Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Honda Accord Hybrid IMA Batteries

• d-automatic/electrical-exhaust-heater-fuel/center-module

The above link will lead you to a site to purchase the part. The part is item #9. Look on you Tube for the installation instruction
  • Does anyone have or know where I can obtain the specifications to the HAH battery pack? I want to make my own grid charger, but I don't have any information on the batteries, what is the maximum voltage they can be charged to, how many cells/sticks the pack holds, how many individual cells/batteries are in each stick, what are their voltages etc. Without this information, I am afraid to try and grid charge as I don't know what is the max voltage and amperage I should be setting the charger to. I really wish someone who has built a grid charger for the Accord Hybrid had taken the time to document the process, details, connections so that those of us catching up can follow in their footsteps. I am frustrated with the lack of support for our car as it applies to DIY charging/refreshing of the battery.

• agermainagermain Posts: 1
    I have a 2005 HAH with 145K miles. Recently the check engine light came on -- went off again 2 days later. If the IMA light came on I did not notice it. I had the code checked and they said it was the hybrid battery. No surprise after 10 years and all those miles. Anyway, I would prefer not to spend the $3K if I don't have to. After all, the HAH has 3 energy saving features (3 cylinder mode, shuts off the gas engine at stoplights, and the IMA). Only the IMA needs the hybrid battery (right? Or is it needed to restart when in "Auto-stop"?) So what happens if the hybrid battery is dead? Can I still get home? Etc.