Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

2010 Subaru Legacy B4 2.5GT First Drive

Karen@EdmundsKaren@Edmunds Posts: 5,023
edited March 8 in Subaru
So what about the all-new 2010 Subaru Legacy 2.5GT? Will it have a revised four-cylinder boxer turbo? Yep. And will it get a rehashed version of Subaru's symmetrical all-wheel drive? Yes. Will it be quick off the mark, will it handle well and will it deliver good value for money? Ah, yes, yes and yes again.

Karen-Edmunds Community Manager

Comments

• rshollandrsholland Posts: 19,653
    Good write up, but keep in mind that this is the JDM model, not the US-spec model. The differences may be small, but they're significant in how the car could be perceived here. It's a classic case of the "devil being in the details."

...One being that we don't get the 5EAT with the GT, which is what is tested here. There are many other MIA items in the US-spec models that this JDM model has, SI-Drive being an example.

Bob
  • sundog2sundog2 Posts: 3
    No worries, the first US production model rolled off the line yesterday. Just read an article in the local paper:
    http://www.jconline.com/article/20090530/BUSINESS/905300329

I'll be car shopping in a year or so, and am hoping Subaru decides to be nice and bring the Legacy Wagon as a 2011 model with a diesel engine.
  • ateixeiraateixeira Posts: 72,587
    Too bad we don't, check out the comments...

rockets to 60 mph from a standstill in a breath over 5 seconds

For an automatic - wow.

retuned blipping control on the downshifts

Sounds like they borrowed the idea from the 370Z.

electronically assisted power steering

I'm curious to sample this, many are very numb.

interior feels more luxurious thanks to higher-quality materials

JDM cars must get nicer materials. I thought they were par at best compared to the outgoing model.

radar cruise control

You just know we won't get that.

revamped McIntosh audio unit

Or that, too pricey.

Still a very encouraging sign.
  • jmessjmess Posts: 677
    Where is the 6 speed auto? Probably not much hope for a GT Wagon also. I don't care for the propped up and plastic clad fake SUV version.
  • rshollandrsholland Posts: 19,653
    Again... not the same car we're getting.

Here in the States the Legacy 2.5 GT will only come with a 6-speed manual, and will not have SI-Drive. Our car is also a little wider. I'm sure there are many other differences too.

Bob
  • ateixeiraateixeira Posts: 72,587
    FWIW, the extra width usually amounts to bigger fender flares or side mirrors. No metal body parts or chassis changes make up that extra width.
This discussion has been closed.