Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

2011 Toyota Sienna

Comments

• I am trying to decide whether to buy a 2010 Sienna Limited model or wait for a 2011. My garage doors are a little narrow and the 2010 limited has power folding mirrors which make it more convenient to get in and out of the garage. On our old Sienna we have to stop the car, get out and manually fold the mirrors. This gets to be inconvenient in the rain or winter snow.

I can't find any indication that the 2011 limitedmodel has the power folding mirrors. My dealer is trying to find out, but I was hoping someone here might have seen the car close up and could report on this feature.

Barry
  • wwestwwest Posts: 10,706
    Our nighttime vision, specifically color recognition, declines pretty seriously, precipitously, after age 60. Upgrading to HID headlights, brighter, narrower light spectrum (~4300K, close to our sun's light spectrum) can be of tremendous help.

Simplest way to upgrade, legally upgrade, is called buying a "new" car. Absent that be sure the upgrade is done along "legal" lines and is of the projector type.
    I think you might have more luck going to Ebay and buying power folding mirrors to retrofit to a Sienna.
  • ateixeiraateixeira Posts: 72,587
    Thanks for clarifying which models get DI and which ones don't. Strange indeed.

I wrote: "..The engine has the same 266hp in today's van..."

You replied: Your point being....??

My point being it did not get DI, which is what the OP was asking.

Why is it that the F/awd Venza is available with the new I4 but not the HL or Sienna...?? The weight is about the same for all three.

Actually the 2011 Sienna does get the 2.7l 4 cylinder option.

EPA mpg improves by 1-2mpg.
    Check the lens covers to make sure they're clean and totally clear. They can get hazy after 10 years. You may even want to polish them.
  • nobonobo Posts: 305
    Plastic lenses on headlights fog over time. Like a cataract. There are plastic polishing kits sold at auto supply houses that can repair some of the problem.
    The new Sienna is NOT available with F/awd AND the 4 cylinder.
    Sure it is, with FWD at least.

http://www.autoblog.com/2009/12/02/la-2009-2011-toyota-sienna-could-wear-a-lexus- - -badge/

That V6 is the same 3.5-liter Dual Variable Valve Timing with intelligence (VVT-i) unit available today, with 266 horsepower. The engine is stout enough to give the Sienna a 3,500-pound tow capacity while returning mileage of 18 mpg city and 24 mpg highway. Also available in Sienna and LE will be the VVT-i 2.7-liter four-cylinder engine with 187 horses and a slight bump in mileage to 19/26.
  • berriberri Posts: 4,142
    I wonder if its going to have dumb tires like the Highlander? Hopefully, they'll stay mainstream with the new Sienna.
    What tires are those? You mean run-flats?
  • kdhspyderkdhspyder Posts: 7,160
    I assume that you mean 2011.

It depends entirely on supply and demand. There's no getting around that. At the initial launch when dealers have one vehicle to show I wouldn't expect to get a killer deal. Maybe in the Spring when supply can start flowing dealers will be willing to be flexible.

However if it's a huge hit and demand exceeds supply you might have to wait until summer or fall. That's what happened when the Gen 2 Sienna was launched. It was launched in March of 03 and supply didn't catch up with demand until the following December.
  • berriberri Posts: 4,142
    Personally, there aren't any run-flats out there I'd want on any vehicle, but no, I'm talking about odd sized tires that have poor traction and durability, plus cost a fortune to replace. Let's hope Toyota doesn't repeat that stupidity on the new Sienna.
  • rcf8000rcf8000 Posts: 619
    The biggest problem with run-flats that I see is that you're likely to have a big problem finding a replacement when you need one.
  • I'm somewhat new to Edmunds, and would appreciate how the discussion of run-flats, whatever they may be, has to do with headlight replacement. Can someone explain this please?
  • tsu670tsu670 Posts: 293
    "I'm somewhat new to Edmunds, and would appreciate how the discussion of run-flats, whatever they may be, has to do with headlight replacement. Can someone explain this please?"

They're not related. I think your original post probably belonged in a different thread. This thread is about the new redesigned 3rd generation 2011 Sienna that was just unveiled this month. Someone asked if this new model will have "dumb tires" on it, and that led to a discussion about run-flats.

You might get better results for your headlight question if you were to click "Add a discussion" under the "Search Toyota Sienna" field in the upper right of the screen.
    Discussions here aren't threaded like other forums, perhaps that's created the confusion.

Your question probably was under the wrong category of topics, hence the lack of responses.

Maybe a Problems & Solutions category would be a better place to ask.
  • I think you have correctly identified the cause of my headlight problem. Getting older has so many surprised and it appears I have discovered yet another.

Thanks wwest. If you aren't a physician, perhaps you should be.
    http://www.insideline.com/toyota/sienna/2011/2011-toyota-sienna-first-drive.html- #add-comment

Not sure about that 0-60 estimate, seems way too conservative.

They really liked the handling, but noted the loss of legroom.
  • Time to build a bigger garage!
    Just finished my 2 car- 10 foot ceilings- 16x8 door with all cedar siding and trim plus its got attic storage space.

No wonder I could only afford a used CE.
    Sounds like a garage-mahal. :shades: