Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Subaru Justy

2»

Comments

• ateixeiraateixeira Posts: 72,587
    If you have a knock it may be carbon deposits in the cylinder. These effectively increase the compression ratio, and can cause knocking.

So what I'd suggest is a good throttle body and FI cleaning. They don't cost too much and after we did this to our Mazda 626 it drove like new.

The rattle is probaly a heat shield. If it was a bearing the noise would be speed dependent, but engine-rpm independent.

justynough: congrats. The population of Subies in Florida just doubled! LOL

-juice
  • vocusvocus Posts: 7,777
    You are just all over these Subaru boards, aren't you? :) I thought about a Justy for a commuter car (~70 miles daily, all highway), but we shall see.

How is your Legacy holding up?

Vocus
    Actually I don't subscribe to this one, but I do try to check in when I have the time.

Our new Subie is fine, about 4k miles so far. Mods include 15" alloys from a Legacy Turbo, ASC power moonroof, full size spare tire, cargo area liner, and 6CD changer. Plus a leather shift knob.

It's lookin' nice, and my total investment is still just $19k. Hard to beat for everything I got, in fact impossible to beat because no mid-size AWD can come close.

-juice
  • rshollandrsholland Posts: 19,663
    I was out driving the wife's Forester this afternoon, and noticed that the brake pedal squeaks (whistles?) when you first apply the brakes.

When I got home, I turned off the engine, and pumped the brakes several times, and sure enough, the pedal whistles when you first apply it. I also noticed, that when parked and after pumping the brakes a few times, the pedal seems not to go down quite as far, and the pedal whistling disappeared!

Anybody got any idea what's going on?

Bob
  • paisanpaisan Posts: 21,181
    That's cause the brake booster is w/o power when the car is off. You usually get 2-3 pumps then it becomes hard.

As for the squeek, it's probably in the brake light switch possibly.

-mike
  • rshollandrsholland Posts: 19,663
    must be the reason I posted that question in this forum, and not the "Problem" forum?! Please forgive my "senior moment" here...

Bob
    Grease up the pedal hinges with lithium grease, they sell the stuff in spray cans.

-juice
    4wd 5-mt dirt cheap!

-mike
  • thanks for all who responded with :Justy scrapy rattily noise @ low rpm, it was the exhaust.

dad replaced battery, touched wrong wire. nothing works or turns over..but I have a strong doorchime. a mechanic told my dad to check the inline fuse. where is it?
    Please email me at waltermahar@hotmail.com thanks!!!
  • nippononlynippononly SF Bay AreaPosts: 12,691
    an ad for an '88 Justy, 5 spd 4WD, $650/ofr. Says it is running good....I might have to look into that...it is the 3-cylinder model though...was there a 4-cylinder model?

2013 Civic SI, 2009 Outback Sport 5-spd (stick)

• lngtonge18lngtonge18 Posts: 2,228
    All Justys had 3 cylinder engines.
  • nippononlynippononly SF Bay AreaPosts: 12,691

2013 Civic SI, 2009 Outback Sport 5-spd (stick)

Were turbos though.

-mike
2»
This discussion has been closed.