Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Memories Of The Old GM And Its Cars

1141516171820»

Comments

• hpmctorquehpmctorque Posts: 4,118
    " It was a long time before they bought another GM car."

Which GM model did they buy when they tried GM again?
  • benjaminhbenjaminh Posts: 1,623
    What a story!! Talk about a tragicomedy!

I had a 1969 Pontiac Catalina Safari wagon for all of about 8 months in 1986. Not surprisingly for a car that age then it needed a lot work. But when it ran it was pretty cool. Just an absolute monster of a car. Huge beyond belief. Held 9 people easily, and if some were small and kids you probably could have fit 11. It was probably a bit bigger than your 64...
  • fezofezo Posts: 9,195
    Applauding the totaled car reminds me of the old 61 Valiant wagon we inherited from my grandfather. It was a real piece of junk and one day my dad left work and the car wouldn't start. When a mechanic looked at it he said someone had try to hotwire it to steal it and couldn't get it started. We were all sorry he hadn't succeeded.

Also have a horrible Pontiac wagon story. My dad picked up a really cheap 58 Safari wagon that was nothing but trouble. One day my brothers and I, who were maybe 11 - 14 at the time pile into the car where a woman that worked for him was going to drop us somewhere. Right in the parking lot the thing had a sudden acceleration issue with my dad standing there watching! She managed to right the thing with no damage to anyone or even the car but that was the end of that one.
  • Stever@EdmundsStever@Edmunds YooperlandPosts: 38,958
    edited September 2011
    100 Greatest Chevrolets of All Time (Inside Line)

Happy Birthday Chevy (11/3).

• berriberri Posts: 4,001
    Now that scenery doesn't look like the UP - what is it around a 65 Malibu? Clean lines on that one.
  • Stever@EdmundsStever@Edmunds YooperlandPosts: 38,958
    That's #53 in the gallery:

"1966 Chevelle SS 396: With 72,272 sold, this model solidified the Chevelle as a muscle car icon. All SS models packed 396 big-block V8s, with horsepower ratings of 325, 360 or 375".

The vegetation looks like it could be lower Michigan. Dunno.