Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

2010 Chevrolet Equinox First Drive

2»

Comments

• npgmbrnpgmbr Posts: 248
    Wow thats a really interesting grade (3 out of 10)?

Now the thing that sticks out most to me is that you have known these mechanics for over 60 years and say that they are ASE certified. If thats the case these mechanics should very well know that the vast majority of vehicles made today require an owner to take the vehicle to a mechanic to have the bulbs replaced.

That very fact is true for my 10 year old 99 Infinity G20 (which I will soon replace with a 2010 Equinox). Ask your mechanics why headlamps are designed this way? Their answer will reveal whether or not they can be certified to work on modern vehicles.
    To give a vehicle a grade of 3 out of 10 on just two things is suspect. It screams of either bias or lack of knowledge.

Considering the size of the Equinox as compared to its competitors and the fact that it gets better fuel mileage than its competitors should have rang a bell with you ASE certified friends. Is it possible that the way the engine and transmission are configured helps to contribute to the fuel efficiency of the vehicle?

If I were you, I'd ask a professional these questions and see what they think. A very good place to start is Pat Goss of Goss' Garage. This man knows his stuff and will give it to you straight.
  • nifty56nifty56 Posts: 279
    I have a Mazda 3 and in the manual it says if a headlight bulb needs to be changed take it to your dealer, It also shows you how to change it. I have changed 2 so far with no problem. Maybe GM is doing the same, giving an option of taking it to a dealer and also showing how to do it if you want to do it yourself..so will need to do some checking..so maybe the engineers aren't idiots its the marketing people....
  • I recently purchased a 2010 Equinox and did not even consider the light bulbs. Why? because how often do they burn out on new vehicles? Not much, that's why. My vehicle that I recently replaced was a 2000 Chevy Blazer that had 201,000+ miles on it, and I never had to replace a single bulb for the 10 years that I drove it. I hope your decision on the Equinox is not solely based upon bulbs.
    I purchased my new Equinox on Sept 18, now have 1750 miles on it. Love it!.
  • >> 2 ASE certified mechanics whom I have knowned for over 60 years with over 70 years worth of experience. <<

Well that explains it. You're a bunch of senile old farts. I would advise narrow minded old gits like you NOT to buy an Equinox.

However, I'm going to enjoy my Equinox, the room, the quiet ride, the modern electonic console and the 22/32MPG. The styling is cutting edge as well. Plus, it's an American designed automobile manufactured by an American company that employs American workers (inclding some Canadians and Japanese etc.)
  • runoxrunox Posts: 153
    The 2010 line-up is stellar.
  • geohovgeohov Posts: 23
    Very true.
2»
This discussion has been closed.