Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

2010 Hyundai Azera

2»

Comments

• Got a good look at the 2010 Azera this past weekend. Looks like the 2009 with the exception of a larger XM antenna. I do like the grill they put on the 2009 and 2010, getting ready to order one for my 08. It really makes the front stand out IMO. Still putting on the Michelin Energy Plus MXV4 that I will be replacing very shortly, to noisy for my taste. Just made a 650 trip with 28-29 MPG, made my day.
  • jaymagicjaymagic Posts: 309
    The latest I heard from my Hyundai dealer is that while there may be a 2010 Azera, The coming new Sonata will be larger and plusher and will apparently cover both the Sonata and Azera market.
  • craigmricraigmri Posts: 243
    I dont know....The 2011 sonata will only be available with a 4 cylinder(198-200hp). Eventually a turbo 4 will be offered but the 265hp Azera is a sweet ride.

Craig
  • jaymagic, you must mean a 2011 Azera, the 2010's are on the lots. Only word so far is that the 2011 Sonata will not offer V-6's, but it does look good.
  • allmet33allmet33 Posts: 3,557
    Actually SilverBullet00...there is not word that the Azera will make it to 2011. It was heavily speculated earlier this year with the dropping of the Genesis, that the Azera wouldn't make it to an 2010 model year. Something is telling me that 2010 will be the last model year of the Azera.

Jaymagic...I have been told the same thing about the upcoming Sonata, that it would actually be better than the current Azera. That being said, if the Azera were to come back in '11...it would have to be totally revamped and basically be a FWD version of the Genesis 3.8.
  • if the Azera were to come back in '11...it would have to be totally revamped and basically be a FWD version of the Genesis 3.8.

If it does come back for 2011, it will be based on the same platform the new Kia Cadenza will be built from.

http://www.autotropolis.com/auto-industry-news/kia-unveils-2011-kia-cadenza-seda- - n.html

http://www.automoblog.net/2009/10/20/kia-unveils-cadenza-luxury-sedan/
  • allmet33allmet33 Posts: 3,557
    Tenpin...yes, I have seen the unveiling of the Cadenza (where do they come up with these names). It's based on that new VG platform...which is actually the sister platform on which the current Azera is based on. Considering the Kia version will be offering AWD, maybe that's one of the upgrades that will go on with the Azera should it stick around beyond 2010. Also...if AWD can be offered on a car such as the Cadenza, then that would mean there's hope that the Genesis and possibly the upcoming Equus could also offer that feature as well.

However, back tracking on my statement about the Azera not making it past 2010...I found this little blurb in Wikipedia on the Kia Opirus (Amanti)...

"The Kia VG concept (Kia KND-5, production model named Cadenza) was reported to be successor of Amanti, based on the platform for the next generation of Hyundai Azera."

So maybe that would mean that the upcoming Azera would be set apart from the Sonata by offering features like AWD, LED headlight surrounds, heated & cooled seats, extendable seat cushions and other features that the Cadenza will offer.
2»
This discussion has been closed.