Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

2010 Honda Accord

Comments

• Likely the giant marshmallow man featured in "Ghostbusters." :)

The new switch panel with ambient light (a $20 part, BTW) is being installed this morning.
  • temj12temj12 Posts: 450
    I appreciate you giving us this list. I have an '05 EX-L and I am familiar with everything that you are listing. The cuts do make a difference to me. When I trade an '05 for a '10 and I have less features, I am going backward. Don't fool yourself! They did not take the money from those cuts and invest them back in the car. It is a .50 cut here and a $1.00 cut there. I am just going to keep what I have--95,000 miles and forward.
  • Interesting to note that most of the items on the list (ones I could verify visually in the interior) are still in the new Crosstour. I know the Crosstour still has the ambient light.

Perhaps an attempt to further differentiate the Crosstour from the standard EX-L Accord, or maybe an attempt to further justify that amazing price difference between the two. I really have no idea, I'm just making assumptions as to how Honda might explain/rationalize the differences. :confuse:
  • Honda - like Canon - is inscrutable.
  • Hi All,

I got a New Honda Accord, When should I bring the car in for the 1st Oil Change? Should it be 1st 10000 miles?

Thanks
  • temj12temj12 Posts: 450
    I know that is what Honda recommends. I have an '05 Accord and I change mine at 5,000 mile intervals. 10,000 is too excessive. At 95,000, mine does not use a drop. It is always at the full mark.
  • tallman1tallman1 Posts: 1,874
    I got a New Honda Accord, When should I bring the car in for the 1st Oil Change?

Check the owner's manual. Honda uses a special oil that helps remove metal particles from the new engine. We've had a number of discussions around here before and it seems the consensus is to wait until at least 5000 miles. And, at one time, that was Honda's recommendation too.
  • elroy5elroy5 Posts: 3,741
    Check your oil level often. My niece has a new 2010 V6 Accord, and I had to add a quart of oil to it at 4,500 miles. Hate to think about how low it would have been at 10,000 miles. :surprise:
  • I recently traded in my 2005 Accord EX Sedan, which had 124k miles, for a 2010 Accord EXL Coupe. Yes, I agree there are some items that have been omitted - but they are minor and some I have already added back - like a 2009 ambient light, sliding tray in the center console and an engine cover. All of which cost me under $75. The other items that were cut really don't bother me. But then you have to look at what they have added. In the EXL they have added Bluetooth HandsFreeLink (no more Nav option is required), a MP3 input jack, a seven speaker 270 watt stereo that plays WMA and MP3 CD's, plus has RDS - Radio Data System, Active Noise Cancellation, Vehicle Stability Assist, 190HP vs.160HP, just to name a few. So when you take all the pluses and minuses into account, I think the pluses win. Just my opinion...
  • Hi,i agree with what you sad,the items that were included in this 09/10 Accords are stunning features,even in older BMW these dosen't exists,so in this forom i don,t agree with much critisizing :) .Just be happy with Honda ,anyway is there a PERFECT CAR in this world so the next i will buy.....
  • Help me out here please! I just traded in my Accord EX V6 ?Navi 4 door for a 2010 EX V6 Navi Coupe and the rearview mirror is just a standard mirror?? Why is that?? Isnt both models the top of line and same price? So why does the 4 door have the better mirror? This is my 4th Accord and all 3 have had the auto dimming mirror?

thanks
    I wasn't aware that the auto-dimming mirror was standard on any model. I thought it was a dealer add-on.

I have an 06 EX-L w/navi. It's an I-4 but I don't see anywhere that says the V6 had anything but a standard mirror. I'll have to check further before I suggest that maybe your dealer installed them on your previous cars.
    Just looked at the 2010 Fact Sheet and the auto dimming mirror is standard on the sedan EX-L I4 and V6 but not any any version of the coupe. Interesting.

I checked the fact sheet again for the 06 model year and don't see it available as standard on any trimline. What were the years of your previous models?
  • Got a factory auto dim on the 2008 Accord Sedan EXL-V6 Navi. I would suggest that the auto dim mirror is considered a more luxury car item, and therefore was left off the coupe for cost savings.

I'm trying to remember if my 2000 BMW 323Ci Coupe had one....

Non premium brand coupes are still are considered to be typically owned by younger, up and coming car owners, who haven't gotten used to the luxo toys yet.

You can always get dark tint applied to only the rear hatch window. Usually the police won't bother a person for just that window being tinted dark.
  • bvdj84bvdj84 Posts: 1,721
    Not sure if its been mentioned, but I did notice their is not an engine cover anymore on the 2010 accord motor! The plastic cover covering the engine, making it look better, thats all. Not a huge deal really, but an observation.
    Personally, I don't like all the plastic covering the engines these days. They can hide problems (leaks etc.). Some Acura engines are completely covered, so a lot could be going on under there, and you wouldn't know it. I would rather see the engine and transmission, than some fancy plastic. I guess we all have our own priorities.
  • 06, 07, 08 all Navi with all the bells and whistles....

I wish I noticed it when I test drove the coupe..... Pisses me off they charge the same price for the coupe and sedan but cut corners in the sedan!!

