Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

2002 Kia Sedona not starting - 0335 code - Crankshaft position sensor

peteddpetedd Posts: 3
Help.

Our 2002 Kia Sedona just decided not to start (turns over but does not ignite and run) one afternoon. It is producing 0335 codes (Crankshaft Position Sensor Circuit). I replaced it. Still not starting and still producing the same code. (I have cleared the codes many times and after just a few seconds of cranking the code comes back).

When reassembling I saw that the camshaft sensor wires were pinched, so I fixed them. Still no start and still getting the same code.

I went through the whole diagnostic. The harness is okay BUT I am seeing exactly 5.00 volts on the crankshaft and camshaft power supply lines. The manual saves this should be the same as the battery voltage, which is about 12V now. I traced the wires back to the ECM and there are no shorts in the CKPS to ECM harness. All resistances to ground, etc, check out... except for the 5.00 V instead of 12V.

I have not found any bad fuses or relays. HELP! any wisdom here?

Comments

• peteddpetedd Posts: 3
    Pinched camshaft position sensor wire took out IGNITION FUSE. Replaced it and we were back to the races.

Figured it out by tracing the power source on the wiring diagrams that I downloaded from eautorepair.com :blush:
  • mine is doing the exact same thing you think all i need to replace is the ignition fuse mine is an 03
  • peteddpetedd Posts: 3
    Without being snarky... perhaps it is easier to check the fuse than to ask me to speculate on your car. Hope the fuse is all it is if you have eliminated the other potential causes that I diagnosed on my car. Good luck.
  • I have a 2002 kia sedona with 180,000 miles. For last 2 weeks car will instantly stall anywhere from 5 mph to 60 mph. Other days can drive all day and not a single "hiccup". Sometimes it stalls and starts with just a big "hiccup" other times I have to shift into nuetral or stop and restart. Sometimes restarting takes several tries. Engine codes says 0335 crankshaft sensor. I found one website on hotw to change yourself "kafossils.tripod.com" but looks like a real job. I am curious on how much work it is to change out.
  • My daughter has a 2002 Sedona and it has the same stalling problems everyone else has. Its been going on a month. We have changed the coil pack, put in new spark plugs, oil change, air filter and fuel ejector fluid. We are sheduled to replaced the crankshaft sensor in 2 days but if that not going to fix the problem, I don't want to do it. We live in South Dakota and this all started when the temps here got into the 90s. Please Help
  • We have had our 2002 sedona since October of last year. Didn't have any problems. Well, all of a sudden the tail lights wont work. Every time you touched the brake the blinker would go on. We replace the exterior fuse and it works for a little while about an hour than burns out. We replaced one of the back bulbs and replaced the fuse again. Had tail lights but the blinker lights would stay on. Has anyone had this issue? The Kia dealer is useless. It's like nobody knows anything about this vehicle. Pretty sad. Any advice would be great. Getting a new car is not an option. LOL