Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Nissan Quest/Mercury Villager problems

Comments

• mdengmdeng Posts: 28
    The only reason that I still posting here is that Dealers and Nissan Reps also visit this forum.

I do appericate all the suggestion came from your guys that try to help me out with the issue.

Unfortunatly, all that Nissan and my Dealer can only tell me is "It Is the Nature of the Beast" and "It is uncomfortable, but it is within SPEC."

Can you take this as a solution?
  • md_techmd_tech Posts: 84
    The Nissan Quest is a smooth driving vehicle. But what they don't inform consumers of is that the Quest is a joint venture of Ford Motor Company. The Engine and Transmission are Nissan but if you want to lay blame on interior problems that would be Ford's problem. Go check out the Ford Windstar and see if they have the same problem in there vans...

Just A helpful Hint,
    Kristina(touring host)
  • jules226jules226 Posts: 3
    Hi all. Looks like I missed some hot topics here while I have been busy driving around town with the kiddies. I have had my quest for 2 1/2 months now. I purchased it used with 22,000 miles on it. I have no rattling in the rear seat. I do have a problem with a vapor valve setting off my engine light constantly. I am waiting for the part. I am also getting my horn replaced because it keeps blowing a fuse. I replaced the fuses myself and told them so. No problem ordering new horn. I did have th dead battery situation this morning at 4:30 coming home from work. This is a first for me. Luckily a jump helped and so far today everythings been fine. I will ask next time I am in for the other parts what the deal is. I will ask about a possible dead cell. Thanks for your feedback. I immediately remembered reading about it in previous writings.
    All in all I still love my van. I felt the honda was too big and I did not like the way the trans shifted. I have had bad luck with trannys. My 95 mazda blew one at 30,000, my corolla at 45,000 and my ooooollllld ford fairmont at 60,000. Remember those? Anyways I love the trans on the quest. I have no other complaints and would recommend everyone to take a look and all the options you get with this van. My local dodge dealer has nothing but caravans sitting in his lot for service. Its nice to be able to go to nissan and get in and out in less than 1 hour. My son especially likes the fact they have the disney channel for him. Hope this helps all you in your quest for the (perfect) minivan:) Just remember nothing is ever perfect.
  • jkrolakjkrolak Posts: 38
    MDENG,
    Nissan DID replace your van, the dealer did not do it alone. You were lucky to get a direct replacement for $1. Nissan has gone an extra mile for you -- if what you say is true. Go over to the Oddyssey forum to see how bad a van, warranty and company and dealer can be. Taping conversations is a standard way for many companies to understand if their employees are doing their job correctly -- and they always notify the caller when they do. They sometimes tape when the caller gets abusive and crosses over the line by cursing, threatening, etc. -- items that may possibly lead to police investigation of the caller. You want attention -- be careful what you wish for, threatening a dealer or company is a felony.
  • Anybody having this problem? My Quest 1999 makes a squeaking sound only when I go over a bump at a very slow speed. Took it to the local dealer, and they wanted to change some front-end parts. Waiting for the dealer to confirm the parts from the Nissan parts warehouse. Hopefully the squeaking will be gone. Just came from a trip to Vegas. Roundtrip about 3k, Quest drove nicely without any problem. I enjoyed the drive very much, and got 23-24 MPG on Hwy.
  • sylviaww1sylviaww1 Posts: 1
    Hi,
    I'm thinking about buying a 1994 Quest XE from a friend's friend. The car has 63K miles, power windows and locks, dual air, and driver's side air bag.
    I'd like to hear from anyone who's had experience with this model. I'm looking for a quiet car, with good body integrity, reliable, and no constant annoying electrical problems (as in my old Mits Montero). Decent acceleration is a plus.
    Thank you!
    Sylvia
  • pocahontaspocahontas Posts: 802
    The older a vehicle gets, the more likely it is to have electrical problems. Friends of mine, with a 94 GXE, had to replace a power window motor (at 50k) and the a/c directional control motor (at 75k).

They actually considered these minor problems. Of course, it also helped that they were covered on their extended service warranty. I believe these prob's combined would have cost them several hundred dollars.

With as many electrical components that this van has, it may not be a bad idea to purchase an extended warranty. My 2 cents. Good luck. ;-)

Pocahontas,
    Edmund's Community Leader
  • azceltazcelt Posts: 1
    Hello, we are shopping for Quests 94-97
    Where can I go online with the VIN # to find if any warranty work has been done on a specific vehicle?
  • pocahontaspocahontas Posts: 802
    I'm not sure where you can get warranty work information online.

But I do know that you can get that kind of information directly through Nissan Corporation Customer service. 1-800-nissan1

Just let them know you're shopping for a used vehicle, and you'd like to get as much information as you can about it.... They've been pretty cooperative/helpful with me in the past. They can also verify what factory options are on the vehicle.

Good luck. ;-)

Pocahontas,
    Community Leader/Coupes, Convertibles, and Sportscars Conference
  • bkerberbkerber Posts: 1
    You can go to Carfax (there is a link on edmunds) I looked up our old van and found 2 items listed. We had had 2 transmissions installed under warranty. You do have to pay to find out exactly what the work was.
  • charles15charles15 Posts: 57
    Check the manifold bolts on the older Quests. I believe they were problematic and had to be replaced at considerable expense on the Villager. I believe that Nissan replaced them under warranty but probably will not do so now.
    Daric, did you get an answere from Nissan Service Rep on the mid-seat shaking issue?

I am going to the hearing on this issue this Friday (6/23). I want to conference you in if possible (or allowed).

Another person (Ralph Long), who had the same problem, and sued Nissan before will be available for conference call too.

You can email me:

mdeng@versata.com

thanks,

mdeng
  • pat84pat84 Posts: 817
    Many Companies notify their telephone customers that they are "taping this conversation to ....provide better service, etc". This is primarily due to some States require that both parties to a telephone conversation be notified and agree to the taping of the conversation. This is required regardless of State of origin or receipt of the phone call. IMHO that is the primary reason for the taping notice. Check with Linda Tripp; MD is one of those States requiring both parties' agreement to taping phone calls.
    BTW Renault has bought controlling interest in Nissan, sacre blue.
    Owns the controlling interest in Nissan, are they going to rename the "Quest" the "Quest-ce que cela"?
    Now when you see an Odyssey, you can say "laissez les bon temps roullez".
    Hi, Folks

I opened the mid-row bench of my Quest Van. Trying to locate the damper described by this Rep
    as: A piece of metal, mounted to the seat back with rubber bushes.

There is not a single sign of such a thing ever exist, or suppose to exist.

This guy in order to cover his lie in the past, made another lie under the oath in the Hearing.
    my vote for president. :)
    Did you make a video tape of your problem seat to refute the Nissan rep ? IMHO if you had spent half the effort coming up with a harmonic balancer for your seat as you did with fighting with Nissan you might be happier. I have to ask, if you get your wish and Nissan refunds your sale price what are you going to buy to replace it ?
    I brought the Van to the Hearing and the Arbitrator tested it.

BTW.
    pat84, How do you like your 99 Honda Odyssey? Do you need a "harmonic balancer" for it?
    My ODY does not need a harmonic balancer. It is 1 year old, my sales person sent me a birthday card for it. In 19.8K miles it has only had routine maintenance. It runs really well. One of the best vehicles I've ever had the pleasure of driving.(I have been driving for almost 40 years).
    I've had some really good cars and some real pieces of garbage. One of the absolute best cars I've ever had was a Nissan 240SX SE 5 speed.
    Thanks for asking about my ODY. What about answering the other question about what happens if you get your wish ? You don't have to post your answer, I think you should think about it IMHO.
    I do not know yet. I bought the Van because my parents will visit me in Augest from China. Plus my a two boys, and my wife, I do need a Van. I think I learned my lesson this time.

No mater what Van I am going to buy, I will bring my whole family with me, and test it throughly.

Do you have any recommandation?
    For the size of the Quest, I would first look at the Toyota Sienna and then look at the Mazda MPV.

regards,

Pat
This discussion has been closed.