It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!
2005 Subaru Outback 2.5i Lemon
- 17k & 24k - Headlights replaced by me.
- 30k - rubber moulding along rear windows cracked replaced by dealer. Told common problem.
- 35k - Starting issues for which dealer had vehicle for over a week, even took issue to conferenece. Replaced fuel pump that they hoped corrected the issue.
- 45k - Engine overhaul as a result of burning oil. Ended up replacing valve stem seals to correct problem.
- 80k - Check engine light came on. Exhaust guide #3 had dropped resulting in replacement of head/guide. Waiting month for parts. Covered under powertrain.
- 80k - Check engine light came on return trip from dealer. This time both O2 sensors replaced but failed to clear error "too rich". Dealer to bring issue back to Japan which is common manufacturers defect. Engine light still on....
Besides all this...idle has never been consistant being mostly at 500rpm before jumping to 800rpm before dropping back again. It's a manual transmission.
We trust the safety factor with the car...but really frustrated with expensive vehicle that has lead to many issues and potentially expensive issues down the road. Unable to sell with this track record! Anyone else dealing with this.