Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Nissan Quest/Mercury Villager problems

Comments

• okmomokmom Posts: 37
    My 2000 Quest head light has very lose connection.
    I put the black tape to keep it in the place.
    sometimes works, sometimes have to re tape.
    Okay, I went the Nissan dealer this morning.
    The engine 100m harness (#24012-7B115) $545.50 +tax !!

I didn't bother to ask about the labor.

Does anyone bought the used parts on the web?
    Which one is reliable?

Thanks.
  • kymikekymike Posts: 115
    Are you past your warranty period? If not, this should be a warranty repair (unless you have had damage due to an accident).

My '99 villager had problems with one headlight connector. The dealer replaced both connectors (spliced into the wiring harness) under warranty.

If the problem is at the headlight connection, you should be able to get the connector replaced for much, much less than you are being quoted for a wiring harness.
  • okmomokmom Posts: 37
    My 2000 Quest has over 50K miles.
    so, no warranty.

The Nissan dealer said there is no "headlight connector" for my car.
    I have to buy the whole unit.
  • steverstever YooperlandPosts: 40,006
    I think you need a second opinion from a different mechanic. Kymike isn't the only one reporting connector problems here - try a Search This Discussion for "headlight" for some more.

Steve, Host

Need help navigating? stever@edmunds.com - or send a private message by clicking on my name.

• kymikekymike Posts: 115
    If your dealer will only sell you the entire harness, I would look for another dealer willing to be creative or for an independent mechanic.

I had a similar problem on my Miata where the connector had corroded and a wire broke off when I went to change the bulb. My Mazda dealer sold me wire connectors that I could splice into my wiring because a connector was not sold separately. Make certain you have the appropriate size wire connectors.
  • yespadsyespads Posts: 8
    Hi

During the 30000 miles service, dealer found that the steering pinions need replacement and he did it. Still, I am getting the vibration but, negligible. I am working on milage problem now.

Steve and Revka : Thanks for the suggestions.
  • activex111activex111 Posts: 41
    Hi,
    The rear wiper on my '96 villager stopped working. The washer fliud works but the wiper does not. I checked the fuse and it is fine. I saw a few posts about rear wiper not working on this forum but did not see any solution. Can someone please post their experience if they solved such a problem, such as what and where to look etc... thanks...
  • reggimonreggimon Posts: 1
    To All: My Villager just passed 267,000 miles.
    Around 70,000 miles the engine was recalled and replaced free of charge by Ford. So far, no transmission or engine problems. I'm shooting for 1M miles...
    What year is it anyway? Are you doing anything special for your "routine" maintenance?

Congrats!

Steve, Host

Need help navigating? stever@edmunds.com - or send a private message by clicking on my name.

• riswamiriswami Posts: 192
    is your Nautica? I have a 98 with almost 54k. Bought it with 38k last year. I really like the van, so any info I can is appreciated.
  • bobbya2bobbya2 Posts: 35
    I would be grateful if any suggestions for price and problems info.
    I saw vehicle and verbally OK deal. My friend test-drove as he fixes his own cars at home.
    Did not see underneath for leaks of any kind as
    Seller seemed decent and honest.
    But my Mechanic who lives 50 miles away and did not see van, Recommends Timing-belt change, & Minor tune-up immediately.
    Asking price was $8000 and verbally finalized at $6700 and Book Value is $8300.
    I was shopping for used 95-96 camry and already camry, but my wife asked me to look for Mini-Van instead.
    Thanks in advance
    The Edmunds Maintenance Guide will tell you what the factory suggested maintenance intervals are.

I'm not sure which book you looked at, but you can run a customized price appraisal here using the "Used" links and drilling down to the Quest pricing pages.

Steve, Host

• stickguystickguy Posts: 14,170
    for the resident Quest heads. I believe this has been referenced before, so hopefully an easy one to answer.

My wife has a '99 Quest. Recently, the driver's window has been acting up. Sometimes it won't respond when you push/pull the button, but eventually works if you jiggle the button a bit.

Is this usually a switch issue, or the regulator? And, how big (and expensive) a deal is it to get fixed?

Another couple of foibles, and wifee will start making more noise about a new car (which she does whenever the old one has a problem). I better hurry up and get one for myself before it is too late.

2013 Acura RDX (wife's), 2007 Volvo S40 (when daughter lets me see it), 2000 Acura TL (formerly son's, now mine again), and new Jetta SE (son's first new car on his own dime!)

A quick discussion search turns this up:

dhoff Mar 23, 2002 10:30am

Steve, Host

• packer31packer31 Posts: 3
    first pending major cost after 115k miles--what are the consequences of NOT repairing broken manifold exhaust bolts? thanks in advance for response.
  • dnuggetdnugget Posts: 17
    Anybody there knows the correct wheel torque setting for the 2000 Villager Sport's alloy wheels? Thanks.
  • Our 95 Villager LS is just over 91,000 miles.
    Mostly trouble free. All of a sudden today, it randomly will loose the electronic dash, the windows, turn signals, radio etc don't work, but the engine still runs. Transmission acts as it is starting in second or even third gear. I think it even drops out of fourth (overdrive) when this happens. A few minutes later, it all comes back. Twice it happened when we needed to shut it off. It started and all functions came back a few minutes later. First time it happened, the wife said it wouldn't crank. She called me, and then tried it a minutes later and it started. The mouse seat belts and lights at the bottom of the doors still work when all else is out.
    Any ideas?
  • haropharop Posts: 59
    My wife has a 97 quest and in 6 years the only problem we have, is the Radio ON/Off push button does not function. I found a little workaround:
    insert audio tape - this will activate tape
    eject audio tape - this will turn off the system, including radio.
    Anyway, does anybody knows how to fix this? I am just hopind some little trick may fix, otherwice this is not a big problem.
  • mgflmgfl Posts: 11
    The Cruise Control on my 1994 Quest just stopped working. The Cruise Control button lights up when pressed, but nothing happens when I press the steering wheel control to set the speed and the dash light does not turn on. Any ideas?
  • mn_patmn_pat Posts: 67
    I am thinking of purchase a popup camper to pull behind my Quest. How does the Quest handle towing? How much does it cost to have a hitch installed?

Thanks
This discussion has been closed.