Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Need help troubleshooting

fatfred82fatfred82 Posts: 1
I brought our 2003 Forester in a month ago to replace the rear bumper after a small bump in a parking lot, and it was just pointed out to me recently that the rear driver side light didn't work. I examined it while parked, and it's kinda weird because the brake lights work, the turn signals work, the hazards work and so do the reverse lights. It's only the running light on the driver's side, the running lights on the passenger side work just fine. I pulled the light assembly off and the wires and connections all look fine to me. Anyways, I have no idea where to even begin tracking down the fault. I could try to bring it back to the shop, but their service sucked and it's been so long since the repair I doubt they would even accept it as their problem, so I'd like to just take care of it myself. Any help in this matter would be appreciated.

Comments

• ateixeiraateixeira Posts: 72,587
    I think, not sure, but I think it's the same as the brake light bulb, except there are two filaments inside the bulb (dim one for the tail light, bright one for the brake light).

Change that bulb, should be a couple of bucks to try. Some times it's not even obvious that it burned out.