Edmunds dealer partner, Bayway Leasing, is now offering transparent lease deals via these forums. Click here to see the latest vehicles!

Infiniti Elite Maintenance Plan - is it worth having?

yasush_nj_09yasush_nj_09 Member Posts: 3
edited July 2014 in INFINITI
I just bought EX35 journey RWD and need to select maintenance package: 1) essential, 2) deluxe,3)elite 1 & 2, 4)premium.

my care includes:
premium package
tech package
navi + view monitor, wood trim etc

I am not sure if I had better have one of these. Could someone have this type of package share your thoughts?

In addition, the dealer recommends century finishing touch protection package. Is it worth?

Thanks,

Comments

• jmessjmess Member Posts: 677
    You don't need them and they are not worth it. These packages are all high dealer profit and low consumer value.
  • yasush_nj_09yasush_nj_09 Member Posts: 3
    Thanks for the tip. I am glad to hear from someone who shares the same thought. I will happily opt out these options.

I upgraded from a 10-year-old G20t to EX35. Time has past and things were changed. When I bought G20t, the dealer never told me such thing.

But now, the dealer confused me a lot with different maintenance packages and warranties. They are becoming like Dell/HP. Spending 40K and have to worry about a potential deadly mechanical failure from day one.
  • steverstever Guest Posts: 52,454
    The option they didn't give you is "none of the above." :shades:

You might enjoy Confessions of an Auto Finance Manager.
  • foxwizfoxwiz Member Posts: 1
    edited May 2010
    I calculated the cost of the service for my G37 Convertible at around $3500+ over the next 5 years/75k miles. This is paying as you go for oil changes every 3750 miles, the 14,30,45,60,75 services, fluids, and other misc items.

I purchased the Premium plan for $2339 and that gives me a savings of $1,161 over the next 75k miles. Since the package is in my loan, the payment doesn't go up that much and I don't have to fork over money for service each time I go to the dealer.

For example, the 30k service alone is about $670. I won't have that charge to deal with in 2 years!

Yes, it's a good deal.
  • yasush_nj_09yasush_nj_09 Member Posts: 3
    After one year, I only went to get service three times [every 3750 miles] and paid about $250 as total. It might be depending on how much you drive every year. if you drive a lot like 15K miles/year, It may make sense to get maintenance package.
This discussion has been closed.