Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

2010 Acura MDX

g35shopperg35shopper Posts: 5
I am shopping for a replacement for my RX330. Has anyone heard what changes Acura might be making for the 2010 MDX?
Tagged:

Comments

• rv65rv65 Posts: 1,074
    The 2010 MDX will get a new front and rear end. I've seen it and it looks like the current MDX mixed in with the 09 TL. The grille looks much better on the MDX then it does on the 09 TL. The Nav system might be HDD based with that gorgeous 8.0" WVGA display. I do know that it's coming out on 8.25.09. Hope this helps.
  • pfetayapfetaya Posts: 13
    This is very helpful. Do you kwo if it will get the keyless go system?
  • I'm totally in the market for a new MDX Sport/Ent. An Acura dealer sales guy told me there were a bunch of tweaks to the 2010 but didn't know exactly what they were - beyond styling on the front end.

I anxious to learn what the new tweaks are -- all cosmetic or some significant performance enhancements (electronics, suspension, other). If it's just cosmetic, it will make sense to look into the 2009 after the release of the 2010.

Anyone have a line list of enhancements for the 2010?
  • lewis3lewis3 Posts: 25
    I have been told that it will have a new 6 speed transmission. The new ZDX will have the new 6 speed and I have been told that the MDX will pick it up.
  • arthurtarthurt Posts: 1
    Hey guys, what is the reasonable lease for MDX 09 or 10 for 36 month?
  • Stever@EdmundsStever@Edmunds YooperlandPosts: 38,950
    Try the Acura MDX Lease Questions discussion. The residual values aren't looking too good at the moment I guess.
  • rmuralirmurali Posts: 10
    When will the 2010 MDX model be available for purchase? When will Acura's website let you custom build the 2010 model for pricing? Thanks.
  • maxzoey1maxzoey1 Posts: 34
    2010 MDX will be released August 25th. I assume that is when the website will be available to build the 2010 model.I saw the 2010 MDX colors last week on templeof vtec.com.
  • rmuralirmurali Posts: 10
    Thanks for the information and thank you for the link to the preview site.
  • buyusedbuyused Posts: 11
    I hope you're right, but I wouldn't count on it. Honda suppliers in Marysville Ohio are clients of mine, and what little (very little) info I get indicates that Acura is really trying to set the ZDX as a "Premium Luxury Crossover" rather than a mere "Luxury Crossover". Given that, it wouldn't suprise me if they held off on the 6AT for the MDX until the next full model change.

ZDX will also have paddle shifters and heated AND cooled front seats.
  • sl1288sl1288 Posts: 42
    Here are the new features of the 2010 MDX.

2010 Acura MDX Luxury SUV

The 2010 Acura MDX features substantial improvements which increase performance and efficiency while also raising the level of luxury and prestige the MDX currently enjoys. For those customers who want the latest in customer enhancing technologies, the MDX will offer a new “Advance” package.
    MDX

* New 6-speed automatic transmission improves performance and fuel economy
    * Numerous styling enhancements included new front fascia and redesigned alloy wheels
    * Technology improvements include an available hard disc drive, iPOD and USB music compatibility , new real-time traffic re-routing capabilities and multi-view backup camera
    * Interior upgrades throughout
    * Available "Advance" Package includes active suspension, adaptive cruise control, Collision Mitigation Braking System™ (CMBS™), blind spot information system and one inch larger diameter wheels (19-inch)
    * Additional information will be available later in the year

http://www.vtec.net/news/news-item?news_item_id=842310
  • sedmundsedmund Posts: 93
    Some info released on 2010 MDX here and here. The updates like 6-speed transmission, HD based audio system and ipod/usb connectivity are welcome. But looks like the keyless start system isn't included which is extremely disappointing. It's not confirmed, but there is no mention of it and one of the images clearly shows the key and no sight of the push button start. Our CX9 lease will be up next year so we were getting curious as to what changes the MDX will bring in 2010, but this lack of keyless start could really be a deal breaker for us. Can't imagine stepping down to the regular "keys" after getting used to this really cool feature in both of our cars. Can't believe Acura isn't introducing this in the year 2010, my CX9 is 2007 which has this and especially now-a-days this feature is showing up in lot of cars :(
  • upstatedocupstatedoc Posts: 710
    Ugh, they went from shield to beak. I was just getting used to the shield on my '07.
  • The early MDX had loads of transmission problems - that finally resolved with the second generation. Is this new 6-speed a proven transmission or is the 2010 MDX a new experiment? I worry about these kinds of improvements....
  • 10sfan10sfan Posts: 136
    Just visited an Acura dealer and spoke with the new car manager regarding the 2010 MDX. Due to problems with this new 6 speed transmission, delivery of the 2010 MDX will most likely be December 2009.
    Therefore, Acura will continue to produce and deliver to dealers the 2009 model.
  • go_mdx1go_mdx1 Posts: 135
    Wow....postponing the 2010 MDX rollout to December is not good. Nearly all of the 09 inventory has been sold. Sounds like they'll need to crank back up the production lines OR no one will be able to get a reasonably priced MDX until supply is replenished.

I got my 01 MDX on the first day of production back in Oct 2000. I took a big risk on purchasing the MDX 4 months before delivery started and got very lucky with my purchase. Its now got over 110,000 "mostly" trouble free miles.

BTW - The current generation MDXs have held their resale values extremely well!! Check out Carmax to see that for examples.
  • go_mdx1go_mdx1 Posts: 135
    Anyone know when the 2010 MDXs will arrive?? My local dealership just sold their last 2009 MDX. So much for getting a good deal on remaining 09's.
  • Was at the South Coast Acura dealership in So. California over the weekend... they said that the MDX won't be out until February 2010. They also said they do expect shipments of 2009 MDX's soon.
  • Just yesterday I signed papers to purchase a 2009 MDX. The vehicle is not scheduled to be manufactured until Oct 20-24 and won't get delivered until the first week of November. So while dealer inventory is extremely low, they still continue to churn out 2009 models this late in the calendar year.
This discussion has been closed.