(
  • gotoyotagotoyota Posts: 280
    "If you look at the interior, it's IDENTICAL in its layout to the current IS 250/350, which debuted as a 2006 model... that's 4 years ago"

Actually, the squarish shiny ring thing around the navi is NOT idendical to the current IS...if you want to be technical.
  • Karen_CMKaren_CM Posts: 5,019

Community Manager If you have any questions or concerns about the Forums, send me an email, karen@edmunds.com, or click on my screen name to send a personal message.

• What kind of deals are people getting? Seems they won't go more than $500 to $1000 below sticker. I'm trying for $1000 over invoice, what is the chance of that?
  • Am considering an IS 350 sedan with the F-Sport accessories you recommended. The one you left out was the chassis brace. Yay or Nay?
  • peety50peety50 Posts: 3
    If the dealer is still selling them before they even get to the lot, like mine...no chance.
    My new LG Lotus won't work with my 2010 IS 350C bluetooth function.
    Can there be an upgrade to either so it will work??
    I was sad today to find crimps (dents) on both outside edges of my top, in the back section. Nothing has been in the trunk to get in the way of the top going into place, something is wrong. :(
  • Any current pricing updates? I'm looking at one that stickers at $54K, invoice is around $48K and I'm trying to get to $1K over invoice which I think is more than fair in this economy. Anyone have any insight as to what REAL dealer cost is, ie how much under "invoice" is their true cost?
  • jvalhajvalha Posts: 18
    I've been shopping for two weeks now. Best deal I've found was $500 under invoice. I think I'm going to go for it. Can't find a better price.

Anyone out there with other prices?
  • jvalhajvalha Posts: 18
    Best deal I've gotten is $48,184 against a sticker of $54,265. They have also offered the highest amount on my trade, based on appraisals from 4 dealers. I think I'm pulling the trigger on Saturday.