Thanks for you info
    I'm not sure about the 08 but I'm waiting for someone else to post whether their 06-07 V-6 came with the auto dimming mirror as standard.
  • kingrkingr Posts: 60
    Can you tell me what part was ordered to add the ambient light for the 2010 and was it just a plug in replacement or is there any wiring which needs to be done to put the 09 part in the 2010.
    Thanks
  • bvdj84bvdj84 Posts: 1,721
    Paddleshifters:
    I think it would be nice for the Accord to have Paddleshifters. Many cars in this segment have this option already. The TSX has this option, a few other Honda's have this option. I might not use the option all the time, but adds a more sport appeal.
    It might be reason enough for me to choose the TSX over the Accord. It is a lot of fun, only if its synced right with the engine and gives you almost complete control over the engine. Is it a make it or break it option? No, but it would be nice! :)
  • jimex10jimex10 Posts: 14
    edited March 2010
    It depends on if you have a coupe or a sedan. Apparently the sedan has a different wiring harness than the coupe. Some sedan owners have replaced the S/R switch with the ambient (for a 2009 model) and it worked, while others have had trouble getting the light to work. With my coupe, I had to use a jumper wire to get it to work.

Majestic Honda's part number is 4888656 for grey or 4888657 for tan interior for a 2009.

Here's my write-up of about month ago for a '10 coupe:

SUCCESS!!! Yes I had to use a jumper to get the ambient light to work. Here's the scoop: The connector that plugs into the sunroof switch has 12 pins (2 rows of 6 pins each). The first 3 pins (top left) are for the lights. Pin #1 is for the ambient light (no wire from the harness goes this slot - one end of the jumper goes here - the other end goes to pin #2), pin #2 is power and pin #3 is for the S/R light. Good luck.
  • don57don57 Posts: 19
    My 06 sedan EX-L with navi did not have the auto dimming mirror with compass as standard. It was a dealer added accessory.
  • rcummelinrcummelin Posts: 179
    My 2009 ambient light STILL doesn't work in my 2010 sedan. No wiring at all for the ambient light or the sunroof switch light in the harness.

I'm still playing with jumpers, etc but so far no success.
    That's what I thought. I think the OP must not have realized that the dealer must have added it in his older Accords.
  • kingrkingr Posts: 60
    Thanks for the info. however I won't be playing with the wiring, I will have to live with out it, I kind got used to it from my 06. What makes me mad is that my owners manual says it is in my car.
    Thanks
  • jimex10jimex10 Posts: 14
    I know what you mean, I had it in my 05. Besides my owners manual saying that I have the ambient light, if you go to the web site of where I bought the car they list the ambient light and Illuminated lockable glove box.

•Leather-trimmed heated front bucket seats -inc: 8-way pwr driver seat, driver pwr lumbar, passenger-side "walk-in" feature
    •Driver & front passenger active head restraints
    •Fold-down rear seatback
    •Center console w/sliding armrest, storage compartments
    •Blue ambient console lighting
    •Floor mats
    •Tilt & telescopic steering column
    •Warning lights -inc: door & trunk open, fuel, coolant temp, low oil pressure, low brake fluid, Vehicle Stability Assist (VSA) on, passenger-side airbag shut-off
    •Maintenance Minder system
    •Pwr windows w/front auto-up/down, illuminated switches
    •Pwr door locks w/auto-lock
    •Remote entry system w/pwr window control, pwr trunk release
    •Cruise control
    •Remote fuel filler door & trunk release w/lock
    •Security system
    •Immobilizer theft-deterrent system
    •Dual-zone automatic climate control
    •Rear window defroster
    •Illuminated lockable glove box
    •Front & rear cup holders
    •Coin box
    •(2) 12V pwr outlets
    •Side door pockets
    •Sunglasses holder
    •Dual illuminated visor vanity mirrors
    •Map lights
    •Cargo area light
    •Premium interior accents
    •Driver & front passenger seatback pockets

and, of course, here's their disclaimer....

"We try to present information that is complete and accurate. However, as the possibility for data error exists, the information listed on this site may be incorrect and is not guaranteed".
  • mrbill1957mrbill1957 Posts: 818
    I wish there was something legally we could all do about that disclaimer.

Where do they draw the line? Could they install vinyl seats instead of leather? Could they install a 4 speed tranny and not the advertised 5? You could be paying more $ for something "heavy duty" or "sport suspension" or numerous other items, how are we as consumers suppose to verify we are getting what we are paying for?

Mrbill
    Isn't all the equipment, included on each car, listed on the window sticker? If not, it should be.
  • mrbill1957mrbill1957 Posts: 818
    edited March 2010
    Isn't all the equipment, included on each car, listed on the window sticker?

Good, question. Actually it doesn't. I'm looking at my window sticker and the sales brochure, and numerous items in the brochure do not appear on the window sticker.

As examples, The interior ambient console light, lock able glove box with light, dual illuminated vanity mirrors, rear window defroster, tachometer, and other features and numerous safety items are not shown on the sticker. Maybe the list would be too long to fit, but again, how do we verify what is there and what isn't.

When I research on what new car I would or would not be interested in, I do look at the options in the brochures. I would be more then a little P-Od if items were missing on my car I decided to buy. At least for my 04, it appears I got what was in the brochure.

Mrbill