Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

GMC Terrain

Comments

• ray80ray80 Posts: 1,257
    It may just be you do a good job at keeping the lenses clean. I don'r have a lot of experiance night driving the T yet, but with my daily driver (HHR) I get flashed all the time (and adjustment is correct). Tends to happen more in winter when many/most vehicles have a lot of slop on their lenses and clean ones appear brighter to on coming drivers.
  • gmcustsvcgmcustsvc Posts: 4,083
    You stated Customer Service was unable to help, do you have a case already set up? If you do, could you please email me the case number?

Thank you,
    Caron, GM Customer Service
    Hate to assume anything, but you have set to auto (so heat comes on when you remote start)? It may be because its trying to take some of the humidity out of the air, at least that what I read elsewhere.
  • ansbyansby Posts: 3
    edited April 2011
    I bought my 2010 GMC Terrain in Nov of 2009. At first, things were wonderful..fast forward to now...it has been in the shop to replace the timing chain, cam shaft, tempature gage (when it overheated). It has a horrible loud knocking noise in the engine, which I have taken it into service. Was told this is how it is supposed to sound...I would NOT have bought a car that sounds like this and I know this is not how it sounded when I bought it. Now, when you push on the gas, it has a knocking noise. I am deploying to Afghanistan in July and this lemon of a car will sit for a year, cant wait to see how it runs when I return, if it runs at all!! I have told all that have asked me about the GMC Terrain to forego buying it!
  • griswaldgriswald Posts: 33
    Wow, that's not good, 4or 6 cyl?
    It is a 4 cyl. I traded in my Ford Expedition to downsize and get better gas mileage. I have regretted that decision. I would like GMC to buy back this particular vehicle. I have gone to JAG to inquire about our states lemon laws.
    A real shame about the problems with the 4 cyl, the vast majority of Terrrain and Equinox problems relate to the 4 cyl. while the 6 cyl. seems trouble free.
    ansby,
    I would like to to thank you for your service! I would like to look into this further. Can you please email me your complete contact information, VIN, current mileage, and involved dealer? I look forward to your response.
    Christina
    GM Customer Service
    I sent my information via e-mail. I appreciate any assistance I can receive. I know my resale value is nothing now, nobody is going to buy a car that sounds the way it does, not to mention the sound when you press the gas. I bought this car because of the advertised gas mileage and the room it has in the back for my boys sports equipment. Now, I am apprehensive to take it on a long road trip with all the problems it is having. The e-mail account is an Army.mil account. Again, thank you.
    No case number was ever given - my comment based on just a phone call to GM Customer Service (Canada) last fall.
    I do keep the headlights clean but the low beams actually look too high when looking at the lighting pattern projected on the vegetation, etc. along the sides of the road. The top of the light is at just about the same level as the average car drivers eye height. The effect is of course even worse if there's any load in the rear.
    griswald,

Unfortunately, I am unable to assist customers outside of the United States. I would encourage you to contact GM of Canada again.

Thank you,
    Caron, GM Customer Service
  • eliaselias Posts: 1,916
    edited April 2011
    griswald, there's gotta be a manual levelling method for the lights.
    NHTSA pays rather close attention to headlights/adjustments - my 06 VW Jetta was recalled due to there being a problem with the headlight adjusters.
    so if there is any problem with your headlight level/adjustment, mention filing a NHTSA-equivalent complaint and then see if suddenly a solution is found! there's gotta be an agency like that in Canado too, eh?
  • Wanted to post a follow-up message to my original post. I have taken my wife's 2011 AWD V6 Terrain back to the dealership twice for low city MPG. The dealership told me that the vehicle checked out both times & that they could not find any problems. I received a call from GM Customer Service rep 04/21/11. She said GM is aware that there are fuel economy issues with some Terrains. She also told me that GM engineering has solved the problem with 4-cyl engines and they are being fixed, but engineering is still working on the V6 solution. She said that our concern is not the only V6 owner concern & that CS has made our dealership aware of all this. CS says the dealership is on alert that a fix will soon be coming and the dealership would contact me immediately once they receive notice.
  • psywzrdpsywzrd Posts: 30
    edited April 2011
    That's good to hear. I have a v6 as well so I'd certainly love to know when/if they fix this issue and if they're going to institute a recall for it. I certainly hope they do a recall for something as important as this, especially with gas prices being where they are right now. If you get any further information on this and/or get your wife's Terrain fixed, please post back here if you can.
  • safety9285safety9285 Posts: 88
    :confuse: I have an Acadia and even though I do not have a sunroof on the Acadia, I have read many posts on the Acadia forum detailing horror stories about Acadia Roofs leaking and causing much interior damage including damage to the electrical systems.
    So my quesiton is as I consider a new Terrain to replace my 2007 Acadia, one option I would like to have on my next vehicle is a sunroof.
    Has anyone heard anything good or bad about the water tightness of the Terrain Sunroof?
    I have a 2007 Acadia. I have gotten the "service Stabilitrak" alert more than a few times. Dealer said shut off the engine and re-start and it goes away. He was right.
    In my case, it is just a quirk of the System.
  • cmccullcmccull Posts: 33
    My Terrain has a sunroof and I haven't had any problems. This car has been trouble free so far. Not one problem.
    Do you have the 4 or 6 and are you OK with the mileage your getting?
  • kelsan1kelsan1 Posts: 34
    Hello, I have a new 2011 Terrain with sunroof/4 cyl and have had no problems to date; it is about 4 weeks old and has 1000 miles already; in addition I also have a 2011 Equinox equipped the same and have 13800 miles on that. The problems with it have been few and not major mechanical as posted in the Equinox forums and elsewhere her.
    Mileage for the Equinox averages about 23/25 in combined driving now and the Terrain is averaging about 20/23 in mixed driving.
    I bought the Terrain based upon my experience with the Equinox and so far am extremely pleased with the car.
    My Terrain came w/18" tires vs. 17" on the Equinox and does seem to ride a little better. Hope this help you. :)
    Thanks for the info. I drove a 2011-4-Nox yesterday and 10 minutes later drove Similar 4-Terrain and I agree that the Terrain ride a little better. I can not find a Terrain in the SLT2 trim so I am going to order a 2012 in about 2 weeks. Said I will get it 4-6 weeks after that. I told them I will accept delivery only after I drive it first . No deal until I feel the wheel.
    We have a sunroof on ours, no problems yet but I wouldn't be surprised if we eventualy do. The drains are the usual suspect I believe, they can get clogged. Google sunroof leaks and you will find many vehicles that have issues.

Gas milage wise out AWD 6 is doing reasonable. With careful driving in the 55-60 MPH range I have gotten a tad over 24 MPG on a trip (rated at 22MPG highway). Finding a speed/gear that keeps the Tach in the 1450-1500 RPM range seems to work well.
    Thanks for the info.
  • kelsan1kelsan1 Posts: 34
    Can you tell me if you keep your RPM about 1900 average what kind of mileage you are seeing?

My equinox gets mid to high 20's around 65mph but it is a 4 cyl with 14k miles, my terrain just turned 1200 and has been driven in mixed driving and is only getting low 20's at best so far.

Thanks.
  • cmccullcmccull Posts: 33
    I have the 6 SLT2 with AWD. Our last trip to Texas and back. Drove 1770 miles and averaged 22.3 MPG.

This was mostly highway but not all. Some of the highway miles were at about 78MPH.
    Anyone have a 4cyl/AWD long enough to be able to tell me their real life mileage experience?
  • We've had our 4 cylinder for over a year now and we're still getting around 22 mpg in town and about 26 mpg on the highway according to the car's mpg thing. Is anybody getting much better? And by the way, does everybody's mpg gauge work the same way? When I reset ours it will go to zero briefly and then scroll to 22 mpg.

We live in Dallas, so mostly pretty flat driving. On the highway we probably average about 80, so I know that's why our highway mpg doesn't come close to the 32 advertised, but I would think 28 mpg or so would be reasonable. Even on cruise control for long stretches at 75 it still only gets about 26 mpg or so. What is your experience with the 4 cylinder?

Finally, does anybody else just hate the seats? My wife likes them (and its "her" car!), but they seem to recline so far backwards I have a hard time finding a comfortable position. And they're difficult to get out of too, especially parked on our driveway with a slight incline.

Overall, my wife loves the vehicle so I do too!
    I was getting ready to buy a 2011 Terrain until I found out that there is no Home Link type option available on the 2011. This is the feature that allows the vehicle to sync with your Garage door opener.
    Two Questions:
    1. What was GM thinking?
    2. Does anyone know if this feature will be available in the 2011 due out in late July? :confuse:
    I re-posted since I meant to ask if this reature would be available in 2012.

I was getting ready to buy a 2011 Terrain until I found out that there is no Home Link type option available on the 2011. This is the feature that allows the vehicle to sync with your Garage door opener.
    Two Questions:
    1. What was GM thinking?
    2. Does anyone know if this feature will be available in the 2012 due out in late July?
    I am test riding a 2011 via rental and I find the seats very uncomfortable.
    I hope the 2012's are better